Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

National Championship Game

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We need more trash talking in this thread.  Then the losers can smoke crow.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CeramicChef
    Options
    I don't have a dog in the ND - Bama fight. Im Catholic, but my two favorite teams have always been OU and whoever is kicking the crap outta ND. (That's gonna get me a front row seat in hell!) Boomer Sooner! Go OU! Beat the hell outta TAMU! (I'm conflicted .... Went to OU. And did my doctorate at TAMU.) Still, OU #1! Oh, btw, we'll be eating pulled pork, beans, and tater salad.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You might want to add spatchcocked crow to the dinner menu - I think OU is going to get spanked.
    Options
    Have y'all seen the ND shirts? I'm a SEC guy but dang they're funny. One is "golden domers v the mobile homers" and other is "Catholics v the convicts"
    Boom
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    the catholic vs convicts goes back to the miami days rivalry.  thats good stuff
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options

Have y'all seen the ND shirts? I'm a SEC guy but dang they're funny. One is "golden domers v the mobile homers" and other is "Catholics v the convicts"

Gd vs MH. That is great.
  • CeramicChef
    Options
    ND loves playing the whole Catholic concept. It's in their gestalt and they can't live without it. Everyone knows about "Touchdown Jesus" on the campus. But for the last few years, it would seem to me that Touchdown Jesus raising His arms to heaven begging for more Divine Help than giving thanks! ND was in the desert and they weren't being fed manna from heaven every day! Just my 2 cents ...
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Have you guys seen what the NC game tickets are going for?  I'm betting if you checked the Alabama Craigslist you could by some coon dogs and Remington Nylon 66's real cheap!  :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    ND loves playing the whole Catholic concept. It's in their gestalt and they can't live without it. Everyone knows about "Touchdown Jesus" on the campus. But for the last few years, it would seem to me that Touchdown Jesus raising His arms to heaven begging for more Divine Help than giving thanks! ND was in the desert and they weren't being fed manna from heaven every day! Just my 2 cents ...
    It was more like field goal Jesus for a while, and even 3 and out Jesus.
  • CeramicChef
    Options
    I don't know ... A good coon dawg is mighty 'spensive! Don't discount the stud fees or breeding rights as well!
  • burr_baby33
    Options
    I'm an SEC guy too but last night Louisville sure whopped up on the gators.
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    Fiesta Bowl could be rough. Oregon speed is tough to defend.
  • gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    Options
    2 of the top 3 teams in the SEC go down, say it isn't so. I thought that the only way a mighty SEC team could possibly loose was to one of their own. What is this world of football coming to. I guess Louisville and Clemson didn't get he memo about bowing down to the gods of football. Come on Irish, make it a clean sweep.
    George
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I'm an SEC fan.  Thought the Gators were over-rated this season (doesn't help Muschamp is a ****).  LSU's been struggling all year, and you could almost attribute the Bama and Clemson losses to "mad-hatter disease".  A trick play for LSU is throwing the ball.

Oh well.
    Options
    Just venting Nola. The SEC has some very good teams, but they always get way to much respect in the rankings which gets a little frustrating being on the west coast. Need a playoff of at least the top 4.
    George
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I dig, George.  I'm anti-dynasty.  The SEC has been dominant, and even though I'm a fan (and I hate everyone else...bwah haha), the only way I can feel good about it is to be fair, and if they lose (the SEC teams in the bowl games), then they f*cked up and deserve to lose.  There's pretty good parity in the whole football world if some other teams win, and I'm all for that.  Top recruits are torn between regional loyalty and whoring themselves out to the top teams.  Since there ain't no money exchanged, it's all reputation and smoozchin' high schoolers. SEC needs a handicap to keep stuff interesting, and they seem to be on track this year.  Oh yeah, F-Sabin.
    Options
    I play golf with a friend from Tennessee. To him there is college football then there is SEC football. God forbid I try to mix the two up. We get into some good arguments between golf shots. Too bad we didn't get a Bama vs Oregon game. That would have been fun to watch.
    George
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    gte1 said:

I play golf with a friend from Tennessee. To him there is college football then there is SEC football. God forbid I try to mix the two up. We get into some good arguments between golf shots. Too bad we didn't get a Bama vs Oregon game. That would have been fun to watch.

Don't count out an ND Bama game My man. ND very similar defensively to Stanford who was the only team to be able to stop the Oregon offensive speed attack.
  • rustypotts
    Options
    gte1 said:
    Just venting Nola. The SEC has some very good teams, but they always get way to much respect in the rankings which gets a little frustrating being on the west coast. Need a playoff of at least the top 4.
    gte 1........When I was a kid it was all about USC and UCLA.  It seemed like that's all the major news media talked about.  And Michigan and ND.....etc, etc...... 

The SEC Has been remarkably strong the last few years.  This year has been an exception.  Even in the SEC there has been a sort of "parity".  Alabama being the lone standout.  Us guys down here in the south suffer from a sort of media paranoia.  It seems like every time we turn on the TV we are being blamed for something.

And Nola.......I agree about Sabin........for what ever reason I just can't stand the guy.
  • IrishDevl
    Options

gte1 said:

gte 1........When I was a kid it was all about USC and UCLA.  It seemed like that's all the major news media talked about.  And Michigan and ND.....etc, etc...... 

The SEC Has been remarkably strong the last few years.  This year has been an exception.  Even in the SEC there has been a sort of "parity".  Alabama being the lone standout.  Us guys down here in the south suffer from a sort of media paranoia.  It seems like every time we turn on the TV we are being blamed for something.

And Nola.......I agree about Sabin........for what ever reason I just can't stand the

guy.

What do you get blamed for?
  • Matt20971
    Options
    Saban is the best coach in college football right now. Why hate him? Nola, he brought you guys a natty. I know he left you high and dry, but it was a lot of his talent he recruited that won you the 07 title also.
  • nashbama
    nashbama Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm not personally a fan of Saban. However, I like the fact that he's turned Bama into one of the most dominating teams in college football.

Since the game will be pretty much over before halftime, I'm thinking of something quick and easy to cook on Monday. Any suggestions? 
    ;)
  • IrishDevl
    Options

nashbama said:
    I'm not personally a fan of Saban. However, I like the fact that he's turned Bama into one of the most dominating teams in college football.

Since the game will be pretty much over before halftime, I'm thinking of something quick and easy to cook on Monday. Any suggestions? 
    ;)
    I don't think the Irish will put Bama away by halftime, don't be so pessimistic on your team.  Will be closer than that, 3rd-4th quarter I would say
  • chrisnjenn
    Options
    Notre Dame is the most undeserving team to ever play for the NC. They should be ashamed of scheduling mostly losers to play against. Not a Bama fan, but can't wait to see Bama completely dominate these media darlings. It won't be much of a game. The real NC game was already played in Atlanta a few weeks ago.
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The butt hurt is strong this morning. Lol
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

Gamecocks shouldn't have lost to LSU. Should have played in SEC Championship, beat Bama, and then gone to NC. If Gamecocks are healthy, they are pretty damn strong. Go ahead and disagree, but they are damn sure better than ND. Hell, so is Georgia and Oregon IMO.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Gamecocks shouldn't have lost to LSU. Should have played in SEC Championship, beat Bama, and then gone to NC. If Gamecocks are healthy, they are pretty damn strong. Go ahead and disagree, but they are damn sure better than ND. Hell, so is Georgia and Oregon IMO.

Chubbs - The gamecocks got by Michigan on a few big plays and Michigan isn't the strongest team.  So, please enough with the complete and utter BS. 
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    Notre Dame is the most undeserving team to ever play for the NC. They should be ashamed of scheduling mostly losers to play against. Not a Bama fan, but can't wait to see Bama completely dominate these media darlings. It won't be much of a game. The real NC game was already played in Atlanta a few weeks ago.
    Just another hater...
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    IrishDevl said:
    Just another hater...
    I have no dog in this race.  Neither a ND or Bama fan.  However, the reason most people hate ND is exactly this conversation.  ND has had one good season, and the arrogance, and elitist comes out 110%.  When ND has maintained being relevant and has proven themselves, then this behavior has some traction.
    If ND gets rolled in the title game, Kelly bolts for the NFL and you're right back to the ND of the early 2000's.
    I'm just hoping for a good game to watch on Monday night.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• IrishDevl
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    IrishDevl said:
    Just another hater...
    I have no dog in this race.  Neither a ND or Bama fan.  However, the reason most people hate ND is exactly this conversation.  ND has had one good season, and the arrogance, and elitist comes out 110%.  When ND has maintained being relevant and has proven themselves, then this behavior has some traction.
    If ND gets rolled in the title game, Kelly bolts for the NFL and you're right back to the ND of the early 2000's.
    I'm just hoping for a good game to watch on Monday night.
    Not sure I see your point, he stated they were the most undeserving team to play in a National Championship, even though they are the only bowl-eligible undefeated team in the country.  My response was "just another hater", should I have responded differently so my elitist attitude didn't shine through?  Not sure I see your un-elitist point.  How should I have responded, I wait your response good sir.  And it is called good old fashion trash talking before the game, IMHO of course - do yourself a favour and don't take it any other way - lighten up Francis.