Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Which bourbon?

IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
So do I hit the Four Roses Small Batch or some Buffalo Trace? Or take a fifth of Ultimate Vodka to the head? Decisions...decisions.
·

Comments

• Put them all down and grab a bottle of Oban Single Malt Scotch
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390

Put them all down and grab a bottle of Oban Single Malt Scotch

That will be next time. Have to go out and buy it.
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501

Local party store where my daughter works had a whole barrel cased with their own logo.They also have the cask in their other location. I must of liked it. Think it was gone in a week.

Oh my older brother helped some.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • MarkzzzMarkzzz Posts: 25
    Pappy Van Winkle 20 year neat....The way God intended it.
    ·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    I like Knob Creek and Bulleit....pretty easy on the wallet too. Pappy is good stuff too......plenty of em out there for you to try.
    ·
  • Four roses gets my vote. 100 bucks for oban is a little spendy for me.
    ·
  • Makers Mark
    A winner that never gets old
    ·
  • munchmunch Posts: 7
    Blantons!
    ·
  • Makers Mark
    A winner that never gets old

Second that!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    Cast my vote for Four Roses....package store near mi casa carries single barrel 4R made specially for their store. Great stuff.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,143
    into (and it's almost gone - big sigh) 12 year old Aberlour double cask Highland single malt - very nice for "cheap" scotch. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,143
    Mickey - you're breaking my heart, can't stand to see something so good being so close to being over.....forever!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Try some sheep dip boyz. Not for the faint of heart but delicious

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406

into (and it's almost gone - big sigh) 12 year old Aberlour double cask Highland single malt - very nice for "cheap" scotch. 

I wouldn't put cheap I parentheses. My stuff is usually 10-20 more. I will need to give that a try.
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    I have to stop at about 50 bucks on the booze(once a year). Old Sheep Deep Dip is pretty good.Love single malt scotches.Still can't figure where I aquired the the taste for them. Like bourbons and Bombay Saffire. But as a good pollack I like my beer.But I can't stand any light beer. What a waste. A nice dry red wine works also.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • How about a little Evan Williams Single Barrel 10 Year? Mighty tasty for an under $25 bottle!
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,449
    The nights I get into brown water, I usually wake up on the porch with the egg and pandora blasting. SWMBO leaves me there as punishment. So.... I bought some Woodford yesterday....
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,653
    @Chubbs-if you can find Woodford's Double Oaked (been in the market for aorund 8 months or so) it is much better (opinion only FWIW) but hard to find even in the land of Kentucky Jelly.  I prefer it to Van Winkle's 12 and 15 year old-don't spend the $$ for the 20 and up.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406
    Forgot I had this behind my old grand dad.

So much win!
    ·
  • Bulleitt makes all better, frontier whiskey at it's finest poured over ice!!
    ·
  • for every day- Woodford (preferred) but more often Bulleit (really good for the money) special: Pappy Van Winkle but more often Jefferson's Presidential 18 Year Reserve

·
  • DawgDaysDawgDays Posts: 83
    edited January 2013
    For you Pappy fans out there - try the WL Weller. Same distributor. Pretty darn close, cheaper, and easier to find. It's my daily driver in an effort to save the small amount of Pappy I can get my hands on. Saw a couple people mention Bulleit. I'm not big on their bourbon but they make a darn good rye. Gonna have to take a flyer on the Woodford Double Oaked.
    ·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 685
    DawgDays got it right... Weller is a nice wheated bourbon. Mix the 7 year with Diet Sierra Mist or sip the 12 year neat or on the rocks. Perfect drink to sip Egg-side.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    lousubcap said:
    @Chubbs-if you can find Woodford's Double Oaked (been in the market for aorund 8 months or so) it is much better (opinion only FWIW) but hard to find even in the land of Kentucky Jelly.  I prefer it to Van Winkle's 12 and 15 year old-don't spend the $$ for the 20 and up.

Is it smoother? What is the taste like?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Really into Buffalo Trace and Bulleit Rye right now, but we go through phases.  I will probably get in a Maker's phase late this spring.  Was in a Woodford phase last year.  It's all good though
    ·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,315
    Talisker. Basil Hayden. Tito's. Hendrix. Cuervo. Jack. The perfect speed well...
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    DawgDays said:
    For you Pappy fans out there - try the WL Weller. Same distributor. Pretty darn close, cheaper, and easier to find. It's my daily driver in an effort to save the small amount of Pappy I can get my hands on. Saw a couple people mention Bulleit. I'm not big on their bourbon but they make a darn good rye. Gonna have to take a flyer on the Woodford Double Oaked.
    Drink Weller myself. I like the Makers Mark too but for the price, its hard to beat the Weller. Local store here had it for $28 for the 1.75
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,980
    Plano_JJ said:
    DawgDays said:
    Drink Weller myself. I like the Makers Mark too but for the price, its hard to beat the Weller. Local store here had it for $28 for the 1.75

Would that be Spec's? I get the 1.75 of Jack there for $29. I usually just get Jack or Turkey 101, but lately I've been liking 1835. I can get it for under $20. (This isn't my picture, I stole it somewhere online when I realized I didn't have a pic)

IMG_2446.jpg 130.1K

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • cmkrattcmkratt Posts: 46
    edited January 2013
    Griffin said:

Would that be Spec's? I get the 1.75 of Jack there for $29. I usually just get Jack or Turkey 101, but lately I've been liking 1835. I can get it for under $20. (This isn't my picture, I stole it somewhere online when I realized I didn't have a pic)

I've seen the 1835 at Specs but haven't tried it yet...I'll have to rectify that. Props to Skiddymarker on the Aberlour 12-year old. Picked up a bottle earlier this week and am really enjoying it.

·