Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Little cold here…

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,215
    Sloppy joes cooked on the wooodstove Xmas Eve. Roads now clear, still no power. Firing up the egg soon
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Braggart said:
    Greetings from the north...
    Holy sh!t!!!  
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Sloppy joes cooked on the wooodstove Xmas Eve. Roads now clear, still no power. Firing up the egg soon
    At least, based on my mental image of your crib, you have plenty of trees to keep your stove fueled up.
    At least, based on my mental image of your crib, you have plenty of trees to keep your stove fueled up.
    Giant pine forest,. Exterior chimney is not good for pine with the added creosote. I get mostly ash delivered, burns like coal. Rib roast is on, potatoes going in the stove soon, green beans and maybe the aujus wood stove top.
    fukahwee maine

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444

Man you’re from NH, shouldn’t you be walking around in shorts and laughing at the natives as they lose their minds?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn said:

Man you’re from NH, shouldn’t you be walking around in shorts and laughing at the natives as they lose their minds?
    Haha it truly doesn’t phase me, I just think the stuff this app comes up with is pretty funny.

I’ve worn shorts in NH when it was a balmy 16 degrees out.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,049
    Acn said:

Haha it truly doesn’t phase me, I just think the stuff this app comes up with is pretty funny.

Be honest, they were jorts.
    Not a felon
  • Legume said:
    Acn said:

Be honest, they were jorts.
    Haha nowhere near as cool.  
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,348
    The Cold around my area is planning to move along.  Looking forward to highs in the 40's beginning on Tuesday.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Legume
    Warmed up to 55 today.  Beautiful out but sloppy everywhere from the melt.

Not a felon
  • nolaegghead
    It’s been warming up today.  40 now, will drop down to 32F tonight and slowly work up to the 70s later this week.
    40 here.....indoors....still no power
    fukahwee maine

• 40 here.....indoors....still no power
    Might as well open the windows!  
  • fishlessman
    40 here.....indoors....still no power
    Might as well open the windows!  
    20 outside but feels warmer with the sun,. Might need to take a few days off just to clean pots pans etc
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,567
    Supposed to clear the teens today and above freezing by Tuesday.  Then spring like temps for a good week or so.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Rental house had a frozen burst pipe but with some sawzall surgery and a shark bite I think it’s good, we will see where the water goes when it is thawed.  Frozen exploded beer in shop refer.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin said:

Frozen exploded beer in shop refer.
    Devastating!
  • nolaegghead
    NoT a FrOzeN eXplOdEd bEeR!!!  AIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! =)
    NoT a FrOzeN eXplOdEd bEeR!!!  AIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! =)
    Seems risked fesca. No loss there froze on my front window. Can ripped the long way, jumped three feet
    fukahwee maine

• No real loss they were a gift for my sister! Pumpking 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Brings back memories of growing up though. We would put beer in the cooler to keep it from freezing.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Brings back memories of growing up though. We would put beer in the cooler to keep it from freezing.
    Yep, prime rib and aujus in the cooler now to keep it from freezing outside. Beertemp is the bedroom as we speak. Funny what you learn
    fukahwee maine

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    No thanks to the cold.   I would much rather sweat my butt off at 6:00am in the summer with 100% humidity and 82*F (climbing to 100*F).  

Probably the same reason my grandparents fled Scandinavia for the States (they too didn’t enjoy the cold).

I admire y’all that do suffer through this crazy cold.   That’s tough, takes a certain mindset and preparedness.   Wishing you all the best 
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • No thanks to the cold.   I would much rather sweat my butt off at 6:00am in the summer with 100% humidity and 82*F (climbing to 100*F).  

Probably the same reason my grandparents fled Scandinavia for the States (they too didn’t enjoy the cold).

I admire y’all that do suffer through this crazy cold.   That’s tough, takes a certain mindset and preparedness.   Wishing you all the best 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cLRrF1xUa9w
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    @TechsasJim Texas summers were shortening my life.
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,038
    No thanks to the cold.   I would much rather sweat my butt off at 6:00am in the summer with 100% humidity and 82*F (climbing to 100*F).  

That's what's nice about some "upward mobility", the chance to find a place to live that suits YOU.  
    I grew up in SD, and lived thru summers of 97% humidity/102˚temps, and 40mph winds/-20˚temps six months later.  And mosquitoes; MG the mosquitoes!  
    My boot camp in Sacramento, and later my assignment in Albuquerque, showed me the compatibility of high desert/arid climates for myself.  I chose my first civilian job in UT just to get that, and I've been happy (a bit colder than I'd like in the winter, but was an avid skier for many years so that was okay).  
    And almost no mosquitoes!   =)  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Legume said:
    @TechsasJim Texas summers were shortening my life.
    Funny you say that, not knowing your age, but I know several septuagenarians from the Midwest that say the inverse.  

To each their own is not just a saying, it’s real.   Everyone has their own needs/desires.   I fully respect that. 
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,200
    I love the desert.  Heat doesn't bother me, humidity and cold do.  I also don't like water.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL