Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Show us your Cookin Spot

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,555
    Options
    What a project.  Way to drive it home!  Stunning-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Okay, finally done.  Looking forward to learning the wood fired oven and cooking some food.  Been missing cooking for months.

I spy with my little eye a MBGE & MMBGE under the tree in picture 1 & 2. Where are their homes gonna be? They look so lonely over there  :(

Incredible outdoor space, very well done! 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,221
    Options
    bbracey21 said:
    Okay, finally done.  Looking forward to learning the wood fired oven and cooking some food.  Been missing cooking for months.

I spy with my little eye a MBGE & MMBGE under the tree in picture 1 & 2. Where are their homes gonna be? They look so lonely over there  :(

Incredible outdoor space, very well done! 
    Thank you, and yup they are lonely over there.  I haven't decided where to keep them yet.  That part has been troubling me since we started this project in Feb of 21.  Since they are portable I didn't want to "build" them in (plus the kitchen is already on the large side).  They will most likely live on the counter on the right hand side.  The mini now had a nest like the Mini-Max they should look nice together.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac Standing by for the party pics, maybe a new thread is advisable 😉
    Party pics? I am standing by for the party invitation! That is a truly beautiful outdoor kitchen. Well worth the wait.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,731
    Options
    That looks awesome!! Great job

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,731
    Options
    mummer43 said:
    Just had this completed.  There's a pool behind the area that isn't finished yet.

Nice!! Love the fridge!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • MediumRarely
    Options
    mummer43 said:
    Just had this completed.  There's a pool behind the area that isn't finished yet.

Very Nicely Done - looks a bit chilly. Tough spot being the follow-on post after Ozzie's palatial digs. But a really great area and I love the stone. Coupled with the pool, fire place and whatever other little goodies you have hidden out back - good times will be rolling and memories will be made. Sweet.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    mummer43 said:

Love the stacked stone and the egg being level with the counter top.  That fridge is killer too.  I am not to familiar with built in grills, what grill is that?  Looks really nice.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • mummer43
    mummer43 Posts: 36
    Options
    mummer43 said:

Love the stacked stone and the egg being level with the counter top.  That fridge is killer too.  I am not to familiar with built in grills, what grill is that?  Looks really nice.
    That’s a 42 inch Twin Eagles grill with a built in rotisserie. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2022
    Options
    mummer43 said:
    mummer43 said:

That grill is impressive!  Should provide a lifetime of solid service.  Just noticed your stone pattern on the patio portion.  I haven't seen that type of pattern and variety of stone sizes before.  The more I look at the details, the more I love what you have done. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,714
    Options
    love that set up @mummer43
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac I think one of these would look great in your back yard. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• MediumRarely
    Options
    mummer43 said:
    mummer43 said:

That grill is impressive!  Should provide a lifetime of solid service.  Just noticed your stone pattern on the patio portion.  I haven't seen that type of pattern and variety of stone sizes before.  The more I look at the details, the more I love what you have done. 

Same here. I had to research the grill. Awesome. I am thinking it is somewhere in the range of "the Ferrari of Grills" category. Probably not "Formula One", but maybe...
    As for the stone, the layout reminds me of a "French Pattern", but not quite. Love it though.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,378
    Options
    Dressed up the grill cabinet hanging yet another Christmas present.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @bubbajack: Beautiful and all, but… a little short on Eggs. 😂
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I would have to double back through the posts to verify, but have we had any shots from @lousubcap ? Or is he currently running submerged?
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,714
    Options
    Love the azaleas in bloom @bubbajack must be a older neighborhood to have them so prominent 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    wps456 said:

XL was delivered today…now complete, well, except that I need to grind some stone for the hinges to open all the way.
    What a gorgeous view and setup!!
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,751
    edited May 2022
    Options
    That looks amazing, the view and the outdoor kitchen setup. Congrats! If it were me, I'd throw a stone under the table nest to raise it up a bit so the hinge clears.
    Stillwater, MN
  • wps456
    wps456 Posts: 90
    Options
    That looks amazing, the view and the outdoor kitchen setup. Congrats! If it were me, I'd throw a stone under the table nest to raise it up a bit so the hinge clears.
    Thanks y’all, it turned out good! We thought about the stone too but I’m afraid it’ll raise the cooking height a little too much plus it might not look right since the L next to it wouldn’t have it. I think all it will take is a notch for each hinge about an inch wide that no one will ever see. Shouldn’t be very deep either cause it’s pretty close as is to opening all the way.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    wps456 said:

XL was delivered today…now complete, well, except that I need to grind some stone for the hinges to open all the way.
    What a gorgeous view and setup!!
    My thoughts too. Not sure which is taking my breath away - the kitchen or the view. Wow. 
  • 2HB
    2HB Posts: 19
    Options
    Very modest compared to a lot of the mind-blowing setups on this thread, but it’s my little piece of grilling heaven and I wouldn’t trade it. 

I’ve moved my grills around this side deck a few times over the years. Think of gotten where I like it for now. 

Don’t mind the bare spots in the grass (looking in your direction, @texasbge2018); I dug up the yard to install a window well and also spread almost a dump truck full of soil in the late fall. 

Can you tell me where you sourced your table? I’d like to move my Large BGE and KJ Jr. into something like that.