Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Memorial Day ribs - the FaceDance way

Options
Thank you for your service to all of those who have served!

South Florida - Large BGE (DOB:  12/07/2013)

Comments

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,516
    Options
    Looks great. What was your time and temp for each step?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • FaceDance
    FaceDance Posts: 289
    Options
    Three full racks with your favorite rub for 2.5 hours indirect at 225 degrees with some smoke... looking for IT of 155-ish.  Once pulled, I cut the racks in half for the next step.  Wrap in butcher paper with couple spoonfuls of your favorite mix... I used butter, brown sugar, rub, fresh squeezed OJ, and honey (but can use any mix... apple juice, vinegar, BBQ sauce, beer, etc...).  2.5 hours wrapped at 225, rearranging the wrapped ribs 2-3 times.  I then throw the wrapped ribs in a tin covered with foil and a towel until ready to eat.  Then unwrap two 1/2 racks at a time, sauce, crank up the egg over direct heat, and cook for a few minutes each side.  Done.
    South Florida - Large BGE (DOB:  12/07/2013)
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    5 hours of cooking time for ribs is about 3 hours too long for my taste!
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • Tip2Tip
    Tip2Tip Posts: 100
    Options
    You cooked the **** out of those man!  
    California
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    What makes this “the FaceDance way?”

Looking good!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That question has been asked many times through the years and yet still remains an enigma 🧐 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    SGH said:
    That question has been asked many times through the years and yet still remains an enigma 🧐 
    I think it’s closer to a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.  

But that’s just splitting hairs. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,273
    edited June 2022
    Options
    SGH said:
    I think it’s closer to a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.  

But that’s just splitting hairs. 

You misspelled enema. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    And "spitting hairs".  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Botch said:
    And "spitting hairs".  
    The worst kind of enema. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    "The worst kind of enema"

Um .. not for nothing but the worse kind of enema is where you think you gave yourself an enema, but your aim was off and you cleaned, very thoroughly I might add, one of your breasts and like the upper half of your forehead instead, and then you realize you still felt a little bit too squinchy south of the border after all that ... and that's the very reason you bought the amazon enema kit in the first place.

Now you're standing here with one squeaky clean breast, a squeaky clean forehead and hair that's swept back in what's being referred to as the 'enema look" among all your friends. You point out to your friends that your hair is that way because it survived a powerful storm that was meant for your bum. They don't want to hear it,  buy you a really tall hat instead, and provide no protection to your bum from future enemas. 

I'm changing my.mind ... the worst kind of enema is the one you get because your friends wouldn't protect your bum. Hair styles come and go after all