Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wireless thermometer question

qprhooliganqprhooligan Posts: 119
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone make a wireless thermometer that I can set the alarm temp to any value I want, not just use preset vales? Say I want to set it to beep when the temp reaches 153 deg? All the ones I see you have to select either limited preset values or you choose a type of meat a doneness setting.
·

Comments

• DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Pretty sure the Maverick let's you do that.  I have one from Williams-Sonoma that you can set at any temperature to alarm.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,053
    edited September 2012
    My MaverickET-732 (about 2 months old) allows user control of:
    Low BBQ temp - alerts in case the temp falls below a user set minimum once that minimum has been reached. (range is 32F to 554F)
    Hi BBQ temp - alerts in case of temp exceeding a user set maximum. (range is 140F to 572F)
    Hi food temp - alerts when food reaches user set temp (range is 32F to 572F)
    The alert can be turned on or off.
    The unit keeps the last BBQ min/max, food max settings. 
    Beeps to alert, back light, two probes, easy to use - sounds like an info-mercial, but it does make it easy. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • My MaverickET-732 (about 2 months old) allows user control of:

Low BBQ temp - alerts in case the temp falls below a user set minimum once that minimum has been reached. (range is 32F to 554F)
    Hi BBQ temp - alerts in case of temp exceeding a user set maximum. (range is 140F to 572F)
    Beeps to alert, back light, two probes, easy to use - sounds like an info-mercial, but it does make it easy. 
    That's what i use. Stay away from the Williams-Sonoma/Brrokstone's of the world when buying BBQ thermo's. I have gone through many of them over the years and they are worthless. The maverick E-732 will work for what you need. Just don't get the probes wet.

·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    My MaverickET-732 (about 2 months old) allows user control of:
    That's what i use. Stay away from the Williams-Sonoma/Brrokstone's of the world when buying BBQ thermo's. I have gone through many of them over the years and they are worthless. The maverick E-732 will work for what you need. Just don't get the probes wet.
    CT-my unit from WS says Maverick on the back.  Had it for several years and it works great.  It is a single probe model.
    ·
  • Dugan- that's a good thing. The ones i got there were like the talking ones that only had temps like "medium" and "well done" and "chicken". They were a gift from the wife but they were useless.

·