Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Attention NOLA Area Eggers

Options
2»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    @nolaegghead

Absolut Cilantro?
    SWMBO threw it in the cart.  She said she heard it's good in bloodys.   She did it for me - doesn't like them herself.
    Options
    That can't be bad in a bloody! 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I'll have a snakebite!
    Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I'm admittingly jelly @nolaegghead‌. Crawfish, Butts, Booze and eggheads. Holy $hi+ balls this is gonna get cray cray! You actually might wanna skip the pics. What happens at Nolas Casa stays at Nolas Casa. >:)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL - It should be a good shin-dig, but so far no eggers have fully committed.  Hopefully @SGH will drop by and cook his nuclear crawfish.   I am supplying all the food and drink.  People need only to show up.  We do dinner parties of some sort almost weekly - the eggs are central to good times.  I don't do many weekend day cooks, I have an old friend in town and between that and the end of the crawfish season, thought it would be fun. 
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ if I wasn't so far away you can best bet I'd be rolling up on that scene. Sounds like a Hellava good time!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL - I'd welcome you here if that were the case my friend.  The only caveat is rain, but I have roofs, so we'll be fine, rain or shine.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ calling an event off for rain this time of year in FL, LA (the southern seaboard) is a no no. Rain is expected almost daily so unless it's TS or Hurricane induced I'm with you. Party On!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,676
    Options
    Will there be kilts? image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,869
    Options
    Mickey said:

Will there be kilts?

If the answer to that question is "no", I don't know whether I should be reassured - or very afraid.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @Foghorn - I'm only 1/4th Gaelic, so I'm wearing a 1/4 length mini-kilt.  So the latter.
    Options
    @Foghorn - I'm only 1/4th Gaelic, so I'm wearing a 1/4 length mini-kilt.  So the latter.
    Now I'm worried. Booze and mini-kilts are not a good mix...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    I worry about that kilt wearer. He knows not how they are to be worn. Insulting the heritage he is.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I worry about that kilt wearer. He knows not how they are to be worn. Insulting the heritage he is.
    What are you talking about?  I'm a certified kilt-wearer.  I used to be an apprentice, but stuck with the program after years of toil and hard work.
    Options
    Well then you know they are to be worn commando, not as an apron over blue jeans.

• nolaegghead
    edited June 2014
    Options
    That was put on me as a prop for a photo by Springhen.   And it wasn't a real kilt anyway.  I know this because I used the training.
    Options
    You're excused. Just don't go to Edinburgh.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I was driving down but I guess I'm not invited.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I gave you a standing invite, Tony. Ya drama queen.
    Options
    OK, if any of you NOLA folks like Tequila... I just scored a great deal on Olmeca Altos Tequila.  This stuff.

At International Market, there's a bunch of cases of it marked at $5.99/bottle.  I bought over a case of the reposado and a bottle of the alto.  750mL bottles, 80 proof, 100% agave.  Also, everything on the front row here was $5.99.   Throwing a party, why not stock up?

I just threw up in my mouth a little- the agave did me wrong awhile ago and I can't shake it
    Greensboro, NC
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,676
    Options
    Will Bridget let you do carrots? image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Mickey. ..go back to Toyota. You've got too much time on your hands.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    One butt is off, other is almost there.  Picking up crawfish at 11.  We have one brave local egghead - Tonytiger - he's bringing me some OO and Rockwood from the hardware store by his house - I've never tried them.  Anyway, he's coming over for the boil with his wife, looking forward to meeting him.
    Options
    If @henapple was wearing a 1/4 mini kilt you could see his bacon! Or not!

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    One butt is off, other is almost there.  Picking up crawfish at 11.  We have one brave local egghead - Tonytiger - he's bringing me some OO and Rockwood from the hardware store by his house - I've never tried them.  Anyway, he's coming over for the boil with his wife, looking forward to meeting him.

Damn, I was going to bring you some OO from Firecraft if I can get away.  Where do they have that stuff locally?

NOLA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @buzd504 - Apparently there's an Ace by where Tonytiger lives that has Rockwood and OO.  I'll ask him the name, I don't remember.
    Options
    Not from Nola so ignoring this thread.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Heh
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Wut?!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike