Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any other eggers here insure their autos with Hagerty? - NOT Off Topic!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
On page 95 of their May-June magazine is a beautiful full page BGE ad…that magazine alone is really classy and I believe advertising there is worth the promotion bucks spent!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RRP
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Guess I was just in a magazine reading mode today…so I started reading the new This Old House Summer issue magazine which just arrived. I think us eggers have a keen eye noticing eggs! On page 26 is a really cool patio article and sure enough there were 2 pictures which included an XL BGE, but it was only identified as a “komado grill”. I know BGE has advertised in that magazine in the past, but now “no tickee no washee”.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @RRP Obviously some of your stable of automobiles are covered with Hagerty.  The classics in the garage- MB and Corvette at a minimum I would guess.  Good for you as that avenue is much more reasonable price-wise than your daily driver company.
    Time to air those garage queens out and about.  B)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    edited May 2023
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @RRP Obviously some of your stable of automobiles are covered with Hagerty.  The classics in the garage- MB and Corvette at a minimum I would guess.  Good for you as that avenue is much more reasonable price-wise than your daily driver company.

“Stable?” LOL! Actually contrary to popular belief my stable only consists of 2 autos nowadays…my ‘95 Corvette with 16k miles and my ‘99 MB diesel with 67k miles. Both are insured with Hagerty. This Spring the motor in my 11 year Chevy daily driver blew up and I sold it for junk for 600 bucks! Being the sole driver here then I believe these two cars will last me the rest of my driving days.
  • lousubcap
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Well, I do believe I did get the two (at a minimum) correct.  Sounds like you have window to acquire a daily driver and enjoy the stable as they are meant to be. 
    BTW-I have been down the salvage title road more than once.  I drive 'em til the wheels fall off.  Best number, Porsche 911 Targa bought used in 1974, salvage victim (engine fire) in 2003 with 305K miles on the clock.  Rode hard and put away wet.
    Stay healthy and safe out there my friend. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    Options
    another daily driver is not even on the horizon...since I'm the only driver here...the Benz can get me 3 miles to Kroger and 16 miles to the PO for my Rutland shipments - but thanks for your Porsche story! 

BTW getting in and out of the Vette keeps making me an older guy every drive!

Even having to lay on the garage floor to remove the front fender to replace the battery is a PITA! Corvette engineers that year must have been REAL sadists...
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    RRP said:
    lousubcap said:

“Stable?” LOL! Actually contrary to popular belief my stable only consists of 2 autos nowadays…my ‘95 Corvette with 16k miles and my ‘99 MB diesel with 67k miles. Both are insured with Hagerty. This Spring the motor in my 11 year Chevy daily driver blew up and I sold it for junk for 600 bucks! Being the sole driver here then I believe these two cars will last me the rest of my driving days.
    I can't believe you've only put 16k miles on that Corvette, Ron!  You need to take it out more and show it off!  If not, at least share some more pictures with us here!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    16 miles to the PO?
    canuckland
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    Options
    16 miles to the PO?
    Sounds like most of the 16 miles in his driveway?
  • RRP
    Options
    16 miles to the PO?
    Actually that is 16 miles round trip from my home to the post office. Why? does that sound like a long or a short trip to you?
  • RRP
    Options
    womaus said:
    16 miles to the PO?
    Sounds like most of the 16 miles in his driveway?
    huh? I don't get it...
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited May 2023
    Options
    We have about 15 cars insured with them.  Great company.  Funny thing, I was in a marketing course late last week at MIT and we used Hagerty as a case study.....how nobody wants insurance, they have to have it, it's hard to advertise, but Hagerty has built this awesome brand following by offering so much more value to just the basic boring coverage......they help you value your vehicle, the YouTube channel, etc.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We have about 15 cars insured with them.  Great company.  Funny thing, I was in a marketing course late last week at MIT and we used Hagerty as a case study.....how nobody wants insurance, they have to have it, it's hard to advertise, but Hagerty has built this awesome brand following by offering so much more value to just the basic boring coverage......they help you value your vehicle, the YouTube channel, etc.
    Interesting.  Was that a real course at MIT in Cambridge or just one of their online certificate things?  
  • RRP
    Options
    I had never heard of Hagerty until my Allstate agent told me I was really getting ripped off by Allstate! Since they would only pay me the low ball Blue Book value if I totaled my Corvette - not that it is trailer queen, but certainly worth more than the value she showed me! Of course she stayed being the agent of record so she still gets some commission. Then as soon as my Benz qualified I left Allstate for Hagerty with it as well.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,750
    Options
    RRP said:
    I had never heard of Hagerty until my Allstate agent told me I was really getting ripped off by Allstate! Since they would only pay me the low ball Blue Book value if I totaled my Corvette - not that it is trailer queen, but certainly worth more than the value she showed me! Of course she stayed being the agent of record so she still gets some commission. Then as soon as my Benz qualified I left Allstate for Hagerty with it as well.
    She did you right, allstate is the worst
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    My FIL insured his older cars with Hagerty.  68 stingray and 72 nova.  He doesn't have them anymore.  I assumed they only insured vintage/classics for reasonable rates.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Interesting.  Was that a real course at MIT in Cambridge or just one of their online certificate things?  
    I don't know if it was "real", but we were on campus at Endicott House.  Absolutely beautiful and the food was incredible.  One of the guys in the class was bumming about how much money he was going to be spending next year--since his daughter got accepted to Duke.......hahaha 
  • RRP
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    My FIL insured his older cars with Hagerty.  68 stingray and 72 nova.  He doesn't have them anymore.  I assumed they only insured vintage/classics for reasonable rates.  
    Yes - they only insure older cars. Then the best way to describe it is YOU set the insured value - not Blue Book - kind of like buying life insurance and your premium is based on that price. What really amazes me is how cheap it is! I carry a PUP which has a rather high required liability level for automobile policy liability coverage. Even at that Hagerty saved me $2k a year and I'm 78 years old!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    I had my 74 Bronco insured with Hagerty. Agreed value of 25k for $462 a year. As long as I put less than 7500 miles on the odometer annually. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I don't know if it was "real", but we were on campus at Endicott House.  Absolutely beautiful and the food was incredible.  One of the guys in the class was bumming about how much money he was going to be spending next year--since his daughter got accepted to Duke.......hahaha 
    Yeah the real courses you generally have to apply to get into, take entrance exams, etc.  Of course it’s a bit easier with the b-school courses that cost an arm and a leg.  They’re always happy to take your money.  As for the food, you get what you pay for.

Duke meets full need so if the guy has an expensive tuition bill then, well…
  • Canugghead
    Options
    RRP said:
    16 miles to the PO?
    Actually that is 16 miles round trip from my home to the post office. Why? does that sound like a long or a short trip to you?
    Thought you meant 16 miles each way, 8 miles is still too long for me though. Guess I'm spoiled, the PO outlet in our neighbourhood drug store is just over one mile (1.8km) from my house  ;)
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Yep- I'm in the 3 mile/5 KM one way trip to the PO and 5 mile/9 km to the closest petrol station.  Add distance with your preferred measuring stick to a decent grocery store or adult beverage (critical) beverage out post.  That settlement is around 7 miles/ 10.5 kms out.
    That's why the preplaning for the stop/shop/buy when rolling past civilization was and is essential. FWIW-
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    16 miles to the PO?
    Thought you meant 16 miles each way, 8 miles is still too long for me though. Guess I'm spoiled, the PO outlet in our neighbourhood drug store is just over one mile (1.8km) from my house  ;)
    Well, Sir...I happen to live out in what some people call the "boonies" - besides that the multiple shipments I make nearly daily have various weights, various destinations and quite often time multiple foreign destinations which require Customs Declaration forms which MUST BE handled by a USPO clerk. I just can't slap a stamp on my envelope or on one of various size boxes and drop it in the mail box. BUT thanks for understanding!
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Respect for all you do to help out other eggers.
    canuckland