Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg Pizza Wedge

Options

Comments

• cookingdude555
    Options
    I’m gonna buy one. For science. And it’s only $129. Then Tim will accept my pizza offerings without telling me how much cooler he is than me. 
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Do these cook the pizza evenly?   The issue on the Egg is getting the top and bottom done at the same time.  Took me years to figure that out for the way I like it.   I assume the Canadian price will stop me from buying.

Also, do you lose the benefit of the Egg by using this?   What I mean does it only take advantage of the heat, not the Egg "taste"
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    Show the medium some love and build to accommodate. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Grogu
    Grogu Posts: 125
    Options
    EggNorth said:
    Do these cook the pizza evenly?   The issue on the Egg is getting the top and bottom done at the same time.  Took me years to figure that out for the way I like it.   I assume the Canadian price will stop me from buying.

Also, do you lose the benefit of the Egg by using this?   What I mean does it only take advantage of the heat, not the Egg "taste"
    Purely theory on my part here, but… with the opening in the front you should get draft over the top of the pizza for the hot air to leave the egg. That would create a convection heat across the top that I would think would help cook the top. I might be tempted to bank the fire to the back of the firebox to promote the back to front flow and plan to spin the pizza part way through the cook. Flavor wise, you should still have the ceramic giving off radiant heat and you still have your charcoal heat source for the wood fired taste. I could let you know for sure if they made one for the XL :p
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    I see in the pics the Egg does not have a gasket, is that on purpose?
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Which pics are you looking at? The ones Buffalo posted have the stock gasket. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Eggspander               $259
    Pizza wedge              $129
    Conveggtor basket    $114
    Conveggtor               $129
    Pizza stone               $  55
                                    $686

They’re trying to drive off “The Poors”…..

I’m outta here!

TTFN-MFs
    Options
    My current setup with CGS Adj rig works fine for me
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Free marketing advice:

make and sell briquettes designed for pizza that is made mostly out of very low sulfur coal (VLSC) and form them in BGE egg shapes.   Sell at 0.50 lb.  A cheaper alternative to lump for high temp cooks.
                                    $686

Papa Murphy’s pizza.     $15
    Less member discount.   -$5
    Total                                $10
    Electricity for oven.       $0.25
    Total cost all in + tax.   $10.25
    x 52 weeks (Fridays) = $533.00
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Yeah but if you buy all that papa murphys pizza, you might have to eat it too.  Seems risky.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,690
    Options
                                    $686

Or you could negotiate that into the purchase of a new home.  ;)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Grogu
    Options
                                    $686

Basket is part of the eggspander, so that’s duplicating a cost. I don’t think either would be required because you could just set the grate on a conveggtor? The conveggtor (or the eggspander with half moon stones) you would already own for other purposes of the egg. Leaving the total investment to add this to an already existing egg setup at $184 assuming you don’t already own a pizza stone. Otherwise you might as well add the cost of the egg into the equation.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,839
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Grogu said:
                                    $686

Basket is part of the eggspander, so that’s duplicating a cost. I don’t think either would be required because you could just set the grate on a conveggtor? The conveggtor (or the eggspander with half moon stones) you would already own for other purposes of the egg. Leaving the total investment to add this to an already existing egg setup at $184 assuming you don’t already own a pizza stone. Otherwise you might as well add the cost of the egg into the equation.

i dont have any of those things but could make due with my fire bricks and the backside of a fry pan.....the egg really has gotten complicated over the last 20 years =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    How do you shut the egg down after a cook?
    Pull red but wedges out?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Grogu
    Options
    Grogu said:
                                    $686

i dont have any of those things but could make due with my fire bricks and the backside of a fry pan.....the egg really has gotten complicated over the last 20 years =)
    Apparently, whatever gets ya to bum level brother  ;)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,795
    Options
    With the money that the vast majority of you have I can’t understand why price is even being discussed. You are sitting in a 500 million dollar mansion, flying around in a personal jet and/or helicopter, driving a multimillion dollar automobile, and yet complaining about a few hundred bucks. For the love of God people. Most of you spent more on breakfast than I will make in a year. So just reach down into those very deep pockets or pull out that extremely fat, overstuffed wallet and quit whining 🤪

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,795
    Options
    If I had y’all’s money I would buy 100 of them just to be supportive.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    With the money that the vast majority of you have I can’t understand why price is even being discussed. You are sitting in a 500 million dollar mansion, flying around in a personal jet and/or helicopter, driving a multimillion dollar automobile, and yet complaining about a few hundred bucks. For the love of God people. Most of you spent more on breakfast than I will make in a year. So just reach down into those very deep pockets or pull out that extremely fat, overstuffed wallet and quit whining 🤪

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    SGH said:

Preach on!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • johnmitchell
    Options
                                    $686

You never factored in the additional bog roll
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited December 2022
    Options
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    edited December 2022
    Options
                                    $686

You never factored in the additional bog roll
    :rofl:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Grogu said:
    Grogu said:
                                    $686

when i used to cook pizza in the egg, 900 to 1200 dome. a tank end similar to a wok, filled with sand and a pizza stone sitting on top. heres a 1200 f cook, about 53 seconds including rotation. that blue flame forms a ball that hovers over the pie

fukahwee maine

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Yep, very irritating. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,210
    Options
    Grogu said:
    Grogu said:
                                    $686

when i used to cook pizza in the egg, 900 to 1200 dome. a tank end similar to a wok, filled with sand and a pizza stone sitting on top. heres a 1200 f cook, about 53 seconds including rotation. that blue flame forms a ball that hovers over the pie

I always find the process inefficient.  I spend 1hr getting everything up to temp and heat soaked, then cook it for <2min.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Grogu said:
    Grogu said:
                                    $686

I always find the process inefficient.  I spend 1hr getting everything up to temp and heat soaked, then cook it for <2min.

pretty much why i stopped making pizza at home. that and opening that dome at 1200
    fukahwee maine