Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I honestly don’t know where to post this.

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Do we not expose kids to books like Fahrenheit 451, Animal Farm and other dystopian cautionary tales?  I had to read all those and more in school.
    Options
    And even more re the above...

I agree with Matt:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ThermanMurch
    Options
    I don't remember any books getting banned under Trump.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,086
    Options
    Do you remember Betsy DeVos?  I recall her working to ban public education, books and all.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Probably because he doesn’t read.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,540
    Options
    ^^^ paywalled, was able to bypass by hitting Esc key as soon as the page opened. What a story!
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,411
    Options
    ^^^ paywalled, was able to bypass by hitting Esc key as soon as the page opened. What a story!

Worked for me.  Thanks for the tip.  Curious how you discovered that move. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Worked for me.  Thanks for the tip.  Curious how you discovered that move. 
    A while back I googled for ways to bypass paywall, two that works for me sometimes (hit and miss) are Esc key and 12ft ladder.
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Selecting reader view also works on some sites.  Sometimes you need to hit it before the page finishes loading.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    ^^^^ That is rich beyond words.  What next? =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    Loomer is one of the craziest of The Crazies™
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Loomer is one of the craziest of The Crazies™
    I knew she was nuts with the guns and everything, but that post is… just wow.  These people are so far out in right field you wonder what planet they’re on.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    I noticed where MTG and Lauren Boebert did not vote to toss him.  Strange happenings with the unhinged R's these days. 
  • HeavyG
    edited October 2023
    Options
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options

This photo would be funnier if the sign in the background was just a bit more in focus...

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,086
    Options
    I've read this is the first speaker removed from the position.  Regardless of circumstances, it's another sad day for the American system for me.  Just can't get a handle for the end goal that explains why the many "firsts" that are happening, are happening.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I've been a member of a semi-private Audio forum for maybe 20 years now, that had a "Politics" subforum but, due to two or three extremely arrogant, loud, and misinformed members, was diminished to about ten members, and then the Politics subforum was cancelled.  
    BUT, the owner kept letting a single Covid denier post page after page after page after page of misinformed CRAP, which brought traffic to about 3 posts/week; he finally got the hint and left (I hope).
    I had to post the above quote, but correcting the spelling of "Bass" of course (I can be an assh*le like that).  Doubt that anyone will even notice, might get me banned, but that forum is essentially dead already.  Sad, as I've made two trips to Maryland, one to Virginia, Texas, and Florida, and here in Utah, to meet with these folks, a lot of good friendships built up over the years.  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• HeavyG
    Options
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:
    I've been a member of a semi-private Audio forum for maybe 20 years now, that had a "Politics" subforum but, due to two or three extremely arrogant, loud, and misinformed members, was diminished to about ten members, and then the Politics subforum was cancelled.  
    BUT, the owner kept letting a single Covid denier post page after page after page after page of misinformed CRAP, which brought traffic to about 3 posts/week; he finally got the hint and left (I hope).
    I had to post the above quote, but correcting the spelling of "Bass" of course (I can be an assh*le like that).  Doubt that anyone will even notice, might get me banned, but that forum is essentially dead already.  Sad, as I've made two trips to Maryland, one to Virginia, Texas, and Florida, and here in Utah, to meet with these folks, a lot of good friendships built up over the years.  
    The spelling of "base" in that tweet was correct. It was a pun. It'll come to you in a moment. :)

• Canugghead
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:
    The spelling of "base" in that tweet was correct. It was a pun. It'll come to you in a moment. :)

What about the treble? 
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

Seriously?  I "corrected" that spelling because of the forum I was in, trying to skid under the radar.  Uff-dah.  

• HeavyG
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

What about the treble? 
    Crank it up to eleven.

• HeavyG
    Options
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

Seriously?  I "corrected" that spelling because of the forum I was in, trying to skid under the radar.  Uff-dah.  
    Ahhh...took a moment for me to get it. :)

• nolaegghead
    Options
    That’s like me saying “and all that was left were tweeters” in the music forum but changing to “twitters” in the political….

I had no doubts Bosh knew the pun