Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP! - Cooking for 3hrs at an Ace Hardware, need ideas

Options

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,356
    Options
    Frozen cookie dough works well too if you wanted to do cookies. You’ll want an air gap between the stones. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrillinSailor
    Options
    I have a friend who manages an Ace Hardware, she is short staffed this weekend and asked if I could cook this weekend on a Green Egg and a Traeger.  I said sure, and now that leads to my question,

What should I cook?  I have two goals 1. Feed the Staff; 2. Samples for customers

They like to do some unique and fun things, to showcase the Egg and that it isn't all about smoking meat.  What do you guys do as a go-to for fun samples that are easy to cook and eat for people?  I am stepping way out of my comfort zone hear, but pretty excited.
    Thin sliced pork tenderloin on slider rolls
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Shrimp and rum marinated pineapple chunck kabobs 
    Or shrimp and andouille sausage kabobs 

You can make them ahead an transport in cooler. 

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,591
    Options
    Looking forward to all the pics!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    put a watermelon in one of your coolers. It tastes so daamn good at the end of the day!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    I have a friend who manages an Ace Hardware, she is short staffed this weekend and asked if I could cook this weekend on a Green Egg and a Traeger.  I said sure, and now that leads to my question,

What should I cook?  I have two goals 1. Feed the Staff; 2. Samples for customers

They like to do some unique and fun things, to showcase the Egg and that it isn't all about smoking meat.  What do you guys do as a go-to for fun samples that are easy to cook and eat for people?  I am stepping way out of my comfort zone hear, but pretty excited.
     @YukonRon used to make a killer sriracha bleu cheese sauce for his prime rib sliders. It was delicious enough to drink.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:

@YukonRon used to make a killer sriracha bleu cheese sauce for his prime rib sliders. It was delicious enough to drink.
    Not unlike his bourbon slushies. 😉
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,783
    Options
    Looking forward to all the pics!!
    I Concur 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,177
    edited March 23
    Options
    picked up some shoulders from Costco and they threw me for a loop, they have the bone removed already so they are floppy.  Decided to keep’em packed a bit tight and will do them in some trays.  Going to put them on the smoker tonight, then FTC them till time to pull for Sammy’s  tomorrow.

Got the corn all cut up and ready for cooking tomorrow.  Going to start kthe dates soon.

Also got a few boxes of brownie mix.

Made some TostiElote as a snack to keep my head in the game
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,568
    Options
    probably too late, you can try butcher twine to keep the shoulders tight. get some rest if you can, have fun tomorrow!
    canuckland
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    The folks who show up are in for a treat. Have fun!!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,473
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac - way to step up and help your friend in a big way.  Your menu sounds great.  You will be the star of the show, never mind teaching some folks the versatility of the BGE (and Traeger..).  
    Above all, don't sweat the small stuff and have fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Awesome @Ozzie_Isaac !! FWIW, I do a lbit of boneless,   They really take about the same time as bone in plus you get more seasoning, ( done both tied and untied, I found no reason to tie ) another boneless hack is to butterfly them all the way open, more barky goodness 

looking forward to the rest of this adventure 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options

Awesome 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • MasterC
    Options
    Nice digs
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • lkapigian
    Options

Awesome 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    Options
    Giddy up!! I already love how this is turning out. 

Sounds like the store/sponsor is very supportive. Good on them. After today, they will want you back.

• MasterC
    Options
    Sounds like you had a good time.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,671
    Options
    Awesome work Ozzie

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,356
    Options
    Nice work @Ozzie_Isaac
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,509
    Options
    Very cool Ozzie!   B)  

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,096
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Thanks for sharing the adventure, sounds like a success for everyone.  Nice exercise of your skill sets in action.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Sounds like a roaring success 👏👏
  • lkapigian
    Options