Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Get some money over to OBR... Its Cub Scout popcorn season again!

Options
How time flies! Whodathunk popcorn season would be upon us so soon??

Same rules as last year -  if you buy popcorn, I will match your purchase with a donation to Operation BBQ Relief, or to any other charity of your choice. 

If popcorn isn't your thing, you can make a donation to "Heroes & Helpers", and I'll match it, as above.

Here's the link:

https://www.trails-end.com/store/scout/QGAN8E7Y?share=LGGH5PLD

When I asked caliprince what our strategy was going to be this year, he said "First, we have to talk to the eggheads. Then, we'll go around the neighborhood with the wagon". A bunch of folks bought stuff from him last year, he got a good many points, money was donated to OBR and some other charities. There were some good vibes in the universe.

Yes, I know it would be far easier, (and cheaper) for me to just buy his stash of popcorn, and be done with all this in 15mins flat. But, that would suck. 

caliprince is a Bear this year, and super excited about earning his Whittling Badge. We've had a blast camping, etc.  with the Pack, and are looking forward to another fun, great year :)

(He said that’s the best he could smile for a picture).

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    already got bamboozled by a young hot mom in a scout leader uniform with her young scout. i didnt stand a chance........my scout leader didnt look like that :D  i think it broke down to 16 dollars to talk to the mom and 1 dollar for the carmel popcorn =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Done
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    already got bamboozled by a young hot mom in a scout leader uniform with her young scout. i didnt stand a chance........my scout leader didnt look like that :D  i think it broke down to 16 dollars to talk to the mom and 1 dollar for the carmel popcorn =)
    That's a great deal... for the popcorn!

• johnmitchell
    Options
    By the way that is a good looking young man
  • caliking
    Options
    Done
    Thank you, sir!

Please PM me with your email add, so I can send the receipt for the matched donation. Also, let me know if you would like the donation to go to OBR, or a different charity.

• caliking
    Options
    By the way that is a good looking young man
    Yup, takes after his dad =)

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    I will jump in this evening after I take care of some home-brew (not beer) issues.  I may need to do a bit of finessing as I just hopped on the SRF sale, but no worries the couch is a popular landing zone.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    caliking said:
    Done
    Thank you, sir!

Please PM me with your email add, so I can send the receipt for the matched donation. Also, let me know if you would like the donation to go to OBR, or a different charity.
    How do I pm you as your profile is private or am I just being stupid 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    How time flies! Whodathunk popcorn season would be upon us so soon??

Same rules as last year -  if you buy popcorn, I will match your purchase with a donation to Operation BBQ Relief, or to any other charity of your choice. 

If popcorn isn't your thing, you can make a donation to "Heroes & Helpers", and I'll match it, as above.

Here's the link:

https://www.trails-end.com/store/scout/QGAN8E7Y?share=LGGH5PLD

When I asked caliprince what our strategy was going to be this year, he said "First, we have to talk to the eggheads. Then, we'll go around the neighborhood with the wagon". A bunch of folks bought stuff from him last year, he got a good many points, money was donated to OBR and some other charities. There were some good vibes in the universe.

Yes, I know it would be far easier, (and cheaper) for me to just buy his stash of popcorn, and be done with all this in 15mins flat. But, that would suck. 

caliprince is a Bear this year, and super excited about earning his Whittling Badge. We've had a blast camping, etc.  with the Pack, and are looking forward to another fun, great year :)

(He said that’s the best he could smile for a picture).

I'll play.

But first...What happened to little Indro????? My goodness he looks like a different person since I've seen him last.

That boy looks like his daddy (thankfully with enough Sruti to smooth out the rough edges ha ha).
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    If I use the link above to visit the page and purchase will your boy get credit for it or do I need to do something different?
    Snellville, GA

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Done!
  • caliking
    Options
    caliking said:
    Done
    Thank you, sir!

You should be able to go to your inbox --> click "new message" --> type my handle in the recipient box. Let me know here if that doesn't work.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    If I use the link above to visit the page and purchase will your boy get credit for it or do I need to do something different?
    Indro gets credit for donations and purchases from that link. I donated and It said his name and thanks for supporting him. 
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Done
    Thank you, sir!

You should be able to go to your inbox --> click "new message" --> type my handle in the recipient box. Let me know here if that doesn't work.
    I tried that but no luck
  • caliking
    Options

I'll play.

But first...What happened to little Indro????? My goodness he looks like a different person since I've seen him last.

That boy looks like his daddy (thankfully with enough Sruti to smooth out the rough edges ha ha).

I know. He talks, and deals, like a contract lawyer. And, yeah... thank goodness for caliqueen's genetic smoothing outening!

Let me know where you want the match to go. Thanks!

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Done. 
    Snellville, GA

• johnmitchell
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Done
    Thank you, sir!

I tried that but no luck
    All good now pm sent
  • caliking
    Options
    If you click on the link at the top of this thread and make a purchase, then caliprince and his Pack will get credit. You shouldn't have to do anything else.

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Yeah I did exactly that. No issues. Glad to be a small part of his journey. He has a bright future ahead. 
    Snellville, GA

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Done. And man he’s growing up fast 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• caliking
    Options
    Thanks to all who jumped in ! 

I will be sending out the first lot of matching donations tonight, and will update you with the receipts. 

Y'all are going to cost me some $$ :)

• lousubcap
    Options
    @caliking you've got that right.
    Same deal with mother nature this year as I always order the chocolate pretzels.  Delivery timing climate change driven.  Glad to participate once again.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @caliking you've got that right.
    Same deal with mother nature this year as I always order the chocolate pretzels.  Delivery timing climate change driven.  Glad to participate once again.  
    Thank you, sir. I figured the pretzels would lure you in again =)

I should point out that y'all have already matched last year's sales to eggheads. In less than a day. Your support is very much appreciated. 

• caliking
    Options
    I sent out the matching donations to OBR last night, so folks should have received an acknowledgement (email) of the same.

A member mentioned that it may be helpful to explain the popcorn pricing. My understanding is that about 1/3rd goes to the national organization, 1/3 goes to the local unit, and the remaining 1/3rd is the cost of the product. More of the Heroes & Helpers donations (which can be made in any multiple of $1) goes to the local unit (I think).

Individual scouts get points for each $1 of sales, which are tallied at the end for them to win rewards/prizes. They receive an extra 25% points credit for online/ credit card sales.

Again, thanks for supporting a Cub Scout!

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    I sent out the matching donations to OBR last night, so folks should have received an acknowledgement (email) of the same.

A member mentioned that it may be helpful to explain the popcorn pricing. My understanding is that about 1/3rd goes to the national organization, 1/3 goes to the local unit, and the remaining 1/3rd is the cost of the product. More of the Heroes & Helpers donations (which can be made in any multiple of $1) goes to the local unit (I think).

Individual scouts get points for each $1 of sales, which are tallied at the end for them to win rewards/prizes. They receive an extra 25% points credit for online/ credit card sales.

Again, thanks for supporting a Cub Scout!
    Confirmed. Got my receipt last night.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
  • caliking
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Done
    Thank you!

Please let me know if you would like the matching donation to be sent to a charity other than OBR.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
    caliking said:
    lkapigian said:
    Done
    Thank you!

Please let me know if you would like the matching donation to be sent to a charity other than OBR.
    anywhere you like my friend 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    Options
    @lkapigian - you should have received acknowledgement of a donation made to OBR.

With a couple of weeks left,  it seems that there's a good chance I'll end up doubling the matched donations I made to OBR last year. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    @caliking- Moore's Law of Cub Scouting in action!