Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK Fess-up

Options
I went to a fair amount of effort to make the spouse Italian sandwiches.  Onion, provolone,sauce, Parmesan.  Sausage grilled on the XL and the whole sandwiches toasted on the MBGE (first time I put the PS in the M).

It was crap.  Damn I missed this one.  Mine weren't helped by the garden jalapenos which were a lot hotter than I expected.

OK guys, give me a + for a real fail, and share as you feel fit to do.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    @Doc-They sure look tasty-I have frequent fails with brisket flats-always try for the home-run but most times I'm lucky for a solid single or double.  There are several that are strike-outs and get finely chopped, mixed with Q sauce for salvation.  BTW-I can relate to the random heat from the home-grown jalas.  Wish I was still harvesting but here in the land of Kentucky Jelly they only made it to mid-Nov.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Doc-They sure look tasty-I have frequent fails with brisket flats-always try for the home-run but most times I'm lucky for a solid single or double.  There are several that are strike-outs and get finely chopped, mixed with Q sauce for salvation.  BTW-I can relate to the random heat from the home-grown jalas.  Wish I was still harvesting but here in the land of Kentucky Jelly they only made it to mid-Nov.

:))

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Village Idiot
    Options
    You suck, Doc !

Just kidding.  We all have failures. But, we all learn from the failures and that makes us even better.  
    \:D/

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Doc, they look good - Grilled sausage, cheese, sauce, bread...What was bad about them? Not much that could go wrong!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options

Doc, they look good - Grilled sausage, cheese, sauce, bread...What was bad about them? Not much that could go wrong!
    Just didn't taste good.  I knew the photos would let me fake it, but I did not want to do that.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    You suck, Doc !

Just kidding.  We all have failures. But, we all learn from the failures and that makes us even better.  
    \:D/
    Luigi!  I'ma gonna do somma-thing nasty inna that wokka thingie.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Luigi!  I'ma gonna do somma-thing nasty inna that wokka thingie.
    Pasquali, don't a make me send Joseppe and Guido to pay you a visit.  They know where you stash your lump charcoal.  I'd hate for anything to happen to it.   :ar!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I don't recall jalapenos being called out in any of my Italian cookbooks; the rest of the sammiches look delicious!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Doc, we all have failures, my dog loves to see brisket come home, she usually gets it. 
    Italian sausage should be butterflied, spatchcocked if you will. Split it, cook casing side down first, then flip to open side. Serve on a calabrese roll (like a burger roll, not a wiener roll) with choice of cheese, provolone is good, and peperocinni. or a nice giardiniera...
    Italians are not brats....IMHO
    looks good - you are too honest....

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Doc, we all have failures, my dog loves to see brisket come home, she usually gets it. 
    Italian sausage should be butterflied, spatchcocked if you will. Split it, cook casing side down first, then flip to open side. Serve on a calabrese roll (like a burger roll, not a wiener roll) with choice of cheese, provolone is good, and peperocinni. or a nice giardiniera...
    Italians are not brats....IMHO
    looks good - you are too honest....

Good info.  I did not know that about Italian sausage.  Then again, I never cook it without busting it up first (as an ingredient for bolognese sauce).  You da man.
    Any wood?  Which charcoal?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!