Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Toast ??

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    If water doesn’t boil until an internal temp of 212 deg f, won’t it dry out?  Or is it forgiving?  I’ve never cooked anything to an IT that high. I’m honestly thinking it won’t work, at least not consumable. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    pet peeve......people who max the dial out on the toaster......do they think its toasting faster......

My dad, god love him, does this. And then watches the toaster like a hawk. He scorches bread like a champ, curses like a sailor, scrapes off the top, and eats it all the time. It isn’t just toast. He seems to only have one heat setting. He can fry an egg so hard it requires a steak knife. I’m still not sure if he prefers it or is simply impatient and distracted. I quit trying to coach. When I visit I just take over the cooking. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Jstroke
    pet peeve......people who max the dial out on the toaster......do they think its toasting faster......

My dad, god love him, does this. And then watches the toaster like a hawk. He scorches bread like a champ, curses like a sailor, scrapes off the top, and eats it all the time. It isn’t just toast. He seems to only have one heat setting. He can fry an egg so hard it requires a steak knife. I’m still not sure if he prefers it or is simply impatient and distracted. I quit trying to coach. When I visit I just take over the cooking. 
  • Jstroke

• Jstroke

• Jstroke

• Jstroke

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Best catch yet 🤣
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    It's a great story, every time I hear it.
  • Jstroke
    WTF—that’s a first
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    Jstroke said:
    WTF—that’s a first

the forum glitches with old posts, this ones from 2005

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Jstroke said:
    WTF—that’s a first

the forum glitches with old posts, this ones from 2005. when theres a date time error of all zeros, dont hit the save comment button again

fukahwee maine

• Pook
    Pook Posts: 43
    I always boil water and cook toast inside. Maybe I’m missing something? Does boiling water on the egg make it smoky? 
  • Pook
    I always boil water and cook toast inside. Maybe I’m missing something? Does boiling water on the egg make it smoky? 
  • Pook
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 675

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • danhoo

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
  • danhoo

• danhoo

• fishlessman
    Forum directions....post and repeat, repeat, repeat......

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Purdue??
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    Purdidn't.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Bump
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    edited September 2023
    These old threads just don’t work like they used to.  
  • Good to see my toasting preferences have remained consistent over time. I thought that graphic looked familiar. 🙃
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited September 2023
    (Double post deleted.)
  • fishlessman
    (Double post deleted.)

deleting isnt part of this threads directions

fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    (Double post deleted.)

deleting isnt part of this threads directions

whisperer bait 
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    edited September 2023
  • Canugghead
    edited September 2023