Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE HQ is hiring...

Options
The new boss is going to triple their investment in innovation and is looking for someone to be their leader of the Product Development team.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dangertsacov_three-months-into-my-new-role-at-big-green-activity-7131714975043129344-9EcV?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

Looking forward to whatever they end up creating/modifying/enhancing.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,457
    Options
    Must be able to rip off already existing add ons and call them eggscessories?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,041
    edited November 2023
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Must be able to rip off already existing add ons and call them eggscessories?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Holy smokes!  .... Edit: sorry, cannot move to Atlanta.

Also, my math is rusty, what do you get when you triple $10?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,043
    Options
    I don't get it. Triple their investment in innovation? What else is their to innovate? How about revamping your business between dealers, headquarters, and the consumer. Those three are hardly ever on the same page when it comes to warranty work. I'd start within BGE and focus on the very basics of what customers want. Not some new BGE salt and pepper shaker set. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You know I’m starting to wonder if BGE is actually a smartly run business…
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I hope they see this as constrictive criticism.  We are such a mean ornery bunch of BGE fanatics.

(Dealers need training on warranty.  3 of 4 local dealers had no idea that BGE even had a warranty, the definitely couldn't help me with a claim.  Luckily I found one.)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I hope they see this as constrictive criticism.  
    Well they’d have to read the thread, so…
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,098
    Options
    "triple our investment in innovation of our core product, accessories and charcoal."
    I am really curious about these innovations in charcoal.  Just what have folks like @stlcharcoal been missing all these years?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    "triple our investment in innovation of our core product, accessories and charcoal."
    I am really curious about these innovations in charcoal.  Just what have folks like @stlcharcoal been missing all these years?

Hear me out...

Extruded coconut shells...
    NOLA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    dbCooper said:

Hear me out...

I see your extruded coconut shells and raise you self-lighting charcoal...in a bag you just light.
  • Legume
    Options
    Toughest part of the job is coming up with all the clever names.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    For charcoal innovation, how about a bag that opens without making me curse?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    Hard to believe nobody’s come up with “Schwetty Balls Lump” 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:
    buzd504 said:
    dbCooper said:

Hear me out...

I see your extruded coconut shells and raise you self-lighting charcoal...in a bag you just light.
    Hollow extruded tubes.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,483
    Options
    Some excellent comments above along with the expected shots.  That said, as many here know, there is no such thing as standing still and your business expanding.  The challenge with educating your face to the customer, aka dealers is that they are carrying your product along with many others.  So, you have to make it attractive for them to put you at the forefront.  That can be a hard sell. 
    @WeberWho is on it.  Get some level of alignment in play from the company thru the dealer and customer. 
    BTW-toss in a plug for this forum!  You can learn any and everything you may have a question about regarding your BGE right here.
    But there are some serious rabbit holes lurking...Buyer beware. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I used to hang out at a friends Ace Hardware.  I sold more Eggs just chatting with customers than his sales people did.  I also educated his sales people on the eggs, pros/cons, warranty, etc.  I loved it.  Too bad it didn't pay anything.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I used to hang out at a friends Ace Hardware.  I sold more Eggs just chatting with customers than his sales people did.  I also educated his sales people on the eggs, pros/cons, warranty, etc.  I loved it.  Too bad it didn't pay anything.
    Wasted talent!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,367
    Options
    Legume said:
    Hard to believe nobody’s come up with “Schwetty Balls Lump” 
    Tis the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPpcfH_HHH8
    Jacksonville FL
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    So we all are applying? 😆 
  • Legume
    Options
    Legume said:
    buzd504 said:
    dbCooper said:

Hear me out...

Hollow extruded tubes.
    Good point.  They do burn much better than the non-hollow tubes, that was bad innovation.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,513
    Options
    "Non-hollow Tubes" WBAGNFARB, along with being a great oxymoron.  

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    So we all are applying? 😆 

I've applied under my god-given name as well as my EggHandle here.  It's a long EggShot, but stranger things have happened!  

Of course, both have also referred the other, so there is a chance I will end up with the job and the EggGive-Away!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I applied from my Kamado Joe work email.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    "Non-hollow Tubes" WBAGNFARB, along with being a great oxymoron.  
    This forum makes me happy.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2023
    Options
    It would be great if all of us applied. They would have to hire a part-time associate for 2 days just to go through all the applications.  

They should honestly buy out the ceramic grill store.  Retain the brain trust there for innovation.  The brains are there.  The money might be there.  (In Ed Fisherville).
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,732
    Options
    Legume said:
    :rofl:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I applied from my Kamado Joe work email.
    Any replies so far?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,990
    Options
    You know I’m starting to wonder if BGE is actually a smartly run business…
    Well when you think about an innovative process to build these things, I think it not too difficult getting a something superior than the current model of a couple dudes using a certain mud, poured in to molds after being mixed by the stomping on by donkeys, really should not be a major cost to behold. 

Tripling their investment in innovation to that process could not be much more than a couple hundred bucks, or far less, to do so. 

Not really enticing to me. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Jimbo Fisher and Zach Arnett are out of jobs.   Anyone know if they’ve applied yet?
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas