Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Local Pizza price point poll

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,292
    Legume said:
    lol, sell by date

supermarket pizza has entered the chat

its actually pretty good fresh out of the oven which these were. much better than the new england greasy greek pizza thats more common around here. pretty sure most of the country has not seen ne greasy greek style pizza, the grease is poring thru the bottom of the box as you walk out the door of a greek style place =) the large steak and cheese bomb sub made to order is 5.99 and is better than most places, pick a number like at the deli ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,098
    ColbyLang said:
    $26 avg price for a 14” pie with a plethora of toppings. Local shops. Dominoes still $10 for a lg. my kids love that crap lol
    I will definitely eat some dominoes pepperoni if served to me.  I won't buy it.
    Not a felon
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,855
    19 inch large 3 toppings. veggie and a garlic sliced tomato with crumbled feta

Ugh, green mold.
    NOLA
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    About $24 for craft Large in my area in Houston.   $30 for XL which I am sometimes forced to order depending on how many friends the kiddo has over.   We don’t do the national chains pizza places, strictly local.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,837
    From the local Mellow Mushroom 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,786
    From the local Mellow Mushroom 

That chain didn’t make it 12 months here in Louisiana. Decent pies, just folded
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,279
    I know this is a radical concept, but my understanding is that pizza prices are basically set by what the local market will bear.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    I know this is a radical concept, but my understanding is that pizza prices are basically set by what the local market will bear.  
    100% accurate. In the restaurant world, pizza is far and away the cheapest food costs with the highest profit margin 
  • DoubleEgger
    ColbyLang said:
    100% accurate. In the restaurant world, pizza is far and away the cheapest food costs with the highest profit margin 
    I’d love to own about 50 Dominos 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    The guy that owns 6 Papa Johns here has a Lambo and a Ferrari
  • DoubleEgger
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Some of the richest on the lake here are franchisees. I heard several of them own over 200 locations each. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,598
    Great Pizza place $18-$24
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    This feels like just the sort of Faustian bargain that would tempt me…
  • Legume
    After knowing a few people that got into franchises, I would say if you're going to do it, you want to have a plan to own multiple and run none of them.  I've seen people work themselves to death running them day to day and they never got anywhere close to owning a second.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    After knowing a few people that got into franchises, I would say if you're going to do it, you want to have a plan to own multiple and run none of them.  I've seen people work themselves to death running them day to day and they never got anywhere close to owning a second.
    You mean you want to be the “Big Boss” ?
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    You mean you want to be the “Big GUY” ?
    that seems more appropriate

fukahwee maine

• Legume
    So much weirdness.
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    So much weirdness.

i see you got the memo =)
    fukahwee maine

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,357
    I do hope you’re getting a chance to do some fun things while you’re out there, beyond discovering the price of pizza in Tacoma!  =)
    As you would expect, plus a cruise up the Oregon coast.  We took mom to her childhood home and as luck would have it the tenants were moving out so they let us walk through. That was cool.
    Nice!  I hope you see some sun? The Oregon coast is really pretty spectacular, regardless.
    Couldn’t agree more, but that can be said for the PNW in general. I was born in Southern Oregon and grew up midway between Seattle and Tacoma, my grandparents remained in Medford. I didn’t get back home much after joining the military, so when I did it was always a shock to see how much Mt Rainier dominated the landscape. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • DoubleEgger
    CTMike said:
    I do hope you’re getting a chance to do some fun things while you’re out there, beyond discovering the price of pizza in Tacoma!  =)
    As you would expect, plus a cruise up the Oregon coast.  We took mom to her childhood home and as luck would have it the tenants were moving out so they let us walk through. That was cool.
    Nice!  I hope you see some sun? The Oregon coast is really pretty spectacular, regardless.
    Couldn’t agree more, but that can be said for the PNW in general. I was born in Southern Oregon and grew up midway between Seattle and Tacoma, my grandparents remained in Medford. I didn’t get back home much after joining the military, so when I did it was always a shock to see how much Mt Rainier dominated the landscape. 

My wife and I did the Skyline Hike at Paradise two weeks ago today. Great hike in stunning surroundings. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,115
    CTMike said:

I went to a fantastic Reliability class at the University of Seattle, two weeks (end of August/early Sept), was told this is the only time to visit Seattle, it was beautiful!  Really fell in love with the place, but back in the mid-Nineties I couldn't afford to live there, even as an Air Force Captain.  
    Spent a one-week vacation up there too, same time of year, shot a lot of film at Mt. Rainier and Olympic Nat'l Park; very close to Seattle but frustrating as hell to drive to (effin' travel trailers that refuse to pull over and let people by).  
    It's only an 8-hour drive from where I live now, I need to get back up there again.... hmm, and end of August is fast-approaching.    

Oh, and being able to photograph the sea life, when the tide went out, was a great new experience too!  

I was standing directly over this tide pool, shooting straight down, with my 105 Macro Nikkor, on film.  

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• CodyA88
    CodyA88 Posts: 152
    North Fulton, Ga... local place is

18" pepperoni (L) - $25
    18" meat lover (L)- $30
    18'' supreme (L)- $32

they also do a rewards program. $5 off next order for every $50 spent, $10 per $100, etc...

LBGE, 28" Blackstone
    Georgia
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    So much weirdness.

Hey, if the shoe fits!
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    So much weirdness.

Hey, if the shoe fits!
    I kinda like the weird memo. Could be used in a bar as a pickup line....the left must be in love with Vance and trump😆
    fukahwee maine

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,357
    Botch said:
    CTMike said:

I went to a fantastic Reliability class at the University of Seattle, two weeks (end of August/early Sept), was told this is the only time to visit Seattle, it was beautiful!  Really fell in love with the place, but back in the mid-Nineties I couldn't afford to live there, even as an Air Force Captain.  
    Spent a one-week vacation up there too, same time of year, shot a lot of film at Mt. Rainier and Olympic Nat'l Park; very close to Seattle but frustrating as hell to drive to (effin' travel trailers that refuse to pull over and let people by).  
    It's only an 8-hour drive from where I live now, I need to get back up there again.... hmm, and end of August is fast-approaching.    

Oh, and being able to photograph the sea life, when the tide went out, was a great new experience too!  

I was standing directly over this tide pool, shooting straight down, with my 105 Macro Nikkor, on film.  
    Very cool photo, and I agree about the best time of year to visit. A couple decades ago while out that way I saw a t-shirt that said “Seattlites don’t tan, they rust.”
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited August 1
    Legume said:
    So much weirdness.

Hey, if the shoe fits!
    I kinda like the weird memo. Could be used in a bar as a pickup line....
    Why not try something different at this point in your life?  What have you got to lose?!?!?

=)
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    Late to the party and it seems like this thread went off the rails. Recently, I found a hole in a wall pizza shop that is the only place willing to deliver to my house. 16” 2-3 topping solid pie delivered for ~$20 depending on how you tip. 

The rest of the places close are all chains and won’t deliver to my address. Much more expensive too. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,998
    Being Friday night and usually every opinion is tolerated until blown out of the water...but haven't any of you tried COSTCO pizza? A huge slice for $1.99 is all I can eat. Same way with Sam's. Granted there is no old Italian guy with a sweat stained tee shirt and filthy apron standing behind the counter, but it sure beats a lot of crappy pizzas I have tolerated one time. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,123
    This confirms my suspicions that pizza in Washington state is the most expensive in the county. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,656
    RRP said:
    Being Friday night and usually every opinion is tolerated until blown out of the water...but haven't any of you tried COSTCO pizza? A huge slice for $1.99 is all I can eat. Same way with Sam's. Granted there is no old Italian guy with a sweat stained tee shirt and filthy apron standing behind the counter, but it sure beats a lot of crappy pizzas I have tolerated one time. 
    We'll grab a couple of their pizzas if we are there... Easy dinner.  I will not go there for the sole purpose of getting pizza. It's too much of an event with traffic and parking and people... my word, the people. Are you saying today is Friday?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI