Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

this use to be a more interesting place

Options
forget friendly.      at least when mean was entertaining.         now just all vanillas.
large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Instant **** recipe:
    1) Drink copious amounts of alcohol
    2) Read someone’s comment regarding fat side up, when clearly it is fat side down. 3) 3) Insert hate filled rage in comments. 
    4) Pass out. Sleep it off still sitting in front of your computer. 
    5) Repeat steps 1 through 4, Because you are here 24/7 and have no other life. 

Trust me, this formula never fails. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    what did i miss?

Options
    Moving the shenanigans to a special OT section of this forum was the nail in the coffin. 
     There is a chance for revival in 504 days, this place is mostly left wing nut jobs and their OT circle jerk will probably spill onto the main page the closer we get to the election.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    🤔

edited June 2023
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Forgot to mention, we didn't have any honey with us and a friend wanted honey butter, so some butter was mixed up with a jalapeño simple syrup and that really worked.  I know, kinda bougie having jalapeño simple syrup camping...and not honey.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    paqman said:
    🤔
    You don’t remember the 4 years when 8 out of 10 posts on the main page were about trump and republican bashing? It was right before the pandemic.  And then when bbbiden was voted in 8 out of 10 posts on the main page were about bbq. Either republicans take the high road or this place leans extreme left. 
    "Either republicans take the high road..."

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,670
    Options
    JonWesson said:
    forget friendly.      at least when mean was entertaining.         now just all vanillas.

I tried man. maybe check back on friday but even those are snooze fest
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,411
    Options
    The OT section has some entertaining threads that routinely get a decent dose of interest/action. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,540
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The OT section has some entertaining threads that routinely get a decent dose of interest/action. 
    ... Dislikes and CMNLLAS  ;)
    canuckland
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    I am mid-30s but the real problem is forums are a dying medium. I am on two other forums and it feels like I am a couple decades younger than the average poster. reddit, twitter, FB, etc just get more traffic. But to me forums just make more sense for discussions. 
    Boom
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,982
    Options
    So my constant efforts to “ruin the forum” have been successful?  Mission accomplished?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    And on the seventh day John ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.  Then John blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which John had created and made.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I do miss @littlenazi56 and his many cook threads and posts.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Moving the shenanigans to a special OT section of this forum was the nail in the coffin. 
     There is a chance for revival in 504 days, this place is mostly left wing nut jobs and their OT circle jerk will probably spill onto the main page the closer we get to the election.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    "allegedly"..
    he looks like he should be there, doesn't he...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,670
    Options
    Must have a bumper crop of the reefer.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    God save the Queen......
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    May I suggest BigGreenEggers.com
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    May I suggest BigGreenEggers.com
    😂 I think the OG forum finally died and @JohnInCarolina says he had nothing to do with it.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    edited June 2023
    Options
    ^^^
    Couldn't have said it better. I love far lefties and far righties who complain about each other (yes including on this forum) and distribute information from their desired sources and never think "wait a sec, I may be a part of the problem, not a part of the solution". 

Lack of access to information surely isn't the problem. Deciphering said information is certainly a problem. 

To quote dad "it's incredibly naive to believe one party is correct 100% of the time". 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,899
    Options
    egret said:
    If you think this used to be interesting, like back in the old days, you haven't lived until you've been "Stumped" by StumpBaby on the old Greeneggers forum !!!
    John...(egret) -  Just for the record since newbies don't know him...StumpBaby...(Paul)  with whom I have maintained contact ALL these years  was never profane! IMO he just had a VERY creative/gifted mind at writing "strange" accounts/stories. Oftentimes they came across SO weird that some folks thought they were off color, but...anyway I will be sure to tell the stump his reputation lives on!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ThermanMurch
    Options