Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Porky Pig part 4

rzrrob
rzrrob Posts: 162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First of all i would like to thank all for the advice on this cook.. Also a special thanks to Richard for coming over to help with my 4th of july party and pig cook.

The cook was a huge success, Porky cooked for about 14 hours at 225 with VERY LITTLE GREASE in the pan under the V-rack.

The Digi Q was my first use and I had a few problems with it shooting up to 250 put then it would come right back down but for the most part made this cook very easy. I would say i just need some time to get a feel for the seting on the damper.

once we pulled the we let it sit for about 30 min had a few photo ops and then opened it up the pork fell right off the bones and was super most and flavorfull. to recap i used apl chips and a light dry rub ( I would not change one thing for the next one!!

well enought with the typing and I will let the pics speak for them selfs enjoy and I hope every had a great 4th of July

4thofJuly009.jpg
4thofJuly008.jpg
4thofJuly003.jpg
4thofJuly022.jpg
4thofJuly021.jpg
4thofJuly012.jpg
4thofJuly021.jpg
4thofJuly014.jpg
4thofJuly021.jpg
4thofJuly137.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed the last few days of this post and i will be adding some addtional pics and so will Richard

Comments