Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nashville in March/April ... Advice?

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
edited February 2022 in EggHead Forum
Looking to go to Nashville for a few days.  Will be going with my wife and another couple.  Want to stay somewhere fun and near downtown.  Looking to hit up some restaurants and bars.

Any recommendations for hotels and must try restraunts and entertainment venues?
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Stay at Bode. A couple blocks from Broadway street but is a really cool place. 

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Oh and Acme Feed and seed is good for sushi, it's at the end of Broadway, really cool place

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Biscuit love for breakfast. You are going to have a blast. Awesome town and a great time of year to visit. 
    Snellville, GA

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    It’s all right there. Stay close to Broadway, walk outside, and get your drink on. Go to Tootsie’s one night for sure. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnfromKentucky
    Options
    My son's friend Nathan Wilson is a new singer down there, playing at Tootsies this weekend. Go watch some local music on Broadway. Don't expect to get in the Bluebird or other high profile places...they book early. Nashville is fun!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yeah, Acme has some huge sushi platters, not cheap, but are great for groups.  
    Options
    You can have broadway at night. Full of 20 something’s drinking til they puke. Give me those hole in the wall places a block or two off the beaten path any day. Great talent is everywhere and keep in mind most are working for tips only. If elbow to elbow madness is your jam then Broadway is the place. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
  • bradleya123
    Options
    Nashville is a fun town!  They know how to separate you from money quickly!!! Take in a Preds Hockey game, fun times!!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Not that far from Louisville. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    We have made the 4.5 - 5 hr ride up many times since 2009 with Jan 2019 being our most recent trip. And from what I have heard, things have changed quite a bit with new hotels and attractions. 

We have always booked our trips around concerts at Bridgestone Arena, Ascend amphitheater, or the Ryman. And added a day before or after to enjoy Broadway. 

I tried my best to avoid Fri/Sat nights toward the end. Hotel rates got insane and the young crowd had indeed, taken over. Bars with 3 levels would be jam packed on every floor. And beer prices had risen from the 4/5 range to the 6/7 range. And I hear that they haven't slowed down one bit. 

I think Sunday - Thursday nights are great. Much less crowded and often you and your group can sit very close to the musicians. And with plenty of interaction. It's amazing what a $20 bill can get you in that town!

If it was my first trip to Nashville, I would pick a hotel within walking distance to Broadway. Music starts at 11am and runs at least until 2am every night. Food has always been secondary for us but there are certainly plenty of options. I always try to pick something new to us every trip but often we are good with just some apps at one of the bars. 

I have never seen a cover charge at any of the bars but the tip jar comes around often for the musicians. That is how they get paid. 

And try a piece of Nashville hot chicken! Shouldn't be hard to find, but Prince's and Hattie B's are two of the bigger names. I'm sure there are others by now.

I read recently where a new venue has opened that has multiple levels and houses maybe 20 different bars and restaurants. I'm thinking maybe Broadway and 4th street. I'll check and add an update soon. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 

Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • EggNashville
    Options
    If you can swing it a reservation at House of Cards is a pretty fun night.  Stick around for the late show if you go. Also google the dress code…they are pretty strict about it, but if you have room for a jacket in your suitcase throw it in there just in case.  Hope you enjoy your visit!
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    I was one block off. Check out Fifth and Broadway. Plenty of info online regarding this new establishment. 

Also,  you can check out visitmusiccity for tons of info. 
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice.  @gonepostal , very much appreciate the detailed write-up.

Looking for dates right now and some plane tickets.  Looks like a pretty popular time to go there.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice.  @gonepostal , very much appreciate the detailed write-up.

Looking for dates right now and some plane tickets.  Looks like a pretty popular time to go there.
    Us Northerners venture south for spring break.  Nashville is a nice drivable distance.  Our spring break is the first week of April.  Other schools around us are staggered from March-April.  My guess is that is what you are running into.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Us Northerners venture south for spring break.  Nashville is a nice drivable distance.  Our spring break is the first week of April.  Other schools around us are staggered from March-April.  My guess is that is what you are running into.  
    It's been some 15-20 years since SWMBO & I were attending 3-4 weddings/year (so things may have changed), but generally bachelor/bachelorette parties were 2-3 months before the wedding.  If that is still the case you're in the sweet spot for anyone getting married in May/June.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    Get yourself to the Bluebird Cafe.  Don't worry about tickets.  Buy a cheap guitar and go on open mic night.  Sign up and then say you're too scared to play.  Have done it a few times.  It is a hoot!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I love the pharmacy, which is just a mile or so east of downtown for great burgers and beer.   A very fun city to visit and part with wherever is in your wallet.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    Not downtown, but Loveless Cafe has always been good for us, tending to go at off-peak hours.  I usually eat about a dozen of those small biscuits they put on the table.  And - chicken livers are great there.
    https://www.lovelesscafe.com/