Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So, I have noticed, there are several non Trump lovers on this forum

Bodine
Bodine Posts: 15
. Could you give me a run down on how Biden / Harris are doing? I am Interested in hearing different opinions.
The economy/debt
The border
The military
Fossil fuels
China
Afghanistan withdrawal
Ukraine aid??????
Fentanyl
Hunters laptop

And do you think he is actually running the show?
I am not here to argue, just interested how others think.

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    edited April 2023
    This is the best long game I have ever seen. 9 posts (edit- 9 comments) in 15 years and then this. Greatness. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,065
    Mildly surprised Benghazi didn’t make the list.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I’d actually consider engaging but your last question tells me all I need to know. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    Also, please notice that no one “disliked” your other post or this one. 

Hmmmmmmm…,
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    Ok. 1 question. 

Where is Hunters laptop right now?

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,966
    This is the best long game I have ever seen. 9 posts (edit- 9 comments) in 15 years and then this. Greatness. 
    Actually 4 comments in 15 years, then 7 comments and 1 discussion since yesterday.
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    dmchicago said:
    Ok. 1 question. 

Where is Hunters laptop right now?

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,558
    CHEETO (love typing that) makes Nixon look like a saint. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • This is the best long game I have ever seen. 9 posts (edit- 9 comments) in 15 years and then this. Greatness. 
    Actually 4 comments in 15 years, then 7 comments and 1 discussion since yesterday.
    Even better. Al Q’aeda sleeper-cell-like discipline with this one. 
  • dmchicago
    Even better. Al Q’aeda sleeper-cell-like discipline with this one. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Dang- I thought I was playing the long game. I was 16 when this $hit started. 
  • That's what I thought, the snowflakes play grabass for a while then run and hide.  Can't mount a decent defense. Biden is good at window dressing, he should work at Macys except everything would be too expensive.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,756
    😂🤣

paqman said:
    😂🤣

Priceless.  Bet he thought that was a DM too, lol.
  • So great. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,966
    slip or bait?

canuckland
  • Bodine
    Well, I see none of you can answer a simple question. However you are good at posting funny pictures.
    Hate and anger are not good for the soul.

• JohnInCarolina
    Bodine said:
    Well, I see none of you can answer a simple question. 

Yes, you are right.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Bodine said:
    Well, I see none of you can answer a simple question. However you are good at posting funny pictures.

Yes, hate and anger are not good for the soul.  That said, why would you support an administration who runs on a platform of “pwning the libs”?   All the stuff Jesus would espouse is antithetical to the modern GOP.  

Show me where I stated I supported him. I asked how you guys felt about how Biden/Harris are doing. Still waiting for an answer.
    My point being, you are spending your time beating a dead horse, while the current resident is doing an awful job. Seems like a waste of energy.
    I must confess my ignorance, I have no idea what "pwning" means.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,622
    Bodine said:

Yes, hate and anger are not good for the soul.  That said, why would you support an administration who runs on a platform of “pwning the libs”?   All the stuff Jesus would espouse is antithetical to the modern GOP.  

Botch said:
    Two chances, actually:
    1.  Coalescing around a more suitable candidate (as you mentioned) was my initial hope but my favorite (Larry Hogan) was the first to self-eliminate to narrow the field; but I'm not sure the 33-38% would've supported him anyway (he was about governing and compromise, not hatred and kicking down at people who aren't Exactly Like Me).  
    2.  Our biggest chance, at this time, is for Garland and the DoJ to do their f***ing job and arrest/convict traitor, and his supporters in congress, for their sedition.  This is my final hope.

Along with a low-level civil servant, possibly retired, to fill a van with fertilizer and fuel oil and park in front of Faux News during prime-time (hopefully with murdoch on-site).  It would at least delay the oligarch's destruction of democracy.  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,032
    ... to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign, and domestic...

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• paqman
    edited April 2023
    Bodine said:
    Well, I see none of you can answer a simple question.

I hate him passionately. ... I can’t handle much more of this.

It's a real mess. But sadly no surprise based on the man I saw revealed on election night.

We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest.

It’s tough dealing with people who have been brainwashed from right wing extremism.  The original post seemed congruent with those people.  But I admit, that’s not a lot to go on for assumptions.

I would say pick something controversial that you believe in….like how Dominion voting machines impacted the election. 

Find some non-partisan news sources (this may be tough to do without exiting your “news” bubble). Open your mind and do a deep dive, avoid conspiracy theories.  

Post your results and any more specific questions here.

Bodine said:
    Show me where I stated I supported him. I asked how you guys felt about how Biden/Harris are doing. Still waiting for an answer.
    My point being, you are spending your time beating a dead horse, while the current resident is doing an awful job. Seems like a waste of energy.
    I must confess my ignorance, I have no idea what "pwning" means.
    Right off, the wording of the title of this thread seems to imply that there are only a few folks on this forum that loathe the Trumpster. I know from my experience on other similar forums the crowd here probably does skew to the right of center but I can't believe that the vast majority of folks here wear MAGA hats.

Second thing is that loathing of the Trumpster and admiration of Biden are not necessarily mutually inclusive. One can not be a fan of Biden while still loathing the Trumpster. However, to say that Biden is doing "an awful job" doesn't really match reality does it? We also need to keep in mind that there are many things over which an Oval Office occupant has very little control.

Third, rather than bother rewriting things I'll just give you a few links to a few websites that talk about what's been achieved during Biden's first couple of years:

https://www.upworthy.com/joe-biden-s-23-greatest-achievements-as-president-of-the-united-states-so-far

Two years in, Biden's record of accomplishments rivals ...MSNBC Newshttps://www.msnbc.com › maddowblog › two-years-bi...

Biden's accomplishments match up well with well-regarded ...Chicago Sun-Timeshttps://chicago.suntimes.com › president-joe-biden-fra...

What Joe Biden Has (And Hasn't) AccomplishedThe Atlantichttps://www.theatlantic.com › archive › 2022/11 › bid...

I'm sure there is a lot of overlap among those sites but I'm betting they touch on all the major things.

I'll address just one point (as I have to start prepping the pressure cooker white chili with chicken I'm cooking for dinner - pics to follow*):

Afghanistan.
    It likely didn't matter too much how much planning went into those final weeks of troop removal. It was always going to end up being a clusterfvck becuz - Taliban. The important thing to remember is that it was Trumpy who arranged the Doha Agreement that specified the final date of the removal of US troops and who also agreed (against the desires of the existing Afghan government to release 5000 Taliban POW's. I can't say that had there been no pre-arranged agreement by Trump that Biden would have handled things better cuz - Taliban. Things weren't going to go well regardless of who sat in the Oval cuz - Taliban. What Biden can do tho, and should do, is to speed up the vetting process to allow more Afghans that assisted the US over the years to move to the US.

Finally (and tangentially), glad to see @littlerascal56 is still around. I was beginning to think that since he hadn't surfaced in so many months that perhaps he had succumbed to GOMD (Grumpy Old Man Disease). Guess he just needed to be aWOKEned. :)

* -exactly a zero percent chance those will appear

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Bodine
    Well guys its been enlightening , when I graduated from college at age 22, my father  told me if I ever wanted to know what peoples perception of me is, take a look at who  you socialize with.
    With that, I'll check on you in another 15 years by then  nola boy  will have 200,000 posts. Y'all need hobbies. ;)
    Cheers
  • paqman
    Bodine said:
    Well guys its been enlightening , when I graduated from college at age 22, my father  told me if I ever wanted to know what peoples perception of me is, take a look at who  you socialize with.
    With that, I'll check on you in another 15 years by then  nola boy  will have 200,000 posts. Y'all need hobbies. ;)
    Cheers
    Starting a discussion about politics, regardless of the venue, is going to stir $hit; I don’t know what you were expecting.  Many here have tons of hobbies, often unconventional and/or uncommon.  You can stay for the BBQ and I guarantee you that even members with political views that aren’t aligned with yours will be helpful.

paqman said:
    Bodine said:
    Cheers
    Starting a discussion about politics, regardless of the venue, is going to stir $hit; I don’t know what you were expecting.  Many here have tons of hobbies, often unconventional and/or uncommon.  You can stay for the BBQ and I guarantee you that even members with political views that aren’t aligned with yours will be helpful.
    Exactly. For example, I’m a bidet enthusiast. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    dmchicago said:
    paqman said:
    Bodine said:
    Cheers
    Exactly. For example, I’m a bidet enthusiast. 
    Have you been to a Bidet Convention yet?  I’ve heard they’re the sh!t