Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wireless thermometer question

qprhooligan
qprhooligan Posts: 126
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone make a wireless thermometer that I can set the alarm temp to any value I want, not just use preset vales? Say I want to set it to beep when the temp reaches 153 deg? All the ones I see you have to select either limited preset values or you choose a type of meat a doneness setting.

Comments

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Pretty sure the Maverick let's you do that.  I have one from Williams-Sonoma that you can set at any temperature to alarm.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited September 2012
    My MaverickET-732 (about 2 months old) allows user control of:
    Low BBQ temp - alerts in case the temp falls below a user set minimum once that minimum has been reached. (range is 32F to 554F)
    Hi BBQ temp - alerts in case of temp exceeding a user set maximum. (range is 140F to 572F)
    Hi food temp - alerts when food reaches user set temp (range is 32F to 572F)
    The alert can be turned on or off.
    The unit keeps the last BBQ min/max, food max settings. 
    Beeps to alert, back light, two probes, easy to use - sounds like an info-mercial, but it does make it easy. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • My MaverickET-732 (about 2 months old) allows user control of:

Low BBQ temp - alerts in case the temp falls below a user set minimum once that minimum has been reached. (range is 32F to 554F)
    Hi BBQ temp - alerts in case of temp exceeding a user set maximum. (range is 140F to 572F)
    Beeps to alert, back light, two probes, easy to use - sounds like an info-mercial, but it does make it easy. 
    That's what i use. Stay away from the Williams-Sonoma/Brrokstone's of the world when buying BBQ thermo's. I have gone through many of them over the years and they are worthless. The maverick E-732 will work for what you need. Just don't get the probes wet.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    My MaverickET-732 (about 2 months old) allows user control of:
    That's what i use. Stay away from the Williams-Sonoma/Brrokstone's of the world when buying BBQ thermo's. I have gone through many of them over the years and they are worthless. The maverick E-732 will work for what you need. Just don't get the probes wet.
    CT-my unit from WS says Maverick on the back.  Had it for several years and it works great.  It is a single probe model.
  • Dugan- that's a good thing. The ones i got there were like the talking ones that only had temps like "medium" and "well done" and "chicken". They were a gift from the wife but they were useless.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX