Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best BGE Holiday

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,211
edited November 2022 in EggHead Forum
@lousubcap said:
To not create a S--- storm here, a separate, great and likely divisive thread would be "What is your favorite holiday?"

Since I'm not gonna do it-My winner and second place...
July Fourth- without that one, all else fails.
Thanksgiving- about as non confrontational as you can get in this day and age. When you wish someone "Happy Thanksgiving" no one gets PO'd.  
FWIW-
-------------------------------------------------------

Christmas is mine.  Thanksgiving is very devisive; some claim it is based on a lie and a symbol of oppression and subjugation.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Christmas is my favorite followed very closely by April 18th. For those not in the know, that’s National Anal Day. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,582
    Since the question has been reframed as "Best BGE Holiday" in that regard the winner by several orders of magnitude is May 28, National Brisket Day!" B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    Since the question has been reframed as "Best BGE Holiday" in that regard the winner by several orders of magnitude is May 28, National Brisket Day!" B)
    That was to keep the buffalo off our scent.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Christmas is my personal favorite. Arbor Day is probably next. 

Best BGE holiday for me is probably Thanksgiving because the turkey on there is just so dang good. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,975
    .My favorite has always been July 4th  since that is my birthday! However my last BD was #78, so the closer I get to the proverbial end of the conveyor belt of life then I want that sucker to SLOW DOWN!

Otherwise my favorite has always been the warm and fuzzy Christmas season!
  • Kwanzaa all the way.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    SGH said:
    Christmas is my favorite followed very closely by April 18th. For those not in the know, that’s National Anal Day. 
    I always thought Ansl Day was the 3rd. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • This will probably be the first year in 10 that I won’t be Egging a turkey for Thanksgiving. The relatives will be heading in all different directions. Mom has to severely limit salt anyway and I can’t make a good one without it anyway. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    This will probably be the first year in 10 that I won’t be Egging a turkey for Thanksgiving. The relatives will be heading in all different directions. Mom has to severely limit salt anyway and I can’t make a good one without it anyway. 
    I'm planning a prime rib.  SiL wants a turkey really bad, but nobody else really does.

• Father’s Day. Usually get woken up “in that special way” and then grill something later. Plus, I got my 1st egg on Father’s Day 2006 after being woken up “in that special way”. That was a very good day. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Just the one day a year?? Bummer.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG said:
    Just the one day a year?? Bummer.
    No. And your “special way” might be different that mine ha ha. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,230
    St pats week
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,806
    Thanksgiving. Hands down. 

Cook a lot, get your friends/family/loved ones together, and eat. And, drink. And, hopefully laugh a lot. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,230
    caliking said:
    Thanksgiving. Hands down. 

Cook a lot, get your friends/family/loved ones together, and eat. And, drink. And, hopefully laugh a lot. 
    Fully agree with this. Tday is easy, fun, no pressures like Xmas. Family, friends stopping  over later etc. Starts wednesday
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Christmas by far.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.