Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Legume said:
    GregW said:
    kl8ton said:
    caliking said:
    Sister lives in Michigan, and has a stone firepit in the backyard (built by previous owner). She also has a cantankerous neighbor, who calls the city fire dept every time she lights it. Fire dept. has come out, been very nice, and apologized that my sis has such a crabby neighbor. 

The loophole= cooking fires are allowed, and not covered by the rule/law. So she puts a single hotdog on the spark arrestor thing. Fire dept has given her the thumbs up for this =)
    If I had that kind of neighbor I would really have to fight the urge to have wet smoldering nasty wood burning all day everyday. . . with a hotdog nearby. Good grief. They probably can't have bass boats either!
    I had a neighbor who had a couple of very annoying dogs that would bark constantly every time they heard me walk out on the back deck- the dogs can't even see me, but they hear me. I got the message across to the dogs owner that this behavior was unacceptable by throwing a old tire in the burn barrel. Thick black choking smoke a few times got their attention.
    I’ll be honest, I read this not paying attention to who wrote it and then was surprised it wasn’t fishlessman. 

im saving tires to grow potatoes.  all my neighbors have big burn pits, dont think anyone of them would not throw a tire in, self included.  last week was a mattress, box spring, and some plastic lawn chairs, people just came over with a bottle in their hands and some cups.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    If someone posts in the "what are you doing now" thread that they are "sipping some chickencock" I think I'll now have a better chance of creating their intended mental picture. Maybe.

you know it will be a french canadian......testing the waters to see if we can still pick on the french.....not that i would stop anyways.... =)
    👀

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Canugghead

It goes without saying, but please be sure to post the cook - if you’re not eating raw, that is. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    @Canugghead - "Here's lookin' at you..."  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    I guess I’m not technically buying now. I bought it six weeks ago, finally just came in. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Saw this at Costco, I prefer my whisky from grain, but to each their own.

In South Carolina we call this Holy Water….

hahahahhaha. I’m just kidding 
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lousubcap

The past you literally surprise-gifted the future you. So thoughtful. Hope the past you decided against a certain five-letter shipping company option, lest you have wished to surprise-draw your own ire. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Platinum Girl Scout Cookie 

Nice. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    @Canugghead

It goes without saying, but please be sure to post the cook - if you’re not eating raw, that is. 

We steamed it with simple mild seasoning of salt, fresh ginger, soy sauce and home made sweet glutinous rice wine, to let the freshness shine. The fatty cheeks were the bomb, skin was loaded with fat beneath, we had omega-3 overdose.

Oh my!  Salmon cheek and skin is one of my absolute favorites.  That is mouthwatering right there!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    @Canugghead

We steamed it with simple mild seasoning of salt, fresh ginger, soy sauce and home made sweet glutinous rice wine, to let the freshness shine. The fatty cheeks were the bomb, skin was loaded with fat beneath, we had omega-3 overdose.

Oh my!  Salmon cheek and skin is one of my absolute favorites.  That is mouthwatering right there!
    Thanks. This is the more appealing side, also have a pic from the other side showing the cooked eye but didn't want to post and freak you guys out  =)
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    edited September 2022
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Boos Block cutting board. Got tired of not having a nice slab to cut on. Just delivered today. Maple
    Make sure you keep them oiled.  In the dry AZ climate I have had issues with warping and separating.  Lots and lots of oil helped solve the problem.  The ones I have bought do not come well saturated.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @ColbyLang

Nice score. I’ve got one and love it. Oil or wax it very regularly, especially at the beginning. You’ll see that the board soaks it up. Also, be careful about leaving cut foods on it, as the maple will stain if you are inattentive. Finally, if you don’t already have some, be sure to procure yourself some hand-forged steel to enjoy on it.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    @ColbyLang

Nice score. I’ve got one and love it. Oil or wax it very regularly, especially at the beginning. You’ll see that the board soaks it up. Also, be careful about leaving cut foods on it, as the maple will stain if you are inattentive. Finally, if you don’t already have some, be sure to procure yourself some hand-forged steel to enjoy on it.
    I hope it pairs nicely with my ever growing collection of Shun Premiers
  • paqman
    Options

Options
    Have fun!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    paqman said:

Ok I clearly do not know everything. What is this?   Al ost seems like a trimmer tooll
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    paqman said:

Do most of these 3D printers just run off Windoze, or do they work with Mac OS also?  Asking for a friend.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Botch said:
    paqman said:

Do most of these 3D printers just run off Windoze, or do they work with Mac OS also?  Asking for a friend.  
    I don't think anything works with a mac.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • paqman
    Options
    paqman said:

Ok I clearly do not know everything. What is this?   Al ost seems like a trimmer tooll
    It is a 3D printer, you can design your own projects or use existing ones shared by others.  You can check some projects here:  http://www.printables.com

I want to print custom enclosures for electronic projects that I am working on.

Options
    Botch said:
    paqman said:

They are not directly connected to a computer.  You have to copy your model files to a memory card and then add the card to a reader on the printer.  You can also connect a raspberryPi to the printer to print wirelessly from a computer.  There are software available on all platforms to design projects.

edited September 2022
    Options
    @Botch

This is the software maintained by Prusa but you can use any software you want.  The files that the printer needs are an open standard.

I am by no way shape or form an expert.  Prusa sells a 3.5 hours course on their site for 5$ which I intend to take.

There is a very good chance that I will outsource the design work to my nephew.

Options

Options
    Small diameter wheels, 45 mph - ER Drs. and dentists are going to love the increase in business!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    paqman said:
    @Botch

This is the software maintained by Prusa but you can use any software you want.  The files that the printer needs are an open standard.

I am by no way shape or form an expert.  Prusa sells a 3.5 hours course on their site for 5$ which I intend to take.

There is a very good chance that I will outsource the design work to my nephew.

I always wanted a keg-er-ator.  My engineers printed me several tapper handles when we got ours at work.  That was back when 3D printers cost more than keg-er-ators.  I still don't have one, but I have the tapper handles!
    Clinton, Iowa