Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

its back

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    I found out the r/biggreenegg subreddit is active - and folks are just seeing armadillo eggs for the first time! oof.
    Lots of “my fire went out”! And “is this safe to eat”? Threads over there. And of course “best lump”?????

and gawd awful brisket pics lol
    As soon as they add “what’s the best auto controller”… They will be caught up to this forum.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I needed the time on another forum for reasons that I won’t mention on this one.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited August 2022
    I found out the r/biggreenegg subreddit is active - and folks are just seeing armadillo eggs for the first time! oof.
    Lots of “my fire went out”! And “is this safe to eat”? Threads over there. And of course “best lump”?????

You could show up over their and a be a god.  Might have to head over.
    Every time I think of responding I just imagine the rabbit hole I am opening up and think better if it ha ha. There are a lot of greenhorns over there. Haven’t seen anyone step up and post anything remotely interesting or help anyone out. 

Lots of “chip soakers” on that sub. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Personally I’m not really sure all is right with the forum yet!  Numerous times Sunday I had to keep signing back on. Then just tonight once again that has started! I bet the problem has NOT been solved and the reason they took the forum down was to solve that issue - NOT something @JohnInCarolina or anyone else caused! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932

There is a recent thread requesting pork chop recipe!

That inspired/made me get a tomahawk Berkshire chop, marinade in my favorite salad dressing - Makoto soy ginger (in refrigerated section). Cooking on my gasser, so no egg photos today :(

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • RRP
    RRP said:
    Personally I’m not really sure all is right with the forum yet!  Numerous times Sunday I had to keep signing back on. Then just tonight once again that has started! I bet the problem has NOT been solved and the reason they took the forum down was to solve that issue - NOT something @JohnInCarolina or anyone else caused! 
    And it just happened AGAIN!!!!
  • RRP
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    5 TIMES NOW!!! THIS a is NOT fixed! 
  • RRP
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    8 times now! Good night! I’m tired of this crap! 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I did go down the recovery WTF rabbit hole today after around 48 hours down.  Talked with Bruce at corporate and asked if the 48 hour plus outage was just a disease or the way to announce terminal illness.  I was assured that the outage was known and acknowledged and the "recovery check was in the mail." And so it now is alive once again. FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,667
    was certain john destroyed the forum this time
    Looks like he got banned.  I'm sure he is.......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:

Dump your cookies and it should work.
    NOLA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    Haven’t had to log back in once today. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    Haven’t had to log back in once today. 
    Took me awhile to figure out my log in from home..

fukahwee maine

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    I was wondering if this site would come back as subscription site :s
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • fishlessman
     =)  =)B). And fixed again...
    fukahwee maine

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I thought it would come back as an Only Fans. But that can’t be true if JIC is banned. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

Every time I think of responding I just imagine the rabbit hole I am opening up and think better if it ha ha. There are a lot of greenhorns over there. Haven’t seen anyone step up and post anything remotely interesting or help anyone out. 

I still lose it whenever I think of the time you posted on some FB page, and essentially got a slap on the wrist for not having the right cred to offer brisket assistance. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    buzd504 said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:

That may not read the same to everyone.
  • fishlessman
    dmchicago said:
    I thought it would come back as an Only Fans. But that can’t be true if JIC is banned.                                          ...                      There's more crap f..d up.   But are you not banned too...

fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    was certain john destroyed the forum this time
    Looks like he got banned.  
    I’m not so sure about that  :s
    canuckland
  • RRP
    I wonder if Stephan Pastis is an egger and foresaw all this?

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    loco_engr said:
    I was wondering if this site would come back as subscription site :s
    Shhhh!!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    They paused it for the raid!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    They paused it for the raid!!

Vanilla forums Hosted in palm beach!  🤣😂🤣
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • caliking said:

I still lose it whenever I think of the time you posted on some FB page, and essentially got a slap on the wrist for not having the right cred to offer brisket assistance. 
    Ha ha. Forgot about that ine. I had to post 3 brisket cooks that were approved by the mod before I was allowed to comment. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    buzd504 said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:

Better then tossing your cookies.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    caliking said:

Ha ha. Forgot about that ine. I had to post 3 brisket cooks that were approved by the mod before I was allowed to comment. 
    I bet @travisstrick could have offered advice on day 1.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • I wonder if it was hacked. My phone just alerted me that my password has been compromised. could be a coincidence.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I wonder if it was hacked. My phone just alerted me that my password has been compromised. could be a coincidence.
    I wondered the same. Hope no one uses all of my awful cook posts against me! 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    I wanted to show-off my new American Made and Assembled bug-zapper.  Old-school hand wound transformer, no chinese caps in this bad boy.  Looking forward to the soothing hum.

nothing says romance like the soft glow and quiet hum of a bug zapper on the back porch
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga