Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Introduction

Options
DawgDays
DawgDays Posts: 83
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to pop in and say hello -- long time reader, first time poster. I've had my LBGE for about 4 weeks right now and the wife is upset. She has quickly realized that she's fallen to #2 in the pecking order!

No pics yet, but here's a sampling of what we've done in the first month:
ABTs
Pulled chuck roast (WOW! What a treat compared to PP)
Ribeyes & NY Strips (TRex ftw)
St. Louis cut ribs
Plank salmon
Shrimp direct (DP Dizzy Dust & 2 min/side)
Cherrystones on the half shell
2x Baked Potatoes
Sweet potato fries
Several pizzas -- I'm batting .500 with getting it on and off the peel. About to give up on the cornmeal method entirely and switch to parchment!

Blown away so far by the quality of the food coming off this grill. Looking to expand to a fleet of Eggs as soon as possible! Formerly had been a char-griller user for low and slow w/ the offset firebox. I just have to laugh now as I think back to the times I was fighting a fire that was too big or too small at 4 AM!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this board past and present -- it's been invaluable to a successful first 30 days.

Comments