Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    "The largest rally ever held. Period!" Sean said.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,511
    edited July 2023
    Where the contributions are going:
    Widely reported today- (article linked)

Trump PAC has spent more than $40 million on legal costs this year for himself, others

Edit to add the following:

"Now, the setup is of interest to prosecutors: “While interviewing potential witnesses associated with Trump, prosecutors have raised pointed questions about who is paying for their lawyers and why, people familiar with the questions said. Trump advisers told The Washington Post that the PAC, which raises most of its money from small-dollar contributions by Trump supporters across the country, is footing the legal bills for almost anyone drawn into the investigations who requests help from the former president and his advisers.”

Prosecutors have “obtained emails in which some of Trump’s aides discuss whether lawyers should be paid, as well as a spreadsheet that Trump’s lawyers kept in the post-presidency of who had been subpoenaed.”

Trump advisers say “no demands” have been made that witnesses have to toe the Trump line in order to get their legal bills paid."

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,006
    GOP voters in the 2016 general: well it was him or Hillary!
    GOP voters in the 2020 general: well it was him or Biden!
    GOP voters approaching the 2024 primaries: no excuse
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,197
    GOP voters in the 2016 general: well it was him or Hillary!
    GOP voters in the 2020 general: well it was him or Biden!
    GOP voters approaching the 2024 primaries: no excuse

we still have the fbi, cia, and the secret police ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    More on the biggest loser and how CHEETO  is that guy (hello!) and there’s everyone else. At the moment, the former president of the United States appears unbeatable in the 2024 Republican primary race. But perhaps inevitable is a trickier word than it seems.

• lousubcap
    Read a couple of clips related to CHEETO's cash flow and burn rate being sucked up in legal bills.  The numbers are consistent with the $4M mentioned above and the burn is exceeding the in flow.  
    Time for more NFT's... B)
  • lousubcap
    Here's what Chris Christie had to say about CHEETO and his $$ grab:
    "He also took aim at Donald Trump, calling him out for his grift and using campaign donations to pay for his mounting legal fees. Governor Christie had some advice for Trump: don’t swindle hardworking Americans - sell Trump Tower to pay your personal expenses."

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,031
    Legume said:
    He's up to 42 charges now, 3 more and those "45" hats will be spot on.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    From John Dean of Watergate fame regarding Nixon and CHEETO:
    "John Dean, the White House counsel whose Senate testimony helped doom Nixon during Watergate, also considers prosecution of Trump to be “essential,” he told me. President Gerald Ford’s decision to pardon Nixon and preempt a trial, Dean said, was “a historical disaster,” because it emboldened presidents to believe they would never face criminal charges for their actions. Allowing Trump to avoid consequences, Dean believes, would send an even more dangerous signal than Ford did with Nixon. “Trump’s corruption is so much more fundamental to the system than Nixon’s,” Dean said. “Nixon, he abused power, he had his enemies list, he wanted to make government work for the benefit of Republicans and not Democrats. But he wasn’t going after the foundations of government and the system like Trump.”"
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint and more are coming around to that notion. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• HeavyG
    They still keep sending him money to pay his legal fees.
    A real billionaire wouldn't need to beg for other peoples money. A grifter sure would tho.

• lousubcap
    Some writing heads observations regarding CHEETO and 2024.
    Makes one cringe
    From Fareed Zakaria-Today China’s economy isn’t in great shape, Fareed writes, but America’s has surged: The US is performing well in terms of growth, inflation, and employment.

“The problem for America does not arise from its economic fundamentals, which remain very strong,” Fareed writes. “It is that there is a second shock that the country has been reeling from—the Trump shock. The United States has seen the rise of a populist demagogue who threatens to destroy any and all American institutions that stand in his way. And he has a following like none I have ever seen, and it is devoted to him no matter what he does or says. … (I)f he gets the party’s nomination, which seems highly likely, it could lead to much greater turmoil than we saw in the last election. America has dealt with the China shock but so far it has no answer to the Trump shock.”

And more from Fareed's feed-
    "Reactions to former US President Donald Trump’s latest indictment—over his efforts to remain in power after losing the 2020 election—have ranged widely. 

As CNN’s Oliver Darcy writes, disturbingly harsh language doubting the Department of Justice’s impartiality has been “normalized on mainstream conservative platforms such as Fox News.” The conservative Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan saysit’s best to get to the bottom of Trump’s behavior in a trial.  

Harvard Law professor and Bloomberg columnist Noah Feldman predicts “these charges will hold,” if Trump indeed stands trial—an election win in 2024 could save him from that—and that a conviction “would represent a crucial step in reestablishing a legitimate democracy.” At The Atlantic, Ronald Brownstein says it wouldn’t matter: “The germ of election denialism that Trump injected into the American political system has spread so far throughout the Republican Party that it is virtually certain to survive whatever legal accountability the former president faces.” 

Looming over this discussion, however, is something conservative commentator Rich Lowry points out in Politico Magazine: Despite multiple criminal indictments, Trump—the GOP’s 2024 presidential-primary frontrunner, who polls competitively against President Joe Biden—can win the presidency again, the next time America votes.

“There is no doubt that Trump is the riskiest electoral choice for Republicans and the odds may be against him in a rematch with Biden,” Lowry writes. “But the ‘can’t’ in the common formulation, ‘Trump can’t win,’ is a strong word. If nothing else, once you’ve won a major party nomination, you’ve got some significant chance of winning, just by dint of being one of two people in the country who could plausibly be president at that point. A nominee is the almost-automatic inheritor of a solid electoral block constituting roughly half the country, or about 45 percent of the popular vote and 200 electoral votes.”"

As @Botch noted above.  The Trumpsters won't admit to being taken by the grifter.
    Gonna be a he!! of a ride.  If only more R's had voted to impeach then CHEETO wouldn't be eligible for federal office.  Reap what you sow!  F' me.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011
    edited August 2023
    And the Hits keep Coming!  

https://youtu.be/7rzQzj6zVJc

:rofl:  

EDIT:  Oh, and the Finest Lawyers; ONLY The Finest Lawyers!

https://youtu.be/Ygy49s8YavI

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• lousubcap
    And now this:

"TRUMP’S NEW HEADACHE — When former President DONALDTRUMP was arraigned on Jan. 6-related charges Thursday, he swore in front of a federal magistrate that he wouldn’t try to intimidate or influence witnesses or obstruct justice in any way.

Yesterday, on his social media site Truth Social, Trump wrote: “IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!”

The political and legal worlds immediately began speculatingwhether that rose to the level of obstructing justice. Among those paying attention: special counsel JACK SMITH, whose team wrote in a late-night court filing that the post “either specifically or by implication” was referencing those connected to his latest criminal case.

Notably, Smith’s team is not asking for a gag order — which could bar Trump from speaking in any way about the pending case. Instead, as our colleagues Kyle Cheney and Josh Gerstein write, prosecutors MOLLY GASTON and THOMAS WINDOM are seeking a more limited protective order that would “keep any evidence prosecutors turn over to his defense team from public view.” (Trump is currently under a similar order in the hush-money case underway in New York.)

“All the proposed order seeks to prevent is the improper dissemination or use of discovery materials, including to the public,” Gaston and Windom wrote in their filing. “Such a restriction is particularly important in this case because the defendant has previously issued public statements on social media regarding witnesses, judges, attorneys, and others associated with legal matters pending against him.”"

• JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina
  • lousubcap
    "Former Vice President Pence yesterday said that former President Trump’s lawyers told Pence on Jan. 5, 2021, “We want you to reject votes outright.” “They were asking me to overturn the election. I had no right to overturn the election,” added Pence. Trump’s lawyer John Lauro said that Trump didn’t direct Pence “to do anything” that could be considered criminal. “He asked him in an aspirational way,” Lauro said. “Asking is not action. It’s core free speech.” Rebecca Falconer reports for Axios."

• JohnInCarolina
    "Can you rob this bank for me?  To be clear I'm not telling you to commit a crime, I'm only asking you to rob a bank in an aspirational way!"

• lousubcap
    However, raving lunatic who is unhinged may be a good start. CHEETO's sweat pumps are running in fast speed now. 
    How sweet it is. 
  • JohnInCarolina

• lousubcap
  • lousubcap

"Former President Trump’s legal team yesterday told Judge Tanya Chutkan, overseeing the election fraud case, that prosecutors’ proposed protective order to prevent the public disclosure of evidence is too broad and would restrict his First Amendment rights. The lawyers argued that Chutkan should impose a more limited order for materials deemed “sensitive.” Prosecutors accused Trump of objecting to their proposal because he wants to use the government’s evidence to “try the case in the media rather than in the courtroom.” Alanna Durkin Richer reports for AP News

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis may be preparing to charge former President Trump with racketeering, lawyers who have followed the investigation have said. Willis may invoke Georgia’s RICO Act, modeled after the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act of 1970. A grand jury is expected to consider whether criminal charges are appropriate for Trump and his Republican allies within the next two weeks. Jan Wolfe and Cameron McWhirter report for the Wall Street Journal. "