Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Placeholder for internet things that are funny or cool

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    If ever completed, the Crazy Horse monument in the Black Hills of SD will dwarf Mt Rushmore.  I saw it when I was in my teens, and once again somewhere ~2007~2009, and now in this drone video.  It hasn't changed much; the original russian sculptor, and his descendants, have refused any fed grants and continue the work with donations only.
    I've given up seeing it completed in my own lifetime, but it is still an impressive achievement, so far.  

https://youtu.be/VecLyBjkkG8  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516

Spotted at HEB this morning. 
    Canadians are among us. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch
    https://youtu.be/JFjw7WqA2NU

Interesting video on AI's impact on photography.  Some of the editing clips, and the hardware, are fascinating.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    Farcebook is constantly trying to find "diversions" to keep you on that site, to make more money.  They pressed a button with me, here.  

I'm not a movie buff, but I did see The Graduate and I'd like to watch it again; Ms. Ross played the daughter.  Mrrrr.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited January 2023
    dmchicago said:

Canadians are among us. 
    @TexanOfTheNorth , hope you're well my friend!

Edit: I see a case of mysterious beverage in the bumper, enjoy your day drinking  =)
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    @TexanOfTheNorth - one of the many valued contributors who have checked out over the years.  
    I wish him well and hope he surfaces.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    dmchicago said:

Canadians are among us. 

texas needs a northern wall
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    dmchicago said:

Canadians are among us. 

To keep Oklahoma out of Texas?  Keep Texas out of Oklahoma? 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    Legume said:
    dmchicago said:

Canadians are among us. 

To keep Oklahoma out of Texas?  Keep Texas out of Oklahoma? 

for the canadian and californian invasion eh
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

• Well I know this one doesn't fall on the "cool" side of the ledger, so...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Wolverine to the rescue!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    An insightful read about the USA outside the beltway and books-
    "
    For the past few months, NextDraft has been following along with the travels of my friends Robbi and Matthew who have taken their four kids on the Busload of Books tour. So far they've traveled 16,731 miles, visited 33 Title 1 schools in 33 states, and given away 16,000 books. The roadtrip has taken them (and us) to where the rubber hits the road, below 24-hour news channel airwaves, beneath the smokescreen of political atmospherics, right down to the streets of main street America. It turns out that the kids and teachers at the schools the bus has parked in front of don't talk about politics and don't discuss whether they're in a blue state or a red state. They're not obsessed with critical race theory and they know that Covid wasn't a political issue to attack each other over but rather a really sad, traumatic experience that hurt our kids—yes, because of missed school, but also because of all the death—and stressed our educators. They're not threatened by books nor are they requesting book bans. Instead, many of the kids Robbi and Matthew visit spend the first few moments with their new books smelling them, touching them, and listening to the the crackling of the binding. Why? Because most of them have never owned a new book before. That's the real story we're being distracted from when we focus on all the polarizing social media inflamed political bile being served up by those who benefit from divisiveness, a group that too often includes the media. The real story is not the cultural divide, it's the economic one. 

I'll let Robbi and Matthew tell you what they have seen: "Kids suffering from hunger, homelessness, and trauma. Students grappling with having lost family members to violence, drugs, and Covid. It's hard to teach a kid to read when they're exhausted from watching their siblings while their mom works three jobs—or because they've been placed in a foster home because both parents are struggling with addiction. Imagine having to navigate these situations at age eight and then be expected to learn your times tables. Poverty is the underlying problem. Not the schools. Not the teachers. Not the kids." 

In addition to the 16,000 books, Robbi and Matthew have also given and received close to that many hugs. That's the other untold story about America. We're not that different, we're not that hateful, and we might even want to hug each other when we meet in person instead of viewing each other through the prism of our modern distortion field. "

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Thanks for posting that about "Busload of Books"! I read about their journey last fall and meant to donate some bucks but forgot all about them. Fixed that just now. Thanks again!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Rich nations don’t have the masses of poor and huge divide we have between rich and poor.  America is a nation of people and corporations.  It’s not the corporations that need help.  It’s embarrassing really.  Not that any country is perfect but we have the means to balance things out but there is a war on the poor. The most vulnerable are always easy targets.  Using kids as political pawns and demonizing education, books, medicine and on and on is deplorable.
    "Julia Child, Mr. Wizard, Monty Python..."

https://youtu.be/wj-ONzWJbOs

• Botch
    Raquel Welch, auditioning for the part of Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island:

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660

I’m keeping that one 😂🤣

paqman said:

I’m keeping that one 😂🤣
    Haha, I thought about changing it to...
    not in construction crew's collective agreement  =)

Also reminds me of this incident last fall... the utility company line identification guy came to our property to mark the buried power line, there was an area covered by fallen leaves. Yup, he spray painted the leaves  =)
    canuckland

• That is what a change order is for.?That or careful wording of the contract.
  • lousubcap

• nolaegghead
    lousubcap said:

hahaha....classic
    I just spent a ridiculous amount of time reconciling timestamps from different system log files… yes, standards are a glorious thing!

Wait, what happened to DD-MMM-YYYY ?