Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Turbo Butt - cazzy style!

cazzycazzy Posts: 6,476
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Was raining last night, so nothing went on and I said I would figure it on in the morning.  So at 8am, I decided I would do a turbo butt.  So I lit my egg, then went to the market and picked up a 8lb Boston Butt , apple smoke chips, and some Franklin's Sweet Vinegar BBQ Sauce. 

I decided to put my own spin on it, so I stabilized the egg at 320-325 dome.  My hope was to get some decent bark, so I lowered the heat a little, wrapped @170, and scratched the foil.  I opted for butcher paper since it breathes pretty well, and I think it did help preserve the bark.  Total cook time was 6 hours.

As expected, the bark is still better on a low n' slow.  However, this was fabulous, and I will definitely go this route again if i'm in a pinch!   ;)

Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...

Comments