Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bo Jo No Mo

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    That's certainly one way to get in the history books and become a question on a pub quiz decades from now...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited October 2022
    Bo Jo may be one more.  Heard he is going to compete to be the new PM.

UK, making the US look sane.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited October 2022
    I really thought Bonar Law would have more staying power. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    in God we truss, lettuce pray.
    canuckland
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Well played, Lizzy. Well played. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited October 2022
    UK, making the US look sane.
    Let's not get carried away, here....  ;)  Don't force me to whip out my badge!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dmchicago said:
    Well played, Lizzy. Well played. 
    Trump is thinking “why didn’t I think of that?”
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
     I think former US presidents receive a generous pension plus various perks.  In trump's case, since he made a show of taking no salary and thus made no contributions, it may be different?
    At any rate, there are multiple democracies (looking at you USA in particular) in a state of disarray and in my mind that is a dangerous place to be. 
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    edited October 2022
    dbCooper said:
    In trump's case, since he made a show of taking no salary and thus made no contributions, it may be different?
    Did this actually happen?  I don't know for sure.
    We DO know that he's overcharging, by magnitudes, for his Secret Service detail, both while in office and now.  And his donation train for "republican races", we know where most (all?) of that money went, too.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    From the UK today and worth a read about where the R's are positioned-
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-politics-63320605?utm_  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    We'll need to change the thread title to : Oh no, not more Bo Jo
    That's right - he's mounting a comeback.  I kid you not. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905 said:
    We'll need to change the thread title to : Oh no, not more Bo Jo
    That's right - he's mounting a comeback.  I kid you not. 
    This is sort of like a dog returning to its vomit, isn’t it?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Mo Bo Jo Mojo
    canuckland

• Seems the populace is taking it well ha ha. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CPFC1905
    A popular remark on Twitter, which I don't doubt has been used elsewhere, is;
    'if you think Boris is the answer, you haven't understood the question'
  • CPFC1905
    Oh hello, Bo Jo say no go
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2022
    I find it interesting that the new PM is of South Asian descent and is richer than the royal family.

The interest comes from the historical view.  Britian, as most conquering empires, mistreated her subjects.  A simplistic view could now say her subjects have become the ruling class.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Canugghead
    I find it interesting that the new PM is of South Asian descent and is richer than the royal family.

The interest comes from the historical view.  Britian, as most conquering empires, mistreated her subjects.  A simplistic view could now say her subjects have become the ruling class.
    In the 75th year of independence from the British raj, also first day of Diwali (festival of lights).
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Devil and the Deep Blue Sea behind me,
    Vanish in the air, you'll never find me,
    I will turn your face to Alabaster,
    When you find, your servant is your Master...

Sting, Wrapped Around Your Finger, album Synchronicity

• CPFC1905

In the 75th year of independence from the British raj, also first day of Diwali (festival of lights).
    Yes, I see your point; it's all a conspiracy.
  • CPFC1905
    Botch said:
    Devil and the Deep Blue Sea behind me,
    Vanish in the air, you'll never find me,
    I will turn your face to Alabaster,
    When you find, your servant is your Master...

Sting, Wrapped Around Your Finger, album Synchronicity
    Really?  You think now is time to turn to tantric jungle botherer Gordon 'Sting' Sumner?   Is that how fare we've fallen? 
  • CPFC1905
    In other news I see Great Uncle Joe got tricked by the mischievous garden pixie again when it moved all the flowers and paths while he had been distracted talking to the press. 
  • Canugghead

Canugghead said:
    Enjoying another amazing sunset, near Wolfville in Nova Scotia. 

Visiting NS again, or should I say welcome to canuckistan?
    @Canugghead you may be able to say that a lot sooner than I thought. In an unexpected turn of events, within the last 24 hours it's gone from far off dream to close reality. Exciting, if somewhat scary, times.
    --------------------
    Don't want to jeopardize WAYDRN in case this goes sideways. Wonder why the  urgency, afraid of another lettuce challenge?
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    CPFC1905 said:
    In other news I see Great Uncle Joe got tricked by the mischievous garden pixie again when it moved all the flowers and paths while he had been distracted talking to the press. 
    I am curious, this seems a point of contention.  I know next to nothing about our Ex-Empire's ruling elite, but is this new PM not well liked?

Also, bravo to the UK for your super quick elections and stuff.  We cannot even count ballots in 44 days, and yet you have elected 2 prime ministers.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    CPFC1905 said:
    I am curious, this seems a point of contention.  I know next to nothing about our Ex-Empire's ruling elite, but is this new PM not well liked?

Also, bravo to the UK for your super quick elections and stuff.  We cannot even count ballots in 44 days, and yet you have elected 2 prime ministers.
    Prime Minister isn’t directly elected by the people.  The equivalent here would be the speaker of the house becomes the president as elected by the majority party in the house.
  • Legume
    So they can pivot quickly if they really need to, but it’s just another member of the same party unless the majority has flipped.  Considering how long Thatcher and Major were PMs, those were incredible runs with the same party carrying a majority.
  • CPFC1905
    Ok this is going to be boring but I think this is how it works, here
    A general election is held every 4 or 5 years, the party in power decides when exactly
    a prime minister is invariably the leader of a party,
    the leader is picked by the party membership - usually, but sometimes just the MPs, 
    at a general election eligible voters choose from candidates put up by parties in their constituency, 
    there are 650 constituencies that selects an MP on the basis of that vote, most votes wins and there’s no minimum votes to make it viable and there is not a ‘none of the above’ option on the ballot paper,
    constituencies are different sizes so a total count of all votes is irrelevant,
    the winning party is the one with most MPs,
    50% plus one gives the party a working majority,
    occiaisnally there has to be a pact between two parties to get across the line. 
    a sitting prime minister can lose their majority but remain in power, or indeed gain a bigger majority 
    a party can pass a vote of no confidence to oust a leader - or they be persuaded to go 
    that does not predicate a general election, just pick another one to have a turn, 
    a general election can be forced but that is rare. 

Can’t be bothered to Google but I think Tony Blair was the last PM to come to power via general election (1997) and then win the next one as well. 

Hope that helps, errors and omissions excepted. 
  • Legume
    Thanks for clarifying.
    There’s a fluidity in there that seems like it would be nice to have, but I’m sure that depends on which side of the aisle you align.
  • Legume
    Regardless of the system, electing people not suited to govern seems to always turn out the same.
  • CPFC1905
    Legume said:
    Thanks for clarifying.
    There’s a fluidity in there that seems like it would be nice to have, but I’m sure that depends on which side of the aisle you align.
    It’s that special kind of fluidity that allows you to retain power.  Whether that is possible inside the laws of physics would need someone with the brains of @JohnInCarolina to help us with.