Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Disturbance In The Force?

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
edited October 2014 in EggHead Forum
Is it just me or have things been a bit catty around here lately?

Not that I mind, just trying to figure out if there is a larger cause?

Or is it just that the moon is in the position it reaches once per month?

:-?  :-@  :!!  :-/  [-X
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    @DMW ... Yes, quite a few 'different' personalities in play. I just lay low and try to mind my own business.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    SoCalTim said:

@DMW ... Yes, quite a few 'different' personalities in play. I just lay low and try to mind my own business.

I don't think it's multiple personalities. Most likely Oppositional Defiant Disorder. We relish all the negative attention.
  • DMW
    Options
    I don't think it's multiple personalities. Most likely Oppositional Defiant Disorder. We relish all the negative attention.
    I started reading the Wikipedia entry for ODD, but...wow that's a lot of reading for a school night. :D
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    A little bit =))
    It's been full on **** sessions on some threads.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Did you just watch Dr Phil too??  I mean...I didn't...my wife was watching it. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have been off and on of my meds. I turn green when not sedated.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    The last patient I had with that disorder threw her colostomy bag at me. It was full.

Good times!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    :^o we know Dr Phil's yer boy @SmokeyPitt‌
    Now put down the Cosmo and Woman's Day magazine and get back to the forum. ;):))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I'm drinking a very manly cab thank you very much! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options

I'm drinking a very manly cab thank you very much! 

Drinking a manly Zin myself :D
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    I just run "submerged and undetected" once the fun starts.  But it can be very entertaining reading-especially the "serve and volley" exchanges.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Wine is manly. Enjoying a glass or two of manly Cabernet Sauvignon. Cheers y'all.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    lousubcap said:

I just run "submerged and undetected" once the fun starts.  But it can be very entertaining reading-especially the "serve and volley" exchanges.

Dog gone bubbleheads can stay undetected for a long time. Until it's time to strike. Then...stand the eff by ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

The last patient I had with that disorder threw her colostomy bag at me. It was full.

Good times!

Would've been a even better story if ya would've opened it and thrown it back. Sort of like hot potato but, stinky. =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    DMW said:

Shut the Hell up or I will kick your ass! 

No seriously I have noticed that as well. Somebody jumped on RRP earlier. Can you imagine that? RRP is the nicest guy here. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

DMW said:

Shut the Hell up or I will kick your ass! 

No seriously I have noticed that as well. Somebody jumped on RRP earlier. Can you imagine that? RRP is the nicest guy here. 

While I don't disagree with you, RRP has a handful or two of passionate haters. I'm unsure what he did to them, but people love to troll him.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    cazzy said:
    While I don't disagree with you, RRP has a handful or two of passionate haters. I'm unsure what he did to them, but people love to troll him.
    I wasn't aware of that. I know that Ron, @RRP, doesn't need my backup, but I everything I have ever read from Ron and every vibe I have picked up from him has been super friendly and helpful. 

Why someone would be a hater is beyond me. Some people need to get a life. 

• DMW
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Maybe...image ...he's been around awhile =))
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I am pretty sure its because all the mini max sightings. I may be waiting at the motherships doors on 11/1 after all the hating i have done so I can get the first one.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    We just need a group hug! >:D< :D I love all you ladies and gents. Especially @Griffin. There is a special place in my heart for that bastard. :x
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Maybe things'll calm down after the election.   :-?

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• DMW
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    We just need a group hug! >:D< :D I love all you ladies and gents. Especially @Griffin. There is a special place in my heart for that bastard. :x
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Some folks just like to be miserable and hateful. Glad I dont go through life that way. Ron's a good dude like most everybody around here. I really just dont get it. Now that john kichens guy is another story. That dog hater should be run outa here yesterday.

Little Rock, AR

• johnkitchens
    Options
     Now that john kichens guy is another story. That dog hater should be run outa here yesterday.
    I agree! 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options

Now that john kichens guy is another story. That dog hater should be run outa here yesterday.

I agree! 

Ha! If they run you out I'm goin with ya buddy.

Little Rock, AR

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Maybe they will let us stay. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    There's a douche bag in every group of people.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I think Ron was trying to be helpful but didnt realize if you can't figure out the extender you shouldn't be allowed to play with fire.