Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggheads Multiple Choice

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited April 2015 in Off Topic
The Beatles - Happy Birthday: https://youtu.be/ztoSUhbNntQ

For your own Birthday do you prefer to:
A» Go out to eat
B» Wife or Husband cook
C» Go to another relatives home
D» Egg your own celebration dinner

My birthday is coming up and I chose "D" without hesitation. 
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Haven't had a bday yet with the egg, but my oldest son chose egg. :)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    A - I love sushi.  Cannot egg sushi.

Anything else then D
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    A. Always A. Why would I want to clean-up on my birthday?
  • Eggerty
    Eggerty Posts: 220
    Options
    I would def EGG but there are some amazing places here in Denver.  It would depend on what I would want to eat.  Sushi being one on the list (I know uncooked fish).  We made it before and thought after a few hours "What the h*ll are we doing making this..."

But the perfect night would be dinner with the wife and 2 kids (2.5 & .5 yo) at home, eating a better meal than what you can get eating out for the most part. 

LBGE - Nov/'14
    A Texan residing in Denver, CO.
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    i generally cook my own and Mrs. NCEggSmoker does the desserts. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    :pensive: Didn't expect more to choose A.  One of my favorites is Sushi so maybe will have to hit that as a lunch warm-up. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt good call!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    D for sure, no question there. But cooking with the wife also, we dont like to get out much. Plus, then driving is involved, and that means a lack of liquor.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @AlbertaEgger HuskerMaMa & I like to cook together. We also enjoy going to a nice restaurant but, then that leaves one of us out for cocktails & that dog don't hunt.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    D no doubt!!!  Cook a really nice meal on the Egg.   Better food and a lot cheaper.  
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @jcaspary Better food no doubt. Cheaper?  Let me do the shopping and you'll recant. :smiley: 
    But, still likely less expensive in retrospect. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    D. I hate people. Especially in groups. Therefore I hate restaurants.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    D.  I don't get as much egg time as I would like - and it is often for quick meals like burgers or brats.  For my birthday I typically overcompensate by filling the egg (and maybe one or two other grills) with so much meat that party guests take meat home and we have leftovers for at least a week. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    A - I can not match what I can get a a decent restaurant

Garnerville, NY
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    D. I hate people. Especially in groups. Therefore I hate restaurants.
    I just rent out the whole restaurant.  B)
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Most times on my birthday we go to some new place I've been wanting to go to. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    D for me as well, I take the day off and cook something fun
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    I should add that when I cook something for my birthday, there is a 95+% chance that something I learned at this site enhances the quality of the cook.

Thanks to all for that.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I totally dig it when my wife fires up the egg and cooks dinner.  Birthday or not 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    robnybbq said:
    :open_mouth: That's hogwash
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    robnybbq said:
    :open_mouth: That's hogwash
    You must not have nice restaurants in Jacksonville.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    Sounds like a reason to join Club SRF @NPHuskerFL
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    D i made pizza for the family on my Birthday
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Eggcelsior We have some excellent restaurants in Jax and surrounding areas. I provide service in many of them. However, I will almost always choose to cook myself. I guess I'm weird that way huh. I don't work in an office & I'm surrounded by commercial kitchens a lot so I like to be at home. I kick on the stereo, fire up the eggs, engage in conversation with my wife and family, drink some cocktails, look & listen to nature and just bask in the moment. It's my Zen. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @DoubleEgger I mentioned that in casual conversation to HuskerMaMa and I was directed to the freezer where we have probably 10+# vac saved (For Chili in my mind).  I ain't about to eat that this weekend :minus_one:. A SRF brisket will come soon enough. I'm going with some of my favorites (not including brisket).  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • WyBBQer
    WyBBQer Posts: 66
    edited April 2015
    Options
    D That's the obvious choice for me.  I would chose D even if I thought that I could do better in a restaurant.  Nothing is better than quality time at home with family!
    1 LBGE & 1 MMBGE
    Lingle, WY
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    After over 30 years in the engineering support, marketing and sales game, I ate at some of the best restaurants all over North America on the company dime. In fact ,before we moved to the Vancouver BC area, I checked my expanse accounts and I had already spent almost 2 years in the city on 5 or 6 day trips. Now, we stop for burgers at a pub, providing they have a craft beer. Seldom eat out. For BDs, I like “D”, but then at my age celebrating another year is in fact a celebration in itself! :o
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    @Eggcelsior We have some excellent restaurants in Jax and surrounding areas. I provide service in many of them. However, I will almost always choose to cook myself. I guess I'm weird that way huh. I don't work in an office & I'm surrounded by commercial kitchens a lot so I like to be at home. I kick on the stereo, fire up the eggs, engage in conversation with my wife and family, drink some cocktails, look & listen to nature and just bask in the moment. It's my Zen. 
    Fair enough. My dad. sister and I(and now my daughter) have a birthday within 17 days of each other. Going out for a big meal has been a tradition and still is. Secondly, cooking in our house means "you cook, you clean", no exceptions. That's not my idea of a good time on my birthday. Lastly. Our kids are 3 and under, so Zen is a night away from them with dinner and a hotel. I suppose it's due to us being at different stages in our respective lives.

Plus, I saved about 20 bucks on the steak I had compared to what I could do buying it myself(dry aged Waygu).