Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ways your egg can kill you

Comments

• Dreggs
    Dreggs Posts: 147
    Fortunately it was only 650 degrees. Were you watching me?
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    ( my thoughts too, DO NOT tell him though....inflation comes easy to him)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Hardee har!
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Thanks for that Steve. LOL. Cheers to yall.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    P1010001-8.jpg

Nothing like having "friends" help you remember things you;d rather forget...lol!!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • figures you'd have a picture. ..so who's worse, you or me!!!. ...go ahead big boy. .. really show everyone something that will kill them!!
  • Chubby
    you don;t see my wallet anywhere in that pic do you?
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    N/M
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Lets see, after you open the egg and smoke comes barrelling out and your coughing and can't see hopefully you don't fall over your egg or worse cough on your food. :laugh: :laugh:

Patti

Wichita, KS
  • man, i forgot all about that...hmmm.. .wonder if i still have your credit cards around here someplace. ...maybe i'll take the wife out to dinner tomorrow night. ..
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Thanks for the story! Loved it.

I can only imagine what you handed in for your English Composition assignments.
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Tell me more, tell me more. How does it all end? :blink:

I love it. It brings Stumpbaby to a new artistic (not autistic) level.

Connie and I both loved it, we were laughing so hard.
  • Chubby
    While the rest of the Egg nation was pondering a weekend of debauchery in
    Waldorf...

"Some of us" were there on the scene...getting things accomplished ,and putting things right for Chris and Family!!

P1010004-6.jpg

I can only imagine how relieved he must'a been to see us roll in with our sleeves up!!

:whistle:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Max,

My dear friend, he was Stump Baby, LIU, Big Green Dave and tweev. Multiple personality disorder.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• damon and i do look official there don't we?!!! lets see ..."now chris, if you move that 2x4 over there, it should support the whole kitten-ka-boodle for you" ...thats constructions technical speak for you there evie, if you weren't sure. ...
  • Drive two hours home from an eggfest with your brand new demo egg still lit in the back of your car. If you're lucky, live to remember to make sure the bottom vent is shut next time.

Rob
  • Chubby
    This next shot illustrates that sequence nicely!

You had explained to Chris (as you said),that the "whole kitten-ka-boodle" would have to be moved, once supported by the aformentioned 2x4's!

8422fa61.jpg

The problem arose when upon closer inspection of the drawings Damon pointed out...(and yes I remember it well)

"Max...the the provided 2x4 bracing here is no where sufficient to support the Kit...much less the Ka Boodle!!

I think It was I at that point who mused aloud...

eae5ed7c.jpg

"Max...what's that cracking sound"?

Things sorta went white after that......
  • ROTFLMAO. .. .well you know chubs, chris is starting construction at the new dizzy pig world headquarters and brothel. ...probably a good time for the three of us to head on over and lend a helping hand again. .. he could probably use our attention to detail and access to our dementia!!
  • man I wish I could have seen that! Do you know of a you-tube link?
  • Nature Boy
    Actually, I don't mind at all. That was a challenging time, but we all came out stronger on the other side. And we got a purty cool house now ;)

I haven't seen those pictures in a while.

Well, 7 eggs are loaded up, and we're headed to Louisa VA to compete this weekend. Have a good one bros!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • shubydoobydo
    shubydoobydo Posts: 115
    Nature Boy

Good luck this weekend! Let us know how you do. Will you be having live updates anywhere so we can follow??
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    This was great. Thanks for the :laugh:!
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Just the other day I was thinking how much I miss stumpbaby's writings. I agree, Stike's was just as entertaining. Am thinking I might need to print it out.
  • :whistle: on a similar note...

attend an Eggfest Afterparty, where your weekend roomie takes her mini back to the room having "extinguished" the lump by placing a piece of HDAF over the top vent, loosly topped with the cap -- and since the new band didn't align very well, despite some excellent helpers, the smoldering lump produced some, uh-hem, off gassing that sets off your asthma :sick: ...after an hour or so, Prince Charming comes to your rescue and takes the Mini outside, dumps the lump, and returns with a cooled down, empty MINI BGE

that was my only near death experience....so far B)
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    WOW...y'all had troll accounts way back then?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    dmchicago said:
    WOW...y'all had troll accounts way back then?
    If a troll account is an account where you pretend you are someone other than yourself, then no.  At least not in this case.

no trolls in that thread

StumpBaby is real, and just humorous.

the guy posting as HumphreyChimpdenEarwicker was known to the others at the time.