Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ballon Responses

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Well, the main board BGE balloon cook thread just got nuked.  But the balloon moves on-now over NC.
    Watch out @JohnInCarolina.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Balloon came over last night - it was huge and scary.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,457
    National security or national pride?
    canuckland
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Possibly both.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ^^^Tiny, very tiny peen^^^
    I do wonder how many yahoos have actually fired at the balloon, and I wonder how many think they have a rifle that was capable of actually sending a bullet that distance.

Chatter seems to be that we are going to down the balloon off the coast of South Carolina.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG said:
    I do wonder how many yahoos have actually fired at the balloon, and I wonder how many think they have a rifle that was capable of actually sending a bullet that distance.

Chatter seems to be that we are going to down the balloon off the coast of South Carolina.

Has Nikki Haley offered to personally take it out with a drone yet?  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    Pop
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    Yep-no more.  Hope we can get some intel from it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Dark Brandon. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • HeavyG

• nolaegghead
    HeavyG said:

A .30-06 will travel 10,000 feet straight up, 1/6th the distance (before the military shot it).  Takes slightly less than a minute to come down.  All bullets shot straight up reach a terminal velocity around 150 mph with about 1/10th their kinetic energy, which can still kill someone. 
    lousubcap said:
    Yep-no more.  Hope we can get some intel from it.  
    Looked like it was rigged to drop the equipment when the balloon popped. Separated with the hit and dropped it
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    I was thinking they Chinese detonated it when they saw us trying to shoot it down.  Based on the logic the military would want to preserve any Intel by shooting at the bladder
    (Waiting for Boebert to thank China Joe for shooting it down…)

(Waiting for Boebert to thank China Joe for shooting it down…)

China Joe had the shot taken at the bottom of the balloon to destroy all the evidence......
    fukahwee maine

• (Waiting for Boebert to thank China Joe for shooting it down…)

Don’t hold your breath.
  • lousubcap
    And delivered without any fortune cookies...
  • lousubcap
    Balloon debris is in water less than 50 feet deep.  Recovery of whatever is left should be simple and quick.  Not expecting much here but you never know...
  • HeavyG
    Would be pretty funny if what is recovered turns out to be just random junk pieces of scaffolding and junk solar panels and that the Chinese were just punking us to see how we'd react.

• nolaegghead
    I thought the same, that they purposefully sent a weather satellite to f*ck with us and make us look stupid to the world.  Just one of a multitude of pointless speculation.

• Curious- Why would we look stupid to the world for shooting down a Chinese balloon floating over the US, regardless of its contents? And why do you guys enjoy the thought of the US looking stupid? 
    Snellville, GA

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Curious- Why would we look stupid to the world for shooting down a Chinese balloon floating over the US, regardless of its contents? And why do you guys enjoy the thought of the US looking stupid? 
    1. It was a joke, if the Chinese filled the thing with junk and we shot it down, it would be like they punked us.  You know, like a practical joke.
    2. I didn't read anything that showed anyone would enjoy the US looking stupid
    3. Lighten up, Francis

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

@Eggdicted_Dawgfan ^^^ - MTG is a prime example of an American exhorting stupid Americans to look stupid. Its not a good look to put forward to the world. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    HeavyG said:

I don't think she's in the league of MAGAts that say dumb **** like that. Not yet, at least. 

Fun fact - we knew her family back in the day. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking said:
    HeavyG said:

I don't think she's in the league of MAGAts that say dumb **** like that. Not yet, at least. 

Oh she's perfectly capable of throwing red meat out to the crowd.  I'll just leave this here:

https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley
  • Legume said:
    Curious- Why would we look stupid to the world for shooting down a Chinese balloon floating over the US, regardless of its contents? And why do you guys enjoy the thought of the US looking stupid? 
    1. It was a joke, if the Chinese filled the thing with junk and we shot it down, it would be like they punked us.  You know, like a practical joke.
    2. I didn't read anything that showed anyone would enjoy the US looking stupid
    3. Lighten up, Francis

It didn’t sound like a joke? He sounded pretty  serious to me. And it seems to fit his thinking of the US overall, just from his past comments. Talking about @HeavyG

How would it be like they punked us? I mean floating a huge balloon over another country unannounced should be immediate grounds to act. Regardless of its contents. So if it contains nothing why does that make any difference in how we look for taking it down. Any balloon from another country that comes unannounced should be taken down, in my eyes. 

Lighten up? I think you read my message in the wrong context. I was not heavy at all. Honest questions. 
    Snellville, GA