Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any favorite Corned Beef Hash recipes here?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
Once again I have some corn beef left over from yesterday. I have looked on the net for some recipes for Corned Beef Hash for breakfast tomorrow - and all seem simple enough so I may just wing it...OTOH if anyone has a killer recipe I would entertain to follow it!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I like Northwest Hash. I first had it in Portland. Instead of a minced mush it's a coarse chopped blend of meat, potatoes, onion, and green pepper. Never not yummy.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    some beets added and its a redflannel hash from northern nh and maine. the trick with hash is to get some crisp on it similar to paella soccarat
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    Options
    BTW I just winged it with potatoes, chopped corned beef, onions and green peppers. After nearly cooked I made pockets in it and dropped in some raw eggs. I got a bit impatient since the eggs weren't cooking fast enough so I turned up the heat which in turn "over crisped" the potatoes and some were even burnt. But surprisingly there was no telltale burnt taste! All in all it was a success which I will repeat next Sunday as well for more practice!
  • fishlessman
    Options
    RRP said:
    BTW I just winged it with potatoes, chopped corned beef, onions and green peppers. After nearly cooked I made pockets in it and dropped in some raw eggs. I got a bit impatient since the eggs weren't cooking fast enough so I turned up the heat which in turn "over crisped" the potatoes and some were even burnt. But surprisingly there was no telltale burnt taste! All in all it was a success which I will repeat next Sunday as well for more practice!
    That's closer than mush....
    fukahwee maine

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Sounds great to me. Nothing wrong with that at all
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    c8d8fbfdjpg
    fukahwee maine

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Not corned beef hash, but since you like pillsbury recipes, and have leftover corned beef, here is one that looks pretty good:

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/corned-beef-biscuit-sandwiches/0f655fb5-768e-4170-bda3-7d7d5a83c640
  • RRP
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Not corned beef hash, but since you like pillsbury recipes, and have leftover corned beef, here is one that looks pretty good:

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/corned-beef-biscuit-sandwiches/0f655fb5-768e-4170-bda3-7d7d5a83c640
    I agree! And I know I will try that recipe except NO caraway seed! Caraway and cilantro   
    are two things this old cowboy hates with a passion!
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    RRP said:
    Dyal_SC said:

I agree! And I know I will try that recipe except NO caraway seed! Caraway and cilantro   
    I imagine it’s to make it taste more like rye bread. I bet some toasted sesame seeds would be good on there. And possibly using an egg wash along with the butter before sprinkling on the seeds. 
  • RRP
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    RRP said:
    Dyal_SC said:

I imagine it’s to make it taste more like rye bread. I bet some toasted sesame seeds would be good on there. And possibly using an egg wash along with the butter before sprinkling on the seeds. 
    …and YOU said that I should write my own cookbook? Sounds to me like you are no stranger to the idea of culinary creations!
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    And today here was my second attempt. And this effort was much better! Now to get my recipe jotted down for future attempts before my feeble mind forgets! =)

• Wooderson
    Wooderson Posts: 354
    Options
    I'd become a glutton with that Ron 
  • RRP
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:

Would you please send me an email here as I really have a serious question about a problem with this forum which you might be able to help solve! I have to get to bed soon, so please don’t give up on me, as I will reply tomorrow! 
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I came up with one this past week. I had a half a sandwich left over from the deli. Corned beef and pastrami piled high on rye toast, with Swiss cheese and coarse brown mustard. I chopped it all up and mixed it with diced up leftover potatoes and finely chopped onions before frying in a cast iron pan with a little butter. It was incredible. The rye component really added something special. A couple over easy eggs on top for the win

I’m going to get a bag of rye croutons and try it again. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Camping I use canned sliced  potatoes in place of boiled dinner potatoes. I like it better texture and flavorwise. 
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,646
    Options
    Recipe is in the title.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.