Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When the going gets tough...

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Color me shocked.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmchicago
    Burn down the country to own the libs!

Bonus points for proving your party has no interest in governance.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited January 2023
    ^^^ Well, at least they didn't ban female legislators from baring their arms in session, like the missouri Talibangelicals just did...

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dmchicago

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    edited January 2023
    My state - Virginia - used to celebrate "Lee-Jackson-King Day" as an official holiday until about 20 years ago when they did finally drop Lee/Jackson and make it just MLK Day.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    dmchicago said:

Can’t forget Confederate Memorial Day!

I remember visiting family friends in SC about 25 yrs ago, seeing it on a calendar in the kitchen, and wondering “WTF is that??” Learned about “The War of Northern Aggression” that day, too. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Botch said:
    ^^^ Well, at least they didn't ban female legislators from baring their arms in session, like the missouri Talibangelicals just did...

Does not the 2nd Amendment protect those ladies in MO?

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago

Maybe these folks will, I dunno, vote or something?

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch
    It's really bothering me that a losing (by a landslide) R legislator in NM  hired 4 MAGAts and personally threatened, and then shot up, the Democrats and their homes involved in that election,
    ...and that its only the third or fourth story on tonight's news.  
    Goddammit, what the f*ck is happening here?!?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dmchicago

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch
    Department of Homeland Security, 2023:

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    AmazonSmile to be eliminated by Feb. 20.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    From Robert Reich, this morning.  

What will the House Oversight Committee do?

The House Oversight and Accountability Committee is the major investigative unit in the House. Yesterday, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy loaded it with people who enabled Donald Trump’s attempted coup in the months after the 2020 election. They have also called for violence against their political enemies, embraced conspiracy theories, and associated with white supremacists.

McCarthy’s move is the most cynical act of political thuggery since Trump left the White House. Not coincidentally, it is designed to advance Trump’s re-election and his anti-democracy agenda.

The people McCarthy put on the committee include Representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, Paul Gosar of Arizona, Lauren Boebert of Colorado, Scott Perry of Pennsylvania, Russell Fry of South Carolina, and Anna Paulina Luna of Florida.

To describe them as “conservative” or “extremist” misses the essence of what they’ve done and believe. They are authoritarians who have deep contempt for American democracy.

In the last Congress, Greene and Gosar were removed from congressional committees for posting messages on the Internet that advocated violence against their political enemies. Both have appeared with Nick Fuentes, the white supremacist and Holocaust denier. Greene recently said that, had she led the Jan. 6 attack, “we would have won” and that people would have been “armed.” Gosar has referred to members of the mob that stormed the Capitol as “peaceful patriots.”

Perry was a key figure in Trump’s attempted coup. During the attack on the Capitol, Boebert posted about Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s location inside the Capitol, and has repeated Trump’s false claim that the election was stolen. Fry has campaigned with election conspiracy theorists including Mike Lindell, the chief executive of MyPillow. Luna has denied the results of the 2020 election and has appeared on a television program that has pushed the QAnon conspiracy theory.

As a result of their committee assignment, for the next 22 months leading up to the 2024 election these members of Congress will be the on front line in Trump’s war against the truth of what occurred between November 3, 2020, and January 6, 2021.

They will head inquiries into the Biden administration. They will push to impeach Biden. They will conjure up false conspiracies. They will try to rewrite the history of the Trump administration. They will seek to expunge the two hearings and House vote to impeach Trump, and negate the work and findings of the January 6 special committee.

They will be the backup band for Trump’s incendiary, grievance-filled scorched-earth campaign for re-election in 2024. They will help Trump lead the fight to advance his own warped, authoritarian vision for America.  

Kevin McCarthy put these people on the Oversight Committee because that’s what they wanted, and he needed their votes to become Speaker. But in a larger sense, these people typify what the Republican Party has become – a grotesque shadow of Trump, capable of stirring resentments and lies but utterly incapable of rational governance.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    edited January 2023
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • “conservative self owns” 😂
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Assumed that when the NFT comic trading cards came out.
    dmchicago said:
    Stovepiping the Clueless even more via hardware.  Brilliant!  

• dmchicago

Dennis - Austin,TX