Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Message from our new President

Options
Fellow EGGhead, I wanted to pass along this message from our new President, Dan Gertsacov. 

"Hey, Big Green Egg enthusiasts! I'm Dan Gertsacov, the new President of Big Green Egg and a proud EGG owner for over a decade. My mom used to say that we have one mouth and two ears for a reason. So rather than talk about my plans for the brand, I want to listen to you.

How? Please take 5 minutes to fill out this brief survey and share with me what you like, dislike or would change - if anything - about Big Green Egg and our products. What would you do if you were in my shoes as the new President of Big Green Egg? We will raffle off an XL Big Green Egg Package to one lucky respondee, as a thank you for participating. Deadline to respond is Friday, October 20th, 2023 at Midnight ET. One submission per household, details in link below.

https://youtu.be/MN1q7Ag1tiU

Thank you for being part of our community and contributing to the legacy of this iconic brand!"

Coming to you from the Mothership!

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,901
    edited October 2023
    Options
    WHOA...so does that mean you bought the company from Ed Fisher, or what's his name got the boot and now you are running the operation for Ed?

OOOPs - and welcome aboard, Dan!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 374
    Options
    I took your survey. There's no reason at all for asking the month and year of our birth date. At most, asking for our age in a band (e.g., 45-55, 55-up) would have sufficed.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    This is grate!  
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Love it. Done. Congrats to the new president!  
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,087
    Options
    The Listening Tour Survey page has a link to the package that will be awarded, it shows a acadia table is included.  The official rules state a intEGGrated Nest will be awarded.
    Does the winner get to chose if they want the nest or the table?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    RRP said:
    WHOA...so does that mean you bought the company from Ed Fisher, or what's his name got the boot and now you are running the operation for Ed?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/big-green-egg-appoints-president-180000564.html#:~:text=ATLANTA, GA / ACCESSWIRE / August,directly to Ardy Arani, CEO.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,415
    Options
    What the he!!.  Free shot to offer suggestions-I'm in.  Can't b-tch if you don't vote.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Done. How many of you checked the non-binary box?
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Dan: Welcome to the BGE family. What is your favourite pocket knife for Big Green EEG cooks?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Corv said:
    I took your survey. There's no reason at all for asking the month and year of our birth date. At most, asking for our age in a band (e.g., 45-55, 55-up) would have sufficed.
     I will apparently be born on 9/9/9999 :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    Some changes are needed. This could be great 
  • RRP
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    RRP said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/big-green-egg-appoints-president-180000564.html#:~:text=ATLANTA, GA / ACCESSWIRE / August,directly to Ardy Arani, CEO.

Thanks! Looks like Dan is one high caliber new addition to eggdom!!!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    More green products!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    I don't do surveys but just one question/suggestion.  All those email addresses that bge collects, are they tossed in a round file.  In twenty something years on this forum I've seen nothing done with them. Some places use those for marketing new product.....not like eggers are not buying things offered here....well maybe bge should offer things to all those past buyers.  You know, the little things like accessories, new size eggs etc ..
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Just did a little research and honestly...I am pretty impressed! Here is one that I can relate to - though I certainly do not have Dan's educational credentials much less prior job history! Here is a recent read...

Searching for ‘Ikigai’

Dan Gertsacov, former chief commercial officer for Focus Brands

Years on the job: 1

Despite getting a promotion during the pandemic Dan Gertsacov decided to resign He now has a holistic view of what he is looking for in a job
    Despite getting a promotion during the pandemic, Dan Gertsacov decided to resign. He now has a holistic view of what he is looking for in a job.Credit...Audra Melton for The New York Times
    Despite getting a promotion during the pandemic Dan Gertsacov decided to resign He now has a holistic view of what he is looking for in a job
    Mr Gertsacov made guacamole with his daughters Nina and Hana He knows hersquoll need to get a new job to continue saving for their college but for now hersquos enjoying the extra quality time
    Mr. Gertsacov made guacamole with his daughters Nina and Hana. He knows he’ll need to get a new job to continue saving for their college, but for now he’s enjoying the extra quality time.Credit...Audra Melton for The New York Times
    Mr Gertsacov made guacamole with his daughters Nina and Hana He knows hersquoll need to get a new job to continue saving for their college but for now hersquos enjoying the extra quality time

When the pandemic hit, Dan Gertsacov was chief marketing officer for Focus Brands, the Atlanta-based restaurant group behind Cinnabon, Jamba and Moe’s Southwest Grill.

“On one day of March 2020, our business couldn’t support the team that we had,” he said. “I had to let go of 40 people in one day. I decided to make all of these calls myself.”

Mr. Gertsacov hung on for almost another two years, getting promoted to chief commercial officer. He took advantage of his company’s remote work policies and hit the road, spending time with his family in California and New England last summer.

But by the end of 2021, he was burned out. He walked away, with plans to explore some entrepreneurial ideas and spend more time with his family.

Mr. Gertsacov said he would have to keep earning money, and he is already doing some consulting work. “I’m not a dot-com millionaire where I can no longer work,” said Mr. Gertsacov, who has two adolescent children. “We’re saving for college.”

Yet if and when he returns to an office full time, Mr. Gertsacov won’t be taking just any old job. As he looks ahead to what comes next, Mr. Gertsacov said he was embracing the Japanese concept of “Ikigai,” which is loosely defined as one’s reason for being, or the sweet spot where what you love, what you’re good at, what you can get paid for and what the world needs all overlap.

Even that, however, will have to wait. Mr. Gertsacov is planning on spending 10 weeks in Spain this summer. “I’m not ready to jump back in,” he said.

ONCE again, Dan...WELCOME to Eggdom!!!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,139
    Options
    RRP said:
    Just did a little research and honestly....

Yet if and when he returns to an office full time, Mr. Gertsacov won’t be taking just any old job. As he looks ahead to what comes next, Mr. Gertsacov said he was embracing the Japanese concept of “Ikigai,” which is loosely defined as one’s reason for being, or the sweet spot where what you love, what you’re good at, what you can get paid for and what the world needs all overlap.

Are we sure this isn't Larry?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:

I would laugh or argue, but I'm just going to scratch my head...so who is this Larry???
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,139
    edited October 2023
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:

I would laugh or argue, but I'm just going to scratch my head...so who is this Larry???
    @Ikapigian
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,771
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:

@Ikapigian
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • RRP
    Options
    I think I submitted a response - was there supposed to be any acknowledgment that it went thru? if not, then why not?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,415
    Options
    @RRP -they are just in the business of collecting your personal info.  Do not look for a return serve. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    edited October 2023
    Options
    OH BOY...shouldn't this new "head honcho's" post have been locked at the top??? Or is this just an example letting him see what is going on around this fourm?

Smiley face and all that...before I too get the boot!
  • cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 154
    Options
    I have to say that I was super impressed by Dan. We had a chance to chat a couple times over Eggtoberfest weekend and he struck me as a humble and very passionate leader who is very open to feedback and to help make BGE the best brand out there. I’m excited to see where the future leads us. 

Extra credit for anyone who can tell me who the elder gentleman is in the second pic and his tie in to BGE…

Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • RRP
    Options
    I could be wrong but I believe that is Rodney aka here as Mr Toad.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,309
    Options
    Yes it would be best if he spent a couple of hour a week on the site. He might hear about: cheap gaskets, lower egg halves that constantly crack, difficulty in getting replacement parts etc. Problems with the forum are a separate problem and probably beyond solution.