Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When the going gets tough...

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG said:

The contrast reminds me of when Obama’s people in the White House got replaced by Trump’s.   In a heartbeat the executive branch went from a collection of people who were competent, honest, and hard working to a group who… had none of those attributes.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Since the big orange infant demands to be the center of attention, he’s threatened by competent underlings, and because he likes the fringe loud bully types because of their propensity to fight (WWE style), he’s shooting himself in the foot.  Again.
    Since the big orange infant demands to be the center of attention, he’s threatened by competent underlings, and because he likes the fringe loud bully types because of their propensity to fight (WWE style), he’s shooting himself in the foot.  Again.
    In my orbit and with some range "the big orange infant" is highly regarded as "CHEETO" and in other parts of the universe as "Agent Orange." 
    Wherever you live- CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG

I hear that Pelosi is going to wheel in a couple of these for Wednesday...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516

Beat me to it. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    I just keep trying to care, but I just can't.  The complete and utter incompetence on the GOP's part is stunning.

Is it really too much to ask for reasonably intelligent non-villians for politicians?  We have elected a bunch of buffoons.  Like all Pinkys and no Brains.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I don't even care regarding this CF beyond the fact that the power of a tightly wound minority is quite evident.
    As has been said and shot down-term limits.  Career politician was never envisioned as an occupation when the Constitution was written.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    I just keep trying to care, but I just can't.  The complete and utter incompetence on the GOP's part is stunning.

Is it really too much to ask for reasonably intelligent non-villians for politicians?  We have elected a bunch of buffoons.  Like all Pinkys and no Brains.

"We"????

• HeavyG
    edited January 2023

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    edited January 2023
    Wondering Out Loud:
    If the phone records of mark meadows, plus the data dump from the bipartisan Jan 6 committee, plus who knows what else, was enough the DoJ   had enough info/evidence to arrest ALL of the republican congressmen who participated in the coup plot, what happens?  
    - NONE of the Representatives (new nor incumbent) have been sworn in yet (pending an elected Speaker); if they're under arrest, they cannot be sworn in, I hope?
    - If that happens, are the seats recounted to see which party controls the House?  And would the majority shift, if all the arrests occurred?  
    - Are there any other openly coup-supporting senators besides hawley (who isn't up for re-election for another 4 years)?  Can a sitting senator be arrested, I hope?  Will  they be?  
    - The '23 budget was passed a couple weeks ago.  What's the next upcoming congressional expenditure requiring approval from the House, which will severely hurt a large group (retirees/Medicare/Medicaid/military/other) if not approved (ie if the House is still non-functional)?  Which color states get hurt the worst if that happens?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    Botch said:
    Wondering Out Loud:
    If the phone records of mark meadows, plus the data dump from the bipartisan Jan 6 committee, plus who knows what else, was enough the DoJ   had enough info/evidence to arrest ALL of the republican congressmen who participated in the coup plot, what happens?  
    - NONE of the Representatives (new nor incumbent) have been sworn in yet (pending an elected Speaker); if they're under arrest, they cannot be sworn in, I hope?
    - If that happens, are the seats recounted to see which party controls the House?  And would the majority shift, if all the arrests occurred?  
    - Are there any other openly coup-supporting senators besides hawley (who isn't up for re-election for another 4 years)?  Can a sitting senator be arrested, I hope?  Will  they be?  
    - The '23 budget was passed a couple weeks ago.  What's the next upcoming congressional expenditure requiring approval from the House, which will severely hurt a large group (retirees/Medicare/Medicaid/military/other) if not approved (ie if the House is still non-functional)?  Which color states get hurt the worst if that happens?  
    Ru looking for an actual civil war😁 just wondering. My political rule is that nothing much ever happens 
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    fishlessman said:
    Ru looking for an actual civil war😁 just wondering. 
    Well, my own party (on paper only) sure have been, for awhile now...

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• HeavyG

• dmchicago

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • @dmchicago - that is perfect 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    @dmchicago - that is perfect 
    All credit to twitter. 

Thanks, Elon!

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    Excerpts from a WSJ editorial regarding the US House CF-
    "..."The problem any GOP leader faces today is that too many Republicans don't really want to hold and keep political power. They're much more comfortable in opposition in the minority, which is easier because no hard decisions or compromises are necessary. You can rage against 'the swamp' without having to do anything to change it. This is the fundamental and sorry truth behind the Speaker spectacle and the performative GOP politics of recent years." "

• dmchicago

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • HeavyG

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    edited January 2023
    McCarthy now 0-11 on the eve of the two year anniversary of the insurrection-how totally lost in the wilderness have become the R's?  As long as CHEETO is still seemingly engaged with ever less influence this is a continuation of the clown show from the recent past.  And that is a sad indictment on the US House and Senate.
    Had the spineless Senate R's voted to convict CHEETO after the 1/6/2021 insurrection, CHEETO would not be eligible to again run for office.
    You reap what you sow.
    Edit:  off soap-box.  
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    @lousubcap - re the 0-11 statistic shared above; isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome?
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    McCarthy:

Let’s f*ck around and find out….
    (that was humiliating)

(that was humiliating)

(that was humiliating)

(that was humiliating)

(that was humiliating)

(that was humiliating)

(that was humiliating)

(that was humiliating)

(that was humiliating)

(that was humiliating)

(that was humiliating)
    edited January 2023
    Wondering Out Loud, Again:

After every vote, it sounds like mccarthy is offering more and more "concessions" to the Former MAGAts (they are now openly defying direction from traitor to vote for mccarthy, so they now need a new Title; suggestions?).  

The first one that I was aware of was, just five representatives now hold the power to hold a "Step Down!" vote, and effectively remove the Speaker, with no debate; that essentially removes ALL power, and leadership, from the Speakership.  

The latest one that I'm aware of is, promises from mccarthy to name all of the "Former MAGAts" to chairmanships of all the committees and subcommittees, eventually allowing this small minority to throttle anything the House can do.  

If one of these hourly votes suddenly flips en masse, and mccarthy is named Speaker, my blood will be running cold; that would signal to me that the FMAGAts now feel they have a stranglehold on the House.  They would then get sworn in/seated/assigned Chairmanships/paid, remove mccarthy upon his first motion, and Lord Help Us what happens after that.  

C'mon,  DoJ!  Do your fricking job!!!