Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Celebrating Covid Juice shot #5 however no shot I will ever get (or have recalled getting) will come close to the euphoria I felt when Covid #1 went in in January 2021.  Flu shot in a couple of weeks.  Better living thru chemistry.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    edited September 2022
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Celebrating Covid Juice shot #5 however no shot I will ever get (or have recalled getting) will come close to the euphoria I felt when Covid #1 went in in January 2021.  Flu shot in a couple of weeks.  Better living thru chemistry.  
    You should try opium.

(Bad joke and in poor taste, I know, but I have no self-control)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options

Not exactly mixing it up but my wife bought a sign to go on the shelf above one of our toilets that says "best seat in the house." I found that odd that a woman bought that.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I remember my Dad hanging this in the bathroom. 

My Mom didn't find the humor in it and it only lasted so long. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    Was in a mtg this morning.  Leadership was trying to roll out a major change that will impact all employees.  It is not being managed well at all.

There was a pause while they waited for feedback.  I finally filled the silence with: "This is being managed almost as well as Putin manages a war."

I might be looking for a job.
    Reminds of that time I belted out “That’s what she said” after the CFO said some during an all staff meeting. HR was not impressed 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    You boys could use a lesson in how we do things down at corporate.  No room for any of this grab-assing, we’re professionals and if we play our cards right, we get a copy of an email from our boss to the CEO.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Was in a mtg this morning.  Leadership was trying to roll out a major change that will impact all employees.  It is not being managed well at all.

There was a pause while they waited for feedback.  I finally filled the silence with: "This is being managed almost as well as Putin manages a war."

Or you will get promoted to "Manager of the change that will impact all employees."
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Or you will get promoted to "Manager of the change that will impact all employees."
    This. You’re a likable guy. (At least on this forum.) Seem to be level headed. Have great ideas. You might be getting the promotion you weren’t looking for by being the guy who spoke up. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Botch said:
    Finally, my Sirius XM service stopped.
    The next day, the very next f***ing day, they send me a letter saying they wanted me back, only $99/the first year.
    That was this past winter.
    Today, I get another offer from them: $5/month, for two years.  Bastiges.  I read the fine print on the bottom, have to use a CC (so my check idea won't work), but it also referenced the customer service agreement on their website, which stated how to cancel by either using their website, or calling them.  IF I'm to trust that, it might be worth signing up again, although I'm still so angry with them charging my credit card for 3 months after written termination instructions, I may just instead be happy my car has a CD player.  I'm also considering opening a second CC just for Sirius, then turning it off at the end of two years, although that could reflect negatively on my credit score.  Will have to think about this over a couple days; if @shtgunal3 only took 5 minutes, perhaps they've changed their ways.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    Finally, my Sirius XM service stopped.
    The next day, the very next f***ing day, they send me a letter saying they wanted me back, only $99/the first year.
    That was this past winter.
    Today, I get another offer from them: $5/month, for two years.  Bastiges.  I read the fine print on the bottom, have to use a CC (so my check idea won't work), but it also referenced the customer service agreement on their website, which stated how to cancel by either using their website, or calling them.  IF I'm to trust that, it might be worth signing up again, although I'm still so angry with them charging my credit card for 3 months after written termination instructions, I may just instead be happy my car has a CD player.  I'm also considering opening a second CC just for Sirius, then turning it off at the end of two years, although that could reflect negatively on my credit score.  Will have to think about this over a couple days; if @shtgunal3 only took 5 minutes, perhaps they've changed their ways.  
    Last I checked, when you click "cancel" on their website a pop-up with their phone number comes up.

If you get a Platinum Amex they will reburse you for $25/month for XM.  So I don't bother calling anymore.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    kl8ton said:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    grilling 3 Richard's boudin links on da mini!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • lousubcap
    Options
    For certain lifestyles I get the attraction of Sirius XM, but having been gifted a few three month free trials over the past three years there is no way I would give them anything.  Helps being in the every day Saturday lifestyle but cone 'on.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    For certain lifestyles I get the attraction of Sirius XM, but having been gifted a few three month free trials over the past three years there is no way I would give them anything.  Helps being in the every day Saturday lifestyle but cone 'on.  
    They don't "ask" for your CC number first before giving you a 3-month free trial?  That's interesting to know.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    Last I checked, when you click "cancel" on their website a pop-up with their phone number comes up.
    And that's  exactly the info I needed.  Thank you, Ozzie!  

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Botch - you are correct.  I get a snail mail offer (granted after spending some $$ at a car service center) with an activation code and then away we go.  
    Perhaps I'm getting the true high age deal offer.   B)
    Once I use the offer I then get flooded with continuation snail mail offers, generally in the $6/ month for a year deal.  For me NFW- (No F'ing Way).  
    But like I said earlier, it can definitely compliment your driving/butt in the seat lifestyle.  FWIW-
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    **** IRS.  Quarterly estimated payments are due today.  Hey, lets plan maintenance today.  That it is great **** plan.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    @Botch they were trying to keep me going for 4.95 a month or 7.95 with Stern. I said 4.95 with Stern or nothing and that never happened. I don’t commute but with all the podcasts and music apps I don’t see any reason to pay Sirius. They are running a outdated business model and banking on their pre installed gizmos roping you in but with Bluetooth on a vehicle I have plenty of options. A lot of people pay for it and don’t think twice.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    **** IRS.  Quarterly estimated payments are due today.  Hey, lets plan maintenance today.  That it is great **** plan.

Whew! We got ours in today before outage. I like how there is a due date but estimated payments are optional. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Shopping for a different yeast company. 35% price increase looming after an already 20% in April. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2022
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Shopping for a different yeast company. 35% price increase looming after an already 20% in April. 
    Yikes!  That is brutal.  People are going to run out of places to cut/save/hide these price increaes.

My wife has cut a lot of discretionary expenses out of her business, she is prepping for a really bad next 6+ months.
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    Is anyone else having an issue where if you click on a thread it takes you to the last post on the thread instead of where you left off last time like it usually does?
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Yikes!  That is brutal.  People are going to run out of places to cut/save/hide these price increaes.

My wife has cut a lot of discretionary expenses out of her business, she is prepping for a really bad next 6+ months.
    And someone’s discretionary expenses are someone else’s main business income. I am thinking that it might be bad for 1 to 2 years actually.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

And someone’s discretionary expenses are someone else’s main business income. I am thinking that it might be bad for 1 to 2 years actually.
    That is a real good point.  She has also had a lot of people reaching out to her, who previously were hard to get on the schedule.  Now they are hustling to find work.