Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did this months check not clear

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
today about every second post/read have to re-sign in??? 
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    They heard that you are not running Salado any longer and are punishing you  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Might be time for another Hitler video.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mickey
    Options
    This has to work as I am in grandparents hell. 5 hours. My grandchild on for 60 seconds at best. 
    They pull your grandparents card if you leave early. And who don't want $6 cokes and $8 hotdogs. Not to be confused with the $8 peanuts. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options

image.jpg 1008.7K

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Mickey said:
    $6 cokes and $8 hotdogs. $8 peanuts. 

3 of my very favorites.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

They don't allow @henapple at that sort of event. Something about violating the terms of his parole.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Options
    caliking said:

They don't allow @henapple at that sort of event. Something about violating the terms of his parole.

Yes. That 500 foot deal. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Im no grandparent yet but I'd still consider that hell.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Uh Mick, That would be cheque

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Justacookin
    Justacookin Posts: 291
    Options
    Just an Uncle once a year I have to go and I feel for you Swmbo makes me go, I think hell will be better we won't have buy lump.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I've had this issue from time to time. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    @Mickey - hey is your Granddaughter going to the "Competition" at the  DisneyLand conference centre March 28th&29th? I got out of going to these things right after the first one, SWMBO is the world's best gramma and cheers for both of us - have no idea how she can stand it. 
    SWMBO, daughter and the two grandkids are going to make a week out of it while I get to stay home alone with the dog. (Thank God we have a dog!)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    I've had this issue from time to time. 
    @pgprescott ... ahhh "Grandparent's Hell"?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @Skiddymarker-being in the EDT zone and having had several adult cocktails I wanna be sure I interpreted your above post correctly-you took one for the team and then you were home-free??  Congrats!!  
    I willingly took quite a few with the kids-SWMBO was engaged on HER time-frame but that was it.  Someday I may want/need the great transformation-may be a gender thing?  
    All-Have a great weekend!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skiddymarker
    edited March 2015
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Skiddymarker-being in the EDT zone and having had several adult cocktails I wanna be sure I interpreted your above post correctly-you took one for the team and then you were home-free??  Congrats!!  
    I willingly took quite a few with the kids-SWMBO was engaged on HER time-frame but that was it.  Someday I may want/need the great transformation-may be a gender thing?  
    All-Have a great weekend!
    @lousubcap- I grew up in the days of the Montréal Expo’s, I learned from watching Ron “Get hit” Hunt - the master of taking one for the team.  
    Truth is we are blessed with two grandson’s and three granddaughters - they are all priceless, but it is nice I get to go do the guy things with the boys while SWMBO takes in the time with the young ladies. Great bonding time. 
    Even though I’m in the Pacific Time zone, just noticed the beer fridge is getting low as the empty pile grows and I’m not totally sure which NCAA game I just watched. 
    Take care. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    All apologies for taking this thread off the tracks-but @Skiddymarker-I grew up around 45 miles (KM?) south of Montreal.  Friggin Bud Selig and the strike of '94-Expos's with the best record in baseball and Tony G hitting 394...just wanted to reach out and...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    All apologies for taking this thread off the tracks-but @Skiddymarker-I grew up around 45 miles (KM?) south of Montreal.  Friggin Bud Selig and the strike of '94-Expos's with the best record in baseball and Tony G hitting 394...just wanted to reach out and...
    Apologize for the hijack - Damn, we were neighbours, er.... neighbors. Lake Champlain terror that you were. Not very deep to get that sub underwater though. Did you see Will Ferrell playing an inning with the A’s? 

• Little Steven
    Options
    I used togo to the Grande Prix and go to a couple of 'spos games on the same weekend. What a great team with Carter and Timmie Raines

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• lousubcap
    Options
    And then there was "Champ" (or was that L_S??) the terror of Lake Champlain.  And i was young and naive in those days.  But you could grow up quite quickly in Montreal:) And now back to our original progamming- Go A's!

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    I used togo to the Grande Prix and go to a couple of 'spos games on the same weekend. What a great team with Carter and Timmie Raines
    Ever catch a game at Jarry Park? 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    No but I was at the Jay's first home opener at Exhibition Stadium. Thank God for Yukon Jack

Steve 

Caledon, ON