Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 961
    Can you send me your chewiest piece of fat. I'm thinkin I could feed it to my sister Beulah because she just never shuts up. My uncle once got so mad at her and told her to shut her pie hole, but she kept on talking and then poppa pointed out that her bum clinched up, then he started spewing something to momma about not teaching the kids which end the pies should go in. God, I can't wait to get out of here. Neither of my ends want pie
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,794
    Nice @dbcooper! caliqueen's habanero crop has been pretty decent this year. Time to make some hot sauce. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    That bone pic tells the story.  And the cast iron finish is one I need to try. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    @Wooderson. The only thing that could improve that plate is a dirty fork😉
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    edited July 2023
    Yum, I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks. That's a lot of curry points  ;)
    Happy Birthday to your better half.
    canuckland
  • caliking
    Most excellent @Grogu !! Makes me happy to hear that y'all enjoyed it so much, especially on your lovely bride's birthday. 

Please wish her a very happy birthday from us. 

PS - PM me your address if you'd like to have some black cardamom. 

• lousubcap
    That is a great gesture and cook right there.  Congrats for accepting the challenge and then nailing the outcome.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Pig trotters in resurrected IP. Gelatinous goodness.

canuckland
  • caliking
    Nice @MasterC. I sometimes forget how quick, simple, and delicious pork tenderloin can be. Checks off a lot of boxes!

• caliking

Drooling! What else did you add to the pot? Any discernible difference in flavor, texture vs. the usual low 'n' slow method?

• lousubcap
    @MasterC - great cook and plate right there.   Never a doubt with you at the helm. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    @Canugghead resurrected?

I think I went out with gelatinous goodness in high school. She had slippery hands and pants that looked they were made of almost clear jello. I never got to the goodness, she was too slippery from all of the gelatinousness. 
  • Canugghead
    caliking said:

Drooling! What else did you add to the pot? Any discernible difference in flavor, texture vs. the usual low 'n' slow method?
    TBH swmbo made it and I don't have a clue, she's mad I posted this gross dish, heard her mentioned tamarind, star anise, ketchup, garlic, sweet soy sauce, etc.  We don't have this often and can't recall the last time we did lo and slo. I'm thinking lo n slo was better, same with curry.
    canuckland
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,432
    edited July 2023
    Shrimp & Tofu Stir Fry . . Inside wok cook on the BlueStar range 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    I blame this on the lack of mobile view… I was 200 posts behind 😳

paqman said:
    I blame this on the lack of mobile view… I was 200 posts behind 😳
    Never tried mobile version, comfortable with browser desktop view.
    canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking said:

TBH swmbo made it and I don't have a clue, she's mad I posted this gross dish, heard her mentioned tamarind, star anise, ketchup, garlic, sweet soy sauce, etc.  We don't have this often and can't recall the last time we did lo and slo. I'm thinking lo n slo was better, same with curry.
    Sounds good to me :) 

I agree... love the convenience of the IP, but things don't render quite the same way.