Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Topics, Ranked

Not "eggcessories" or "overbite/underbite" or "fests" or "random acts of egg-kindness" -- They're all great, but too egg-related to qualify for the pure OT list that I'm thinking about and ranking.  Let's hear it for those topics that undeniably are Off The Egg (or at least 2 degrees of separation from it), but you can't stop yourself from falling into the clickhole!!  

Here's the definitive ranking, no subjectivity here whatsoever . . .

1.  Coolers (seriously, I will never get enough of Yeti vs. XXX.  I've got a garage full of coolers, but I continue to read every word of these posts and click thru to all cooler-related links like the internets are paying me to do it.)
2.  Alcohol (don't tell me it's not OT to be looking at your boozy posts!)
3.  Politics (a slow motion train wreck of half, full, and over-baked opinions of all stripes.  Best on Friday night/Sat early a.m.  I just can't resist, and I really do try.)
4.  Fire Arms/Weaponry/Tools ('MERICA!!  F-Yeah!!!)
5.  Appliances/Gadgets (Blackstone, I'm looking at you . . .) 
6.  Sports (see #4)
7.  Sales/Bargains (yes it IS a bargain, whether I need it or not)
8.  Hobbies/Travel (Your posts > My job)
9.  Pets (alive and kicking or RIP . . . keep 'em coming)
10. Music (listening?  systems?  It's all good!)

Happy OT Friday to all Eggers and Mods!
It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,274
    ive had great restraint from looking at the what are you doing now thread =) currently showing 6576 new comments =) one day at a time, one day at a time
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Yes my drink is pink. And full of alcohol. 
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    It's Friday!!
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    1.  Coolers (seriously, I will never get enough of Yeti vs. XXX.  I've got a garage full of coolers, but I continue to read every word of these posts and click thru to all cooler-related links like the internets are paying me to do it.)
    Never heard of RTIC nor knew that Pelican made coolers until a month ago. A 30 soft side and 55 Tailgater later=similar intervention needed.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Not "eggcessories" or "overbite/underbite" or "fests" or "random acts of egg-kindness" -- They're all great, but too egg-related to qualify for the pure OT list that I'm thinking about and ranking.  Let's hear it for those topics that undeniably are Off The Egg (or at least 2 degrees of separation from it), but you can't stop yourself from falling into the clickhole!!  

Here's the definitive ranking, no subjectivity here whatsoever . . .

2.  Alcohol (don't tell me it's not OT to be looking at your boozy posts!)

3.  Politics (a slow motion train wreck of half, full, and over-baked opinions of all stripes.  Best on Friday night/Sat early a.m.  I just can't resist, and I really do try.)
     Fire Arms/Weaponry/Tools ('MERICA!!  F-Yeah!!!)
    5.  Appliances/Gadgets (Blackstone, I'm looking at you . . .) 
    6.  Sports (see #4)
    7.  Sales/Bargains (yes it IS a bargain, whether I need it or not)
    8.  Hobbies/Travel (Your posts > My job)
    9.  Pets (alive and kicking or RIP . . . keep 'em coming)
    10. Music (listening?  systems?  It's all good!)

Happy OT Friday to all Eggers and Mods!
    I am thinking humor should be on the list there somewere. 

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Otis! My man!
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,027
    Wait til Otis sees us!  He loves us!

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX