Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chorizo-spiced pulled pork

Options
well braised in the dutch, poured buckets out this weekend. Carolinaq inspired. more like a pork sloppyjoe, but thats a good thing with a mexican street corn slaw
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/05/mexican-chorizo-pulled-pork-corn-slaw-recipe.html

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    Wow...  I'll need to try it this way soon.  I tried to stuff raw chorizo into a boneless pork butt once.  The results was not worthy of pix nor this forum...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That looks great! Slaw looks almost as good as the meat! Still haven't done it, or the pork and beans, but I will.

Here's another must try for you. I missed Joan's original post, but when I saw Judy Mayberry's version, I knew I had to try it. I've done it several times now, both with beef (as called for) and with chicken thighs. Delicious either way. Great on a bun with slaw, but better as a taco or burrito! 

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1210326&catid=1

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited June 2015
    Options
    That looks great!

Did you follow the recipe or smoke it for a bit also?  I'm thinking I could make that using the carnitas method here.  (smoke for 90 minutes, then put the whole thing in the DO).

Either way, looks like a good method for smaller quantity cooks.  Like smaller shoulder cuts you get in the food store for a mid-week cook.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i followed the recipe, it worked well for the little cut, i would never do a full low and slow on a piece that small. it tastes even better today
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    i followed the recipe, it worked well for the little cut, i would never do a full low and slow on a piece that small. it tastes even better today
    Oh yeah, 3 lbs. is tiny.   @SGH puts three pounds of pork on top of his nacho appetizer.  ;)
    LBGE/Maryland