Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Bought this out of curiosity anyone had it before?

Have not, but I’d be willing to bet that’s a lot better than many people would guess.  Let us know what you think.
    My verdict is that yes it is better than I expected. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Bought this out of curiosity anyone had it before?

Have not, but I’d be willing to bet that’s a lot better than many people would guess.  Let us know what you think.
    My verdict is that yes it is better than I expected. 
    Does this mean my samples aren’t en route?🤷🏼‍♂️😁
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629

Lowest price I’ve saw in a very long time. I thought maybe they were miss marked but all of the packs in the bin were the same per lb.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    With the bird flu situation, eggs here in Iowa are $3.76 right now.  For chicken to be that cheap, it must have had a cough and fever!

I am amazed to see chicken that cheap.  Enjoy!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Langner91 said:
    With the bird flu situation, eggs here in Iowa are $3.76 right now.  For chicken to be that cheap, it must have had a cough and fever!

I am amazed to see chicken that cheap.  Enjoy!
    We were paying 6.99/dozen just before TDay.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Mickey said:
    Just bought a Tacoma the other day.  The Lock’er Down safe and the UnderCover Elite bed cover plus seat warmers to be added next week

I see a real, leather-clad mechanical shift there, just like my '08.  Congrats!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Botch said:
    Mickey said:
    Just bought a Tacoma the other day.  The Lock’er Down safe and the UnderCover Elite bed cover plus seat warmers to be added next week

I see a real, leather-clad mechanical shift there, just like my '08.  Congrats!

Would have been nice but at 74 reality takes over. Mine is an automatic. This is the pic i ordered off of. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    WeberWho said:
    The inner kid in me made me do it. I'm not sure the last time I've bought a baseball card but it was kind of fun. Who knows how his career will pan out but I figure it might be the right time to buy it. He played pretty well last year before a season ending injury. 

My brother got back into cards about a year ago. They have made a come back in the past few years. He buys and trades via ebay and a few of the area card shops. It’s very much a “futures” market. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    WeberWho said:
    The inner kid in me made me do it. I'm not sure the last time I've bought a baseball card but it was kind of fun. Who knows how his career will pan out but I figure it might be the right time to buy it. He played pretty well last year before a season ending injury. 
    My brother got back into cards about a year ago. They have made a come back in the past few years. He buys and trades via ebay and a few of the area card shops. It’s very much a “futures” market. 
    My buddy has as well. The pandemic helped the card craze the past few years. Cards are starting to come back down again in value but neat to see the market comeback around. 

You're right about the "future's" market. Any real value in today's cards are very small number insert cards and one offs. Crazy money in those. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    My buddy has as well. The pandemic helped the card craze the past few years. Cards are starting to come back down again in value but neat to see the market comeback around. 

You're right about the "future's" market. Any real value in today's cards are very small number insert cards and one offs. Crazy money in those. 

My FIL has millions of cards in his basement. Just had to tell someone that.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• All organized in sets
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    I’ve got a great friend that has close to 100,000 Pokémon cards. Organized, separated, sleeved. His son ain’t allowed to touch em lol
  • ColbyLang said:
    I’ve got a great friend that has close to 100,000 Pokémon cards. Organized, separated, sleeved. His son ain’t allowed to touch em lol
    Nerd Alert! Him not you.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    Nerd Alert! Him not you.
    No doubt. He’s been collecting since he was a kid. Claims he’ll sell them off when the market is right and pay for his only daughters wedding lol
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Nerd Alert! Him not you.
    No doubt. He’s been collecting since he was a kid. Claims he’ll sell them off when the market is right and pay for his only daughters wedding lol
    The market has been insane over the last 2 years, I am willing to bet, if he didn't cash in yet, he missed the peak.  It is already cooling.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColbyLang
    She’s 5, he’s got boo coo time for another market refresh
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Nerd Alert! Him not you.

A lot of people thought that about Beanie Babies also. Has that market rebounded yet?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColbyLang
    Pokémon is odd. It was big early 90’s…..then died. Now the adults who had them when they were kids are introducing their kids to them. An entire resurgence of Japanime
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    HeavyG said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Nerd Alert! Him not you.

A lot of people thought that about Beanie Babies also. Has that market rebounded yet?
    Cards are different. Especially rare ones. This Pokemon card sold for over 5 million last year. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Nerd Alert! Him not you.
    One of my coworkers brothers did that with Lego sets.  He worked at a Lego store and always bought an extra of all the big sets when they came in, and would sell them on eBay (or a precursor earlier in the internet era) after the company retired them.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Also…gonna be a rough end of the year with some work deadlines and traveling to both NC and Maine for the holidays.  Wine order has been placed, delivery expected between 10-12 tomorrow.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    WeberWho said:
    HeavyG said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Nerd Alert! Him not you.

Cards are different. Especially rare ones. This Pokemon card sold for over 5 million last year. 

True - but that sale (and that card) was a weird outlier. I doubt that if that card went back on the market now it would fetch that price. But who knows as we still live in crazy times.
    The vast majority of Pokemon cards, Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch dolls, etc. are near worthless (apart from any sentimental value some may place on them).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    I've only purchased one "may be worth something someday" item; this double CD:

...and I wasn't planning on it possibly being a collector's item.  But it was released on September 11th, 2001 (!!!).  Saw on the news the next morning, all copies had been pulled from the shelves.

I have the studio album of SfNY, and now the DVD concert of the same (actually, a pretty depressing concept piece).  I've not taken off the shrinkwrap from this CD, have no idea if it's worth anything or not.  Will check on it someday.    

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    More d@mn Kuiu gear.   Then I’m off to the Forloh shop in Austin in a couple weeks.   Doing a wholesale change on my hunting gear.   

Maddening.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColbyLang
    More d@mn Kuiu gear.   Then I’m off to the Forloh shop in Austin in a couple weeks.   Doing a wholesale change on my hunting gear.   

Maddening.  
    I’d be in the same boat if they ever restocked the Axis thermal jacket