Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg Pizza Wedge

Options

Used with an EGGspander, convEGGtor Basket, and a convEGGtor, the Pizza Oven Wedges create a traditional brick oven setup with an easily accessible front opening that makes quick work of sliding pizzas in and out of the EGG.

• The front opening allows cooks to monitor pizzas, breads or other baked goods as they cook, delivering recipes baked to your preferred level of doneness
  • With the wedges in place, the EGG temperature holds for hours where you set it, in a range from 400°F/204°C to 700°F/370°C. The insulating ceramics of the EGG enable the heat retention needed for even cooking, even when baking multiple pizzas
  • Two cast aluminum wedges are easy to handle and store with no rusting
  • For pizzas up to 14 inches (36 cm)
https://biggreenegg.com/product/pizza-oven-wedges-large-egg/

Coming to you from the Mothership!

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Pass.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Pass.
    Tim disagrees.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    What a refreshing new idea.
    Hahaha 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Tough crowd lol
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Personally, I think it is pretty cool.  If you do not have room for alternate cooking devices, then this would be great if you loved pizza.  The opening is also large enough you could maybe use it to cook other proteins in more of a wood fired oven sort of way?  Overall a interesting addition to the BGE arsenal.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Hmm, 30 minutes' work with a rat-tail file, and this $42 number from Amazoid:

...and you have a <$200 rotisserie for your Large.  
    Things that make you go "Hmmm".  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• The_Buffalo
    Options
    Eggspander               $259
    Pizza wedge              $129
    Conveggtor basket    $114
    Conveggtor               $129
    Pizza stone               $  55
                                    $686

Don't need the EGGspander just the convEGGtor basket.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Personally, I think it is pretty cool.  If you do not have room for alternate cooking devices, then this would be great if you loved pizza.  The opening is also large enough you could maybe use it to cook other proteins in more of a wood fired oven sort of way?  Overall a interesting addition to the BGE arsenal.
    Yep, I actually agree with this.  A big caveat but some folks likely fall into that category.  

And actually at $120 this thing isn't too badly priced as far as BGE accessories go.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    edited November 2022
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    SonVolt said:
    Pass.
    Tim disagrees.

God bless him. 

B) 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • The_Buffalo
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Pass.
    That is your prerogative. That being said, there have been plenty of EGGheads asking for this type of product. I'm just glad we are all cooking/grilling & smoking outdoors!

• SonVolt
    edited November 2022
    Options
    That is your prerogative. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Botch said:

Try to close the dome with that rig. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    Options
                                    $686

I would click "agree" but...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Wait, we’re supposed to cook outdoors?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,534
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Botch said:

I almost pulled the trigger on a Pizza Porta few years ago, was going to Mcgyver it to accommodate a ‘more than free’ universal rotisserie kit.

edit: thought I’d explain the more than free rotis kit…bought an old gasser on Kijiji (CL killer here) for $50 and flipped it for $75 IIRC, kept the brand new rotis kit that came with it. Built a redneck XL rotis with it + drum from a dead dryer.
    canuckland
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
                                    $686

What is a convecgoator basket?
    NOLA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i like it though has it been tested for 1200f degree pizzas yet
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    buzd504 said:
                                    $686

Think PSWoo lol
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Agree 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    A distant cousin of the discombobulater 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Grogu
    Grogu Posts: 125
    Options
    I’m bummed it appears to only be available for the large, so I can’t get one for my XL. Yes, I could get a dedicated pizza oven, but I’m only allowed so much of the back patio, and when your better half allows you to spend too much money on a grill you don’t argue about how much patio space you get  ;) Yes, I can just open the lid to cook a pizza, but I didn’t spend too much money on a grill to be boring and practical  =)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Coming back on topic, I've always looked at the roti ring type of accessories, or pizza accessories that sit atop grills and thought "storing that thing must be cumbersome."

This seems much easier to tuck away in a corner. So, its got that going for it. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    caliking said:
    Coming back on topic, I've always looked at the roti ring type of accessories, or pizza accessories that sit atop grills and thought "storing that thing must be cumbersome."

This seems much easier to tuck away in a corner. So, its got that going for it. 

which is nice
    NOLA
  • cookingdude555
    Options
                                    $686

Being the coolest dad on the block....   PRICELESS
    Was the egg free?  =)