Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

my mid-week wings got wung!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,920
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Being retired I like to egg whenever I feel like it. Yesterday I got a hankering for Georgia Red Wings so it was off to Sams for a 7 pound package. When all cut up that produced 52 drumettes and flats which I then marinated in the sauce concoction for 24 hours before going on the grill today. For the first batch I laid a heavy cherry wood smoke on them.
IMG_2541.jpg
They got a little more dark and crispy than I wanted but were still good enough that I sat right down and ate 16 of them for lunch! :laugh:

Then the other batch went on and these came out beautifully...of course I had to eat two from that batch! Call me one full retiree, but I left room for pizza for tonight!
IMG_2546.jpg

BTW here's the Georgia Red Wing recipe. I do it a little differently in that I use my plate setter inverted and then go with a 400° dome temperature and find no need to flip nor peek for 40 minutes. I also use Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom to kick the taste a tad hotter.
http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=55&func=view&catid=1&id=184171

Comments