Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My idiot son.

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    You know I love you so settle down.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SGH said:

See. I just got him to give me another bump to the the top and another hit. It's just that simple. Nothing to it.

You don't need me to bump this thread. Plenty of other people are doing that.

My next brisket will be titled: My idiot brisket. Guaranteed to get exciting!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    See how easy I got 3 bumps and 50 views. Just all in good fun.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited September 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Sardonicus‌ Brother Sard don't take anything serious or personal that you read on this forum. Must of it is just folks kidding around. Just humor and fun. Nothing more. A few people jousting back and forth with each other has got me over 3,000 hits on this post. So I welcome it. I intentionally stir cazzy up when I'm bored. Why? It's fun and it's a sure way to get thousands of hits. All in good fun with each other. Nothing personal at all.

Because I comment does not mean that  I take you seriously.  It means that I commented.  That's all.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    cazzy said:

Your post reminded me of this: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4784416 I personally avoid referring to my kids in terms that are demeaning. This is a personal decision as my father chose the opposite path and it really affected my self confidence when I was younger. Those words stuck with me till I finally said F off, I don't give a f. I will tell my wife something like this, "Kinleigh is something else today and I really want to body slam her". It's in jest, as was SGH's reference. To each his own. 

@cazzy. Thanks for that link. That article written by Sarah Fader is freakin' awesome! It could possibly be the most relevant article I've ever read :) No seriously. 
    I can totally relate. I have two 3 year old grand-babies and one of them lives with us.

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I think you're all idiots!  That's why I come here.  Cause I'm w similar people to myself.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • cazzy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    TigerTony said:

cazzy said:
    TigerTony said:

Your post reminded me of this:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4784416

I personally avoid referring to my kids in terms that are demeaning. This is a personal decision as my father chose the opposite path and it really affected my self confidence when I was younger. Those words stuck with me till I finally said F off, I don't give a f.

I will tell my wife something like this, "Kinleigh is something else today and I really want to body slam her". It's in jest, as was SGH's reference. To each his own. 

@cazzy. Thanks for that link. That article written by Sarah Fader is freakin' awesome! It could possibly be the most relevant article I've ever read :) No seriously. 
    I can totally relate. I have two 3 year old grand-babies and one of them lives with us.

You're quite welcome. I loved it too when I read it after she posted it. It was a great article that got a lot of backlash from some. Definitely will be relating for the unforeseeable future. 15, 4, 2 and one on the way. I'm knees deep and wouldn't have it any other way.
  • SGH
    Options
    I have a special post for tonight. It's just for cazzy. Something me and brother Nola has been working on for months. It will not have "idiot" in the title though. It's our gift to the forum before the brisket camp.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have a special post for tonight. It's just for cazzy. Something me and brother Nola has been working on for months. It will not have "idiot" in the title though. It's our gift to the forum before the brisket camp.
    Ramen on hooks...yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SGH
    Options
    That's not it.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    Hey man can you call me? 228-627-5400. Have something for you. Name is Scottie.

Status- Standing by.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Brisket Camp is the gift to the forum. Nothing else matters...

• tjosborne
    Options

our principal called his "The Board of Education". It was written right on the handle.

Yep the board of education across the seat of learning.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • cazzy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ Hey man can you call me? 228-627-5400. Have something you. Name is Scottie.
    I'm not falling for that trap.  We both know that if I call you, my phone number is going to be plastered on some restroom wall.  

Call cazzy @ 210-xxx-xxxx for a crappy brisket!!  
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Proxy through Nola or Google voice dat homie.
  • SGH
    Options
    Just for the record. Cazzy did call me.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If their conversation was anything like the food pr0n movie "Chef" (should that be underlined?  I forget), all I can say is (read very slowly for effect) brown chikken brown cow (stole that from CT).
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    You really have a way with words brother Nola!! ;)

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - I know, thank you by the way....some people have described my way with words as "an invisible splinter of fiberglass insulation embedded in my epidermis".   I'll take a compliment now and then, brother Scotty. :D
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Well said again my friend. Well said indeed!!

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    A'ight.   Goin' to bed. 

@SGH - I know most of the folks don't understand the dynamic between you and your sons and your dry Paul Bunyan humor.  Your son's probably going to be talking about his old man's BGE forum hijack for years, and passed down for generations.  You're planting seeds, my friend.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Thanks for the kind words brother Nola. Fixing to call it for the night myself. Have a good one.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    You too, buddy.  I want to clarify that I've had the advantage in understanding (above posted comment) about your dynamic with offspring versus other forum members because I've met you and communicated outside the forum about said topic. 

)You know I'm ready call it quits after much firewater noted via inverted parentheses(

^^above was written by my robot
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Your robot did a par excellent job of eliciting a due and proper response. I gladly give both your and your robots response the:
    SGH

Status- Standing by.

• EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @Sardonicus

"Besides, if that thread really was posted by his son as SGH says, then that means his son knows this forum and is apparently okay with being referred to in that manner.

To each family its own.

Bless their hearts." :-<

I agree. The OP spins more than any politician and the gullible cattle eat it up. Sad thing is, these are the same people who elect the losers we have in office today.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    this sucks, I still haven't learned anything about TP.
  • cazzy
    Options
    EggerinLA said:

@Sardonicus

"Besides, if that thread really was posted by his son as SGH says, then that means his son knows this forum and is apparently okay with being referred to in that manner.

To each family its own.

Bless their hearts." :-<

I agree. The OP spins more than any politician and the gullible cattle eat it up. Sad thing is, these are the same people who elect the losers we have in office today.

• SGH
    Options

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Eat mor chikin?
    Options

Status- Standing by.