Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dimensions for an xl table

I am in the process of building a table for my new xl.  I see on the plans that you need 12.5" from the tom to the lower shelf because of the way the hinge drops down. Is that in fact correct? I have seen some discussion about a redesign of the hinge just wanted to be sure before I continue. Also does anyone have a pic of theirs using the 12.5 height. I am just concerned it will seem to high. Thanks
·

Comments

• Turk2011Turk2011 Posts: 45
    Good question. I just bought an xl 3 weeks ago. After researching about table everywhere I could find any info I built what I thought I wanted. I used to dimensions from the naked whiz site then modified mine to what worked for me. 12.5 is the depth that I used
    Swampeast , MO  XL 2013  MM 2015
    ·
    I'm trying to put a picture up. But apparently I'm not smart enough. Wait for it
    ·
  • BtbeamBtbeam Posts: 25
    Thanks for the help would it be easier to send the picture to my email? Does it seem to high for you or does it look ok Thanks again
    ·
    Post your info and I'll send it to ya. It's not to tall for me that said I only built it the legs 30" and used 5 in casters
    ·
    btbeam68@gmail.com
    ·
    Email headed your way. Hope it helps
    ·
    Thanks for the pics I appreciate it that's using the 12.5? It looks good thanks again
    ·
    I just measured to get exact. It's 13 1/4 from the top of the middle shelf to the top of the table. Then the egg is sitting in a 1 1/2 " paver
    ·
    Turk2011 said:
    I just measured to get exact. It's 13 1/4 from the top of the middle shelf to the top of the table. Then the egg is sitting in a 1 1/2 " paver

Turk2011 said:

·
    Thanks a lot
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,545
    I built a table for my XL and used the 12.5" dimension.  It is right - I am using the table nest for support. 
    On a separate note, if you plant to use a table cover from BGE, hold to their dimensions - I went too long by an inch and it is tight.  Can give you top dimensions and drawing if you are interested- a bit more detail than the drawing on the BGE site
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·