Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

need recipes for wings

im needing some new wing recipes . i have a traditional and a jamacian jerk. would like to have a asian sweet hot type, sticky etc . thanks in advance .

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited January 2013
    Two good ones are piri-piri chicken wings and Australian Beer-BBQ Wings. The first one is all over the net, might need to add Steve Raichlen to search. The second one is also his and is on my blog.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Couple of Asian ones:
     Wings, Chicken, Baked Hoisin Sauce, Chinese

Although found in a Vietnamese cookbook, this chicken wings recipe is actually a Chinese dish. Author Diana My-tran states: When I was a secretary, I had a Chinese boss (and best friend) who introduced this wonderful appetizer to me. It was always a great hit at the office lunches.)

INGREDIENTS:  
    15   chicken wings  
    1 Tbs    honey or syrup  
    4 Tbs    hoisin sauce  
    3 Tbs    warm water  

3/4 tsp    salt  
    1/2 tsp    black pepper  
    2   garlic cloves, finely minced  
    1   scallion (green onion, spring onion), finely minced  
    1   slice fresh ginger, minced  

Procedure:
    1 Marinate chicken wings for 15 minutes in a mixture of honey, hoisin sauce, water, salt, pepper, garlic, scallion, and ginger.
    2 Heat oven to 350 degrees.
    3 Place chicken wings on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, brushing occasionally with marinade.
    4 Turn oven to broil and broil chicken wings five more minutes. Turn wings every two minutes to avoid burning.
    5 To serve: Transfer chicken wings to a serving platter and serve hot or at room temperature.

Recipe Type
    Appetizer

Recipe Source

Author: The Vietnamese Cookbook by Diana My-Tran.

Source: Vietnamese Cookbook, Diana My-Tran, 2006/09/09

Wings, Chicken, Grilled Vietnamese-Style, Emeril Lagasse

INGREDIENTS:  
    3 lbs    chicken wings, split at the joint, tips removed  
    2 Tbs    roughly chopped garlic  
    1/4 cup    chopped shallots  
    1/4 cup    chopped fresh ginger  
    3 Tbs    chopped scallion whites  
    1/2 cup    roughly chopped lemongrass bottoms  

3 Tbs    packed light brown sugar  
    1/3 cup    fish sauce  
    3 Tbs    fresh lime juice  
    3 Tbs    peanut oil  

Kosher salt  
    1/4 cup    dry-roasted peanuts, chopped  
    1/4 cup    chopped fresh cilantro  

PROCEDURE:
    1 Rinse the wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside in a large bowl while you prepare the marinade. Combine the garlic, shallots, ginger, scallions, lemongrass, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and peanut oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
    2 Pour the marinade over the wings and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate overnight.
    3 Preheat a grill to medium. Remove the wings from the marinade; reserve the marinade to brush the wings while they cook. Place the wings on the grill, season with 1 teaspoon salt and cook, turning every few minutes and basting with the marinade for the first 18 or so minutes. Continue to grill the wings until cooked through, 8 to 10 more minutes.
    4 Place the wings on a serving platter and garnish with the peanuts and cilantro.

Servings: 6
    Preparation time: 18 minutes
    Cooking time: 10 minutes

Recipe Type
    Appetizer, Main Dish, Poultry

Recipe Source

Author: Emeril Lagasse for Food Network Magazine

Source: BGE Forum, Florida Grillin Girl, 2010/01/24

FoodNetwork.com on Sun Jan 24 2010

This rib recipe works just as well with wings, just watch temp and time.

Pork, Ribs, Spare, Thai, Richard Fl.

This recipe is a variation of one in "Breath of a Wok" on page 188 Sweet & Sour Ribs.

INGREDIENTS:  
    1 Slab    Pork Ribs cut into thirds length wise then separated between bones  
    MARINADE:  
    3 Tbs    Black Pepper. Restaurant Grind  
    1/2 tsp    Butter. Unsalted  
    1 Tbs    Chile Oil  
    1/3 Cup    Chinkiang or Balsamic vinegar  
    1 tsp    Cornstarch  
    1/3 Cup    Dark Brown Sugar  
    2 Tbs    Fish Sauce  
    3/4 Tbs    Garlic Powder  
    6-8 Whole    Kaiif Leaves, chopped fine  

1 Tbs    Lemongrass, Dry  
    1/2 tsp    Lime Juice  
    1 tsp    Lime Zest  
    3 Tbs    Maple Syrup  
    1 tsp    Olive Oil  
    2 Tbs    Oyster Sauce  
    1 tsp    Salt  
    2 Tbs    Sesame Oil  
    1 tsp    Shaom Hsing rice wine or dry sherry  
    1/2 Cup    Soy Sauce  
    1/4 Cup    Sugar  
    1/4 Cup    White Sesame Seeds  

PROCEDURE:
    1 imageGetting rested by the pool in a soy, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and some other goodies for a few hours. I took a full size pork rib with brisket portion and cut lengthwise into thirds and then separated the ribs into single bite size pieces. Easier to have the butcher do it on his saw if possible.
    2 imageSet LBGE up indirect and got to 400F then some rosemary twigs and started cooking, basted and turned every 15-20 minutes until they were done about 1 hour and little change:
    3 imageReady to eat:
    4 imageFor sides did some Thai little round eggplants, garlic, onions, baby portobellos some cilantro and thai basil at the end. Added little hoisin sauce, black bean paste and some soy.

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source

Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl. 2012/05/04*

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1139325/thai-pork-ribs

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Go to necessaryindulgences.com. Kristi has a mean sticky wing. ;)
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Oakridge BBQ Habanero Death Dust , marinade overnight , cook to your liking , Then coat in your favorite wing sauce.
  • Grambler
    Grambler Posts: 153
    The wing I get the best reviews on is just seasoned, grilled and then tossed with about a 3:1 ratio of sweet baby rays and franks hot sauce.
  • jimi1234
    jimi1234 Posts: 101
    I second the sweet & spicy sticky wings at Necessary Indulgences. They are awesome.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

http://wolfepit.blogspot.com/2009/10/orange-marmalade-sriracha-wings.html

Really easy and darn tasty. This is a spicy+ sweet+ sticky recipe. 

I'll second what @Grambler said that a mix of your favorite BBQ sauce + hot or wing sauce makes a great wing

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    +1 on Cazzy's. It is very good
    Large, small, and a mini
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Also, Tyson is currently running their best wing on the planet contest and you can download all 10 recipes in a single PDF.  Let me go find a link.

Well, seems it is on their facebook page here:  https://facebook.clubtyson.com/assets/bwop_recipes.pdf

Some of them look pretty darn good.  I voted for DivaQ's wings in the contest.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • cmkratt
    cmkratt Posts: 54
    JerkChicken has posted his wings recipe several times. I've gotten rave reviews when I've made them following his recipe.

Not sure how well the link will work since I'm posting from an iPhone, but here goes.

BTW - I'm trying Kristi's sticky wings for the Super Bowl. Gotta try something new.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1136316/chicken-wing-recipes
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Cazzy and Kristi are so good, but if you are like me and lazy as hell: Butt Rub only works.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Mickey said:
    Cazzy and Kristi are so good, but if you are like me and lazy as hell: Butt Rub only works.
    @Mickey, you still planning to sell me your mini for $175?
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Chubbs said:

Mickey said:

Thought you said $165 and got $170 yesterday.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Mickey said:

Chubbs said:

Mickey said:

Thought you said $165 and got $170 yesterday.

Hook me Mickey. I would be a great foster parent.