Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,593
    Options
    @paqman. I have never tried Tartare but that does look great 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    I'm going to try that @johnmitchell. Looks good.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    I want to share this simple but tasty dish. One bag of mini sweet peppers, one onion, garlic, S&P, olive oil and a good dash of balsamic vinegar. In the oven/egg till everything is roasted, about an hour. Great as a side dish with steak. I will post finished dish later 

Those bags of peppers have become a standby raw snack for me, really like them!  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,579
    Options
    dont cook pork tenderloin often, dont remember ever finding one this big

Just bought couple of packs, have similar 'log' profile as yours. The store sign says each pack contains two tenderloins.

canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,825
    Options
    dont cook pork tenderloin often, dont remember ever finding one this big

Just bought couple of packs, have similar 'log' profile as yours. The store sign says each pack contains two tenderloins.

Was expecting two.  This one came from the VA which seems to have different cuts for the vets.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,499
    Options
    @nolaegghead How did you cook prep those shrimp as they look great?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,103
    Options

Dude, Sweet!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Looks so good that it rightly deserved that double quote. 
  • Botch
    Options

Dill Pickle Wangs.
    I always save my dill pickle juice, and when I get a couple cups' worth, buy a package of chicken wings and marinate them overnight. Drain and dry, then dust with a 1:1:1 mix of cornstarch, salt, and baking powder (I cut back on the salt when I use pickle juice, as its pretty seasoned already). I buggered up the scheduling and they actually soaked for 36 hours, night and day difference for the better! Grilled indirect at 450˚ for 20 minutes, and they were (almost) perfect. Summer tomatoes, cc and homemade dill pickle rounded it out (I'm trying to reverse-engineer Grillo's, and I'm getting close) 
    For some reason I'm burning the bottom of my wings, even tho its the usual temp, indirect, with the PS legs-up; I'll drop the temp to 400˚ next time and give them longer.  

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 699
    Options

@Botch have you tried claussen? If you want to give me the scoop on the grillo's recipe I'll give it a try. Had some a month or so ago and they were good. 
  • Botch
    Options
    Elijah said:

@Botch have you tried claussen? If you want to give me the scoop on the grillo's recipe I'll give it a try. Had some a month or so ago and they were good. 
    I have tried Claussen; love them both but prefer Grillo's.  The Grillos go for about $8/container here, which is why I'm trying to make my own.  They often go on sale for $6 or less, I'll pick up the real thing then (the badly-designed lids still make me angry!).  
    I'll post a recipe when I get it dialed in.  The label lists both brine and vinegar, which indicates a combination of fermentation and "refrigerator pickle" style.  My last batch was 50/50, which I let ferment on the counter for 3 days (the overall pH was still high enough for lacto fermentation), then into the frig.  They were too sour, so I'll be dialing back on the vinegar next batch (and a habanero was a bit too much, will switch back to a sliced serrano).  

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 948
    Options
    I would just like to post as StumpBaby again. This ybabpmuts is just wrong. I have so much history here, it seems sad that I can't use the same login I used for close to twenty years. Yes I come from a long line of circus folk, and my brother Jeff (aka Mr McForehead) once painted his head like a pumpkin and almost won a giant gourd contest until he blinked. It's just normal country stuff. Sure my sister Beulah has the biggest bearded bum down at the creek, but you can't judge her for that because it was just our family down at the creek, nobody knows if the Johnson daughters had even bigger bearded bums. I suspect they did, because when they got out of the creek, the river water took longer to drain from their pants than from my sister Beulahs. 

Can't I just post as StumpBaby again?
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options

First, that steak looks amazing. Next, just a question and no judgement, but did you use a cutting board for your cutting board?
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,499
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - sweet lookin groceries right there.  As always, nailed the $$ shot and juiced it with the knife.  Eating well in the 'hood. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Battleborn

Thanks. I generally keep the meats off of the Boos Block, so I double up my boards on occasion!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,048
    Options

Oh my. I can practically taste that steak through the screen.  Ribeye?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

Thanks, brother. Striploin. And it may be blasphemous, but I’m getting good results trimming the fat off my steaks before cooking, regardless of cut. Result seems just as tender, but I get more nicely textured surface area and less chewy pieces of fat.