Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT When you fail OT

2»

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Guys, I hate to state this, especially on this thread, but at least three posts here have said something to the effect that "Person A got this, but his/her family/coworkers/contacts did not, thank goodness".  
    Unless all those contacts TESTED negative, a few days later, YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!  40 to 50% of all people infected with this virus SHOW NO SYMPTOMS, and can/are spreading it to others; that's what makes this thing so dangerous!  
    It's also what makes the suppression of testing, at higher levels in the US, so evil.  

I think I stated it on a (sunk) thread months ago, that as long as we don't do a 100% shutdown for the entire country, we're all going to be exposed by the end of the year, here in the US; I've seen nothing since, to change my mind.  
    And even in countries that did it right (Canada, Germany, S Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, etc) flareups are continuing, and even increasing.  And now we're being forced here to send kids back to school, with politically-forced changes in guidance from the CDC.  
    I'm accepting the fact that I'll be infected by xmas; and with the luck I've had in life I'll be one of the 5%, or whatever the number is now.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• JohnnyArms
    JohnnyArms Posts: 38
    Sorry to hear about it. Regardless of the outcome the stress and the worry are what gets you. We will keep our collective fingers crossed. The virus is a ****. 
  • What's wrong with both? I've always believed you need to pray like there is a God and do actions like there is no God. 
    What religion you practicing?  The God you pray to never says that is enough, give some actions that honor me, no more just empty words?  Sign me up, I am convinced to convert.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited July 2020
    Botch said:
    Guys, I hate to state this, especially on this thread, but at least three posts here have said something to the effect that "Person A got this, but his/her family/coworkers/contacts did not, thank goodness".  
    Unless all those contacts TESTED negative, a few days later, YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!  40 to 50% of all people infected with this virus SHOW NO SYMPTOMS, and can/are spreading it to others; that's what makes this thing so dangerous!  
    It's also what makes the suppression of testing, at higher levels in the US, so evil.  

I think I stated it on a (sunk) thread months ago, that as long as we don't do a 100% shutdown for the entire country, we're all going to be exposed by the end of the year, here in the US; I've seen nothing since, to change my mind.  
    And even in countries that did it right (Canada, Germany, S Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, etc) flareups are continuing, and even increasing.  And now we're being forced here to send kids back to school, with politically-forced changes in guidance from the CDC.  
    I'm accepting the fact that I'll be infected by xmas; and with the luck I've had in life I'll be one of the 5%, or whatever the number is now.  

You have good points. I didn't mean to overlook the many people who are Covid positive that have no symptoms.
    Sadly, Covid seems like it is here to stay, at least until a viable vaccine is released. Shutting down the entire country is not likely to happen, unless all hospital capacity is totally exhausted.
    I see people living their daily lives as if they have never heard of Covid 19. They socially distance pretty well in the work environment, but let the work day end, and the night begin, and it's completely wide open party time, no social distancing required or tolerated. These are the dangerous ones, the ones that bring the virus back into the groups of people who are trying to be safe.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    First, thank all of you for the well wishes. It means more than you know, to all of us.

There is no update, as yet, and we remain hopeful for the best.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,418
    @YukonRon,
    in no way have you failed your children or your job as a parent. You’ve gotten them this far in life, I can only hope that I am as successful.

As the father of a 5 year old and a 3 year old, I constantly worry about this. Failure as a father. It keeps me up at night. It keeps me working hard. At the end of the day, the greatest joy is when I see their beautiful faces and know that I’ve made it through another day. I can only hope that I make it as far as you and your wife did without jeopardizing their safety. My grandmother (she’s 90) constantly tells me, little kids, little problems. Big kids, big problems
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    YukonRon said:
    You do the best you can to provide and protect those you love. You do the research, you study, you teach. You remind them every single minute of every single day to be careful going about their lives. you buy them masks, hand sanitizer, whatever you can to protect them. You remain in touch, you follow up, you take care of them the best you can possibly do.

I tried not to be over bearing, tried to keep from being too intrusive. I failed.

I failed at protecting, I failed at not being an overbearing old person watching out for our adult children.

Being a father is wonderful, with children that love you. Being a father is horrible, when something happens to them.

Covid19 has now touched our lives. Keep your thoughts positive for those going through this. Our child was recently exposed to someone who is carrying Covid19, who has been recently placed in the ICU.

She was informed today. Our daughter's testing is tomorrow.

Take a moment to remind your friends and loved ones to be vigilant and be careful.

Stay safe, Stay well.

Peace.
    Wow, you may be right, you likely have failed, maybe.  Peace

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    EGGjlmh said:
    YukonRon said:
    You do the best you can to provide and protect those you love. You do the research, you study, you teach. You remind them every single minute of every single day to be careful going about their lives. you buy them masks, hand sanitizer, whatever you can to protect them. You remain in touch, you follow up, you take care of them the best you can possibly do.

I tried not to be over bearing, tried to keep from being too intrusive. I failed.

I failed at protecting, I failed at not being an overbearing old person watching out for our adult children.

Being a father is wonderful, with children that love you. Being a father is horrible, when something happens to them.

Covid19 has now touched our lives. Keep your thoughts positive for those going through this. Our child was recently exposed to someone who is carrying Covid19, who has been recently placed in the ICU.

Take a moment to remind your friends and loved ones to be vigilant and be careful.

Stay safe, Stay well.

Peace.
    You went back almost two years to find a post to use to insult Ron that had nothing political in it, just concern for his family and for others. Does this align well with what you’re taught on Sundays?  Or is that just a label you use.

True colors.
  • EGGjlmh said:
    YukonRon said:

Stay safe, Stay well.

Peace.
    What a horrible c*nt you are. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    EGGjlmh said:
    YukonRon said:

Stay safe, Stay well.

Peace.
    Wow, your so mean 

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• EGGjlmh said:
    EGGjlmh said:
    YukonRon said:

Stay safe, Stay well.

Peace.
    Wow, your so mean 
    *you’re
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,958
    edited May 2022
    EGGjlmh said:
    EGGjlmh said:
    YukonRon said:

Stay safe, Stay well.

Peace.
    Wow, your so mean 
    I think Nola’s troll account said it better than I ever could but you clearly went years deep in Ron’s posts to find something to sh!t on that was important and personal to him. If that makes me “mean” to call you what you are then so be it. You people need to stop watching tv and go outside. Peace 
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited May 2022

I think Nola’s troll account said it better than I ever could but you clearly went years deep in Ron’s posts to find something.
    Why is everyone willing to put up with a psychopath’s troll postings (Carey) and not see this is wrong?  Are you all sheeple?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607

I think Nola’s troll account said it better than I ever could but you clearly went years deep in Ron’s posts to find something.
    Why is everyone willing to put up with a psychopath’s troll postings (Carey) and not see this is wrong?  Are you all sheeple?

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    EGGjlmh said:
    YukonRon said:

Stay safe, Stay well.

Peace.
    Nice to know I live in your head, hypocrite. What have you cooked recently?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon said:
    EGGjlmh said:
    YukonRon said:

Stay safe, Stay well.

Peace.
    Nice to know I live in your head, hypocrite. What have you cooked recently?
    He’s a horrible C*nt Ron. Don’t worry about him
  • Bump